• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

World geography has not really been well defined yet. Everywhere we've been has been temperate.

I'm kind of assuming Ivanko/Irina/other Russian mercenary peeps are from snowy mountains.

Let's go to a desert or some snowy mountains after this.

I would support this actually, but I don't know if the continent even has deserts. Mountains sure, but deserts? Likely but it was never specified, and I doubt going from one climate to the next can happen in one chapter without a huge time skip.

@ Kiryn

Plains are notorious for wild wyvern attacks ...

@ Cynthia

How'd you guess?

They're Zaftrans(Russian yes). What remains of that country was up in the mountains. Ivanko's fortress is in Halton though :/

Edited by Phoenix

I was guessing there were deserts farther to the south of Halton, but that they were kind of ruined for even brief habitation by the war with the LoAF. I was sort of counting on it at least being hotter to the south.

At any rate, in the spirit of FE, we'll inevitably hit both at some point over the course of the RP. Not in short order, though.

@Plains: But you can see things coming for miles, and there's no hiding places for nasty things to lurk in.

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

We could take a ship to the other side of the continent or something. Fight pirates or flying demons?

@Plains: But you can see things coming for miles, and there's no hiding places for nasty things to lurk in.

Where's the fun in that?

Edited by psychout50

The country setup here reminds me of Elibe in some ways.

Halton= Bern. Militaristic. Known for wyverns.

Phoenix's Russia land= Ilia. Mercenaries. Is cold.

Kiryn's nomad land= Sacae. Thar be nomads.

Etrutria's profile seems to be split between Elyisima and Septimus (and Jerdon a little), since while Septimus seems to have the most religion, Elysisma got the mages.

Lycia is kind of like Vaorin I guess (which was part of Halton?). Generic.

Plain dwellers are good at killing people. Unless Kelas get's some tips from Irina, wyverns won't have much trouble attacking the group.

Seeing them from miles away helps, but it only lets you know that you've got a flying APC coming your way XD

We could take a ship to the other side of the continent or something. Fight pirates or sea wyvern?

Fix'd

@ Cynthia

I was thinking the same thing ... except for Russia Land :/

@ Wyvern attacks

Sorry if I've made them too common a threat :P

Edited by Phoenix

Since the big 3 nations seem to control everything, it's quite possible that the established nomad culture was smashed and the survivors scattered.

We should probably make a more clear world at some point, including nations that have been absorbed by others.

Jerdon- now part of Septimus

Tora- Considering Helios went to TISME and then went to Halton (implying Tora isn't part of Halton) I would say Elyisima

Russialand- Probably Halton as well.

Edited by -Cynthia-

@ Map

*sigh*

Time to make another topic for this thing -_- XD

@ Wyvern article

The wyvern article needs amending for recent events that I didn't foresee :mellow:

@ Russia land

Umm ... if Zaftra was in the mountains, that means most female warriors would have been wyvern knights(moutain wyvern = no arms), or pegasus knights. Nothing wrong with that, but now I should probably tweak the backstory a bit. Good thing I didn't write anything down.

Russian girls on pegasi ... mmmm :wub:

Viveka meet Ivanovna ...

Viveka: Oh great -_-

Ivanovna: There are only two kinds of people in these world. Those that are Zaftran, and those that wish they were Zaftran ^_^

Edited by Phoenix

THat would still leave us with a Western Isles-type place, a Nabata desert-type place, and I guess Eturutia is basically the same as Lycia.

I vote we head to the islands!

THat would still leave us with a Western Isles-type place, a Nabata desert-type place, and I guess Eturutia is basically the same as Lycia.

I vote we head to the islands!

If you want us to head to places like this, perhaps you should consider creating them and a plausible reason. We can't really head to places that don't exist yet.

For example, Cess is from there and you have book that will tell us how beat Helenos. Or something.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If you want us to head to places like this, perhaps you should consider creating them and a plausible reason. We can't really head to places that don't exist yet.For example, Cess is from there and you have book that will tell us how beat Helenos. Or something.

I try to think of something about that. Only I can see a couple of problems with that.

1. She already left, and we have no idea if she's going to return.

2.Is it possible for me to just come up with new countries?

3.If I had that book from the start, or at least knew of it, wouldn't it be confusing why I had no idea on how to fight her?

You can definitely come up with new countries if you want to. Techically the OP says there are only 3 nations, but it can be part of a larger nation.

As for the reasoning, yeah it's kinda sketchy. Maybe we hear a rumor of Conrad or Reika going somewhere?

There, I posted it. (Watch it have a million canon errors that I forgot about... Snowy! Halp!)

Beautiful article :) (You really favor this nomad stuff huh? Are you a native American by any chance? :blink: )

I'll go ahead and do Kelas today since she's suddenly so interesting XD

(must edit wyvern article with new info sometime today :unsure: )

@ Inn related stuff

Are we going to time skip there, or just ride it?

Sort of waiting for a bit of a reaction to my one-liner, because I had to rush it, so IDK.

Indirectly related to that, bets on an attack on the village we stay at?

Also, +1 article win.

@Phoenix: Slightly (I forget how many "great"s there are on the "grandparent" bit). Not enough to combat the "aaaah-I-have-Irish-skin-the-sun-it-burns" thing. That's not where I'm coming from with this though, I just thought the idea was kinda cool, and based my nomads off various things (the nomads from FE obviously, but with more moving around and a bunch of influence from the Bazhir and K'Mir from Tamora Pierce's books, and several real-life examples.)

@Plot: ~goes and does things~

@ Kiryn

Irish skin? :/

Anyway ... the Phoenix certainly does not have enough Irish in him to complain about the sun burning ^_^

Also, since your tunic Kelas' tunic got ripped, can I make a different one? Plain worn tunics are borderline expert status. I'm not an expert just yet-curse my inexperience :sob:

@ Inn

Not sure what to do. We're still in the swamp.

Edited by Phoenix

@Phoenix: I'm like 90% Irish. My skin comes in three colors: Pale, Protesting (breaking out in spots from heat), and Pain (sunburn AND spots.)

@Things happening: Hold yer horses... literally, Kelas is about to pass them out since nobody said anything against that.

For the nth time this RP, how many of us are there? XD

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist