• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@Whistler, If you want to change Heinz's name, you could just edit your application and all posts you've made so far mentioning Heinz to someone else?

I doubt Snowy would be a retard and say "no" to that. (Though I'll still find a way to call him ketchup) XD

@Snowy: When levelling up, can I spend all my stats on one thing? Eg Reika is on 4spd. Can I spend my 3 points on Spd and make her Get 4.5 more Evade in one level up?

Kamilla doesn't smell bacon yet? She doesn't know where Katie is either so it might take awhile to get there.

Edited by Kanami

@Nady Stat caps. You cannot exceed 4 Spd until you promote.

Personally I would have had different stat caps for different classes, but a little late to change it now.

Does this new thread mean I have to do character controls?

Edited by -Cynthia-

@New thread: No, it doesn't, though if you're not a reasonable Rp'er you don't get to reference the thread when your character randomly learns you new skills out of nowhere.

@Do you have to post in the new thread

Yes, Please post your sign-up sheet, and keep it updated (Level ups/new supports). Just easier that way, if you have issues and don't want to post/update your characters info.... then I'll post it for you I guess (DIRECTED at Everyone)

@Stat Caps: That's..... rather ridiculous, and I'm itching to argue that *Re-reads sign-up*

@Phoenix: Do you think you could.... spoiler all your NPC's? XD

Edited by Kanami

Muhahahahaaaah-F*CK YEAH!!! No pressure -_-

I'll do mine later, since I'd probably have little more than stats.

Maybe around Chapter 8 when I have visible relations with the others.

The problem with redoing that is that we probably would have had different point distributions from the get-go, so it would require massive retconning.

Now caps increasing at first levelup would be easier to manage, since it only possibly changes Damian/Aiya/Morgan (Helios?)

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Cynthia

Wait, I'm not sure what you're talking about now. In terms of stat distribution, I'm only talking about distributing stats at level up. And am asking

When I level up to level 2, can I spend all 3 points I get on the same stat.

Eg: Kamilla Levels up!

I gain 3 stat points to distribute

I spend all 3 on HP (Giving Kamilla 9+9=18 HP)

As for stat caps as a whole, I don't really feel too strongly on the issue. Too much work as you say.

Edited by Kanami

Yes, but you can't exceed 4 total until tier 2 (except in HP which is max 6). The example you gave involved 7 Spd Reika.

Your second example works. Capped HP Kamilla olol

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Magic Knights

I'm not completely against the idea, but adding more horses to the group make me frown :(

My issue isn't with promotions but secondary weapons, as I find them not very important. And the last thing I want to see is people getting confused with which weapon they're fighting against. (Though I guess that's just me and PvP)

If people feels strongly about getting a second weapon I'm not completely against it, but as I said before, I don't want to see a General holding a spear, sword and axe in his/her inventory. And even a mage walking around constantly with two books and a staff is ridiculous. So secondary weapons, I'd prefer not to see, but don't mind. Third weapons though.... will have to deal with Nady wrath.

@Phoenix: I keep trying to get to posting my characters details, but get sidetracked by something else every few seconds.

@Lacuna/Phoenix: Is Shanice+Alpha being statted? Or are they just going to be plot nuisances, that don't cause any trouble?

@Snike: You deserve it! I was expecting Eric to do a bit more then say "violence=bad" after we travelled back and forth from Istample to Ilyphina :P

Edited by Kanami

My issue isn't with promotions but secondary weapons, as I find them not very important. And the last thing I want to see is people getting confused with which weapon they're fighting against. (Though I guess that's just me and PvP)

If people feels strongly about getting a second weapon I'm not completely against it, but as I said before, I don't want to see a General holding a spear, sword and axe in his/her inventory. And even a mage walking around constantly with two books and a staff is ridiculous. So secondary weapons, I'd prefer not to see, but don't mind. Third weapons though.... will have to deal with Nady wrath.

Secondary weapons are a good thing, but not realistic in terms of traveling on foot. That whole post just shows how badly this group will eventually need a wagon(Merlinus type character). You guys keep trying to cut things out of the rp simply because it would be a minor burden or problem for the characters in the rp. The solution isn't to cut things out, the solution is to do what FE does. *sigh* why did I even post this, you're just going to try to debate it with me for an hour :facepalm:

@ Shanice

Shanice will be stat'd when it needs it. It's not a one time stat boss so its stats will probably change depending on when it fights, and what it fights as though its preferred form is an assassin class humanoid.

Edited by Phoenix

Secondary weapons should be tier 2, only, IMO. As for switching them, there should be a mention of sorts in the post where they swap, just to let other ppl know.

@Cynthia

Somehow missed your response. I was under the impression that the 4 max was for sign ups and not the actual characters max?

For every point spent in HP, you receive three HP, making the max at base level twelve

&

At no time may you place more than four points into any category except HP (which caps at 6).

Is this my misunderstanding or yours?

Edited by Kanami

Part of my issue with secondary weapons is that some other classes get no secondary weapons (Myrms, Archers). I guess they could be given something to compensate, but then you end up with tricky balance issues.

Not to mention some secondary weapons are probably better than others. Staves are more important than WTC IMO.

The above statements are contradictory, I would ignore the max is 12 part.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Cynthia nailed the problem with secondary classes fairly head on.

This isn't to mention that Esphyr was slated to be one, but that didn't work out. So what about her? Would she promote into one?

Secondary weapons are a good thing, but not realistic in terms of traveling on foot. That whole post just shows how badly this group will eventually need a wagon(Merlinus type character). You guys keep trying to cut things out of the rp simply because it would be a minor burden or problem for the characters in the rp. The solution isn't to cut things out, the solution is to do what FE does. *sigh* why did I even post this, you're just going to try to debate it with me for an hour :facepalm:

Of course, I debate anything I don't agree with. QUESTION TIME! XD

I'm not concerned about the RP as much as I am about screwing around with the battle system. For people to be switching between two weapons anyway. And I most certainly don't give two cents about FE's sytem, as alot of it does not match with an RP type system.

I don't agree that a mage who has been studying magic all his life, suddenly discovers the art of healing. Or that a general who has been swinging spears all his life, suddenly becoming just as proficient in sword and axes.

@ Secondary balance

In FE they compensate for a lack of secondaries by making swordmasters critical hit gurus. Same for assassins. We could do the same with 2nd tier skills.

The FE system doesn't make much sense I agree. Being more powerful shouldn't just let you eb able to grab a new weapon and start swinging with it.

@ Snowy That doesn't follow FE class rules Mercenary-->Hero (or Ranger actually).

Edited by -Cynthia-