• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@ Flavor

Hmmm ... tastes like ... monologue :)

In all seriousness though, I get all warm and fuzzy when people mimic my posting style. Strange cause I mimic Bal's in the area of context building, though I keep situational reviews and surrounding details to an absolute minimum. That used to hurt me when dealing with Cuddles cause she uses lack of context to screw us. (The soldier survived and escaped unharmed, etc)

I like your style, but I don't use it much, unless it's boss-related or the next battle-related. Makes it more Fire Emblem-esque, IMO.

So, uh, when's real Lev popping back in?

I haven't read Irina in tears before, though. Even so, it IS sad.

The real Lev'll be back soon ... with a blond chick over his shoulder to add insult to injury :facepalm:

Is this some way of balancing equations? NPC Promoted unit leaves with chick slung over his shoulder, shortly afterwards, another NPC promoted unit arrives, with another chick slung over HIS shoulder. Stop reminding me of Chemistry/Math. >.<

No this was all planned from chapter 8 I believe, just not the same job. I wanted Lev to be the one that captured Viveka because that would be hilarious, and I even planted some seeds of hatred between Irina and Viveka.

Reasons to hate Viveka:

Tried to kill Lev

Injured Lev(the scar on his eye is from that attack she landed)

Harasses group constantly

Fanatically loyal to Conrad(Military guys chasing them)

Reasons to hate Irina:

Wyvern rider

Wyvern lover

Mercenary

Fanatically loyal to Lev(womanizer)

I'm really hoping Isotov doesn't solve the Megae problem here.

1. He was just knocked unconscious, there's nothing for Proxima to draw upon.

2. Arrin's not aiming spells since he might hurt someone. Fireballs are not known to be crowd friendly

3. Isotov's beginning to have a godmodder feel to him. He's blocking spells with it, destryoing hordes of demons etc. Other people's Crimson Weapons tend not to have such fantastic abilities. Now that he can control it (because of making out during T or D?) it has no downsides

Just my $0.02

Edited by -Cynthia-

@ 2: Fireballs are more accurate than thunder bolts.

@ 1: Apparently, life-force. IDK, honestly, though. Plot enemy thing and such. If he can do that, why can't Eric just get up and proc an Astra crit?

I'm really hoping Isotov doesn't solve the Megae problem here.

1. He was just knocked unconscious, there's nothing for Proxima to draw upon.

2. Arrin's not aiming spells since he might hurt someone. Fireballs are not known to be crowd friendly

3. Isotov's beginning to have a godmodder feel to him. He's blocking spells with it, destryoing hordes of demons etc. Other people's Crimson Weapons tend not to ahve such fantastic abilities. Now that he can control it (because of making out during T or D?) it has no downsides

Just my $0.02

It seems like god modding because no one else uses their CWs in cinematic ways. That won't stop me from doing it though.

As far as god modding goes, I wouldn't say it has no weaknesses. Iso only uses those little fireballs in combat.

Useful info on Proxima:

Stat combat attacks:

Time to cast: 3 seconds

Power: average

Weakness: Stab'd before cast

Inferno(fried drug bandit):

Time to cast: 4-6 seconds

Power: high

Anti-Ivanko technique:

Time to cast: 10 seconds

Power: Very high

Forest buster(shockwave):

Time to cast: 4 seconds

Power: Extremely high

Weakness: Fly away(already stab'd)

Ether does similar things with GAE-BORG, only since it's a lance it's attacks aren't so area effecting whereas Proxima is essentially the worlds most effective flame thrower. You remember that Ivanko didn't die when he was struck with a high power attack right? That's because Iso wasn't strong enough to break through Ivanko's resistance(he's a damn wyvern lord for crying out loud).

EDIT:

Also on downsides

haven't you noticed the downsides already?

Downsides:

Fatigue

Bad luck apparently :/

Emotionally oblivious

etc etc.

Edited by Phoenix

My main issue in this case is getting back up to do plot combat after being knocked out in stat combat. That seems pretty illogical to me, especially since he hasn't even received proper healing in between.

Iso got back up because Katie was in danger again. He's going to be in a coma dead soon if he doesn't get help. It's kind of like the people who get shot in the chest and keep walking a little ways just before they die :)

Edited by Phoenix

I didn't even think he was conscious. If he managed to wake up in that 30 second interval or however long it was, he does not have the capacity to be shouting or casting spells or any of that nonsense, no matter what happens. Also he apparently was able to ignore Irina getting raped/killed whatever, same should apply for Katie.

People need to respect being taken down to 0. It's serious business.

I didn't even think he was conscious. If he managed to wake up in that 30 second interval or however long it was, he does not have the capacity to be shouting or casting spells or any of that nonsense, no matter what happens. Also he apparently was able to ignore Irina getting raped/killed whatever, same should apply for Katie.

Umm, so that means I cannot have Murphy help me abuse Eric when he gets KO'ed? D:

You can abuse Eric while he's unconscious/barely able to move etc. But popping up to whack stuff right after you fell unconscious defies plausibility, especially with no healing in between.

He slipped in and out of consciousness a few times, but being KO'd didn't actually cause him to pass out. I anticipated something like what happened so I left him conscious and had him fade in and out. Irina being kissed shocked the hell out of him. Go back and read it. After Shanice leaped away with her, Iso start calling for help or something like that. He was awake most of the time, just too injured to fight back.

When Megae was closing in to get Katie, he just went into guy mode. It's not that strange :/

As for respecting being taken down to 0, I do, that's why he called Kelly for help at first. Now that he did his guy thing ... he'll probably be gimped rp-wise til the next stat battle.

Eric can probably wake up, he is currently being healed and all.

Meh, I just think that if you can't participate in stat combat you can't do plot combat either. In-character there is no difference, and there was no healing or significant time interval in between. I also find the term "guy mode" just plain retarded.

I don't diss girl mode. Don't diss guy mode -_-

Anyway, the proper term is probably adrenaline rush. Once you forget your injuries you're likely to hurt yourself even worse. I do mostly agree with you on stat combat versus rp combat with a few exceptions such as temporary insanity(guy mode), etc.

I'll probably regret this, but what is "girl mode"? (it had better not involve cooking...)

Any time you're in a life-or-death situation you get a significant adrenaline rush. I don't see how Isotov's fascination with Cooking Mama would really improve that significantly enough to give him enough power to fight.

Really if the Crimson Weapons are going to display that much power, than Morgan and Helios should be able to do it as well. That said, I find the Promoxia power in Chapter 9 a Deus ex Machina pure and simple. Simply put, it just came out of the left field and it mowed down hordes of enemies. Unless I'm late to the party as usual, and the weapons always did that but whatever.