• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@Sage

That's what you get for messing with Pary. :awesome:

Cess and Pary count as a roll before the mages so I can do them now since Ether posted.

@Ether What?

Edited by psychout50

Sage, have you seen Eric in action yet? Or Kelas on a bad day?

The RNG hates us all in turn.

Oh man, I remember I was typing up a post to heal Kelas, about to submit it, then saw that she just dealt double 0s and got knocked out before I made it in time.

That was sad times.

And yes, the RNG is a harsh mistress.

Phoenix. How are you doing those XP calculations...?

Which ones?

Cynthia's post says 1 for hit, and 3 for kills

Irina scored two hits but I think I only counted one just in case, and she was at 95 before the battle. Add the participation exp of 5 and that's 9, but I might not have put that down either. May need to check.

As for Iso, he hit once, and killed the guy so that's 4 + the 5 for existing.

Viveka I'm not sure on. She gets the 5, and then the 4 for hit and kill, but I think I gave her the extra 1 for the second hit. Let me go look at it again ...

You do not get seperate exp for hitting and killing, just the killing. "Hit exp" is only if you attack and enemy and end up not killing it. It's like actual FE in this regard, except misses and 0 damage still give normal hit exp.

Coutnerattacking mage girls...uh not sure. Let's handwave the last round as they were attacking from long range, but ordinarily I would give counters I guess. Dunno.

Edited by -Cynthia-

You do not get seperate exp for hitting and killing, just the killing. "Hit exp" is only if you attack and enemy and end up not killing it. It's like actual FE in this regard, except misses and 0 damage still give normal hit exp.

Coutnerattacking mage girls...uh not sure. Let's handwave the last round as they were attacking from long range, but ordiniarly I would give counters I guess. Dunno.

Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Luckily Irina still leveled XD

Edited by Phoenix

So,then,would Psych roll the counterattack?(BTW,make absolutely sure to link any attack roll that involves a PC,even if you don't link others)

Or would we just roll the counter in our next post,and then launch normal combat?

I actually don't necesarily see the need to link to rolls, since they can be looked up anyway. Useful, but not required.

No counter for now. Ordinarily I would say that the person controlling the enemy makes the counter, but that's a lot of work for them...

I actually don't necesarily see the need to link to rolls, since they can be looked up anyway. Useful, but not required.

No counter for now. Ordinarily I would say that the person controlling the enemy makes the counter, but that's a lot of work for them...

Isn't it a lot of work for anyone posting these? I don't think that's a good excuse. Not having Psych post counters because it's a lot of work doesn't make sense especially not in this scenario.

Psychout didn't use a tracjer,or they aren't on the account,at least.

if you have your own,then link us to it.if you don't reroll on the LordOfAzureFlame account so that we can see you aren't BSing.

Well to be fair, he may not know about the site or can use it very well. For instance, I don't bother with it since I have my own dice that I roll. I can understand completely you wanting him to have one though.

And I guess I just proved my honesty.

Isn't it a lot of work for anyone posting these? I don't think that's a good excuse. Not having Psych post counters because it's a lot of work doesn't make sense especially not in this scenario.

It's worse for controlling the enemies because you have to look up the stats of each character you're attacking, then roll seperately, include their skills/supports yadda yadda. Some people don't have updated sigs or don't have the stat info in their sigs, if I attack Iso/Irina for example, I have to go all the way to your 'About Me' page, open up the Spoilers etc.

When you attack as a player, you already know your character's stats, and the enemy stats are right there, enemies tend not to have skills or supports and you're only attacking 1-2x per post.

That's probably the primary reason for enemies not getting countered in the first place.

BTW Psych, think you calculated the crit on Esphyr wrong, she should be unconscious.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I wasn't doing counter attacks, because technically they're still on top of the church using seige tomes.

So I'm not specifically re-rolling so they avoid damage.

What Cynthia said too. I'm having to look for a post of who I'm attacking to find the stats.

Edited by psychout50

I hate this battle so much. I mean, there's no skill involved in it. It's a foregone conclusion that the mage sisters are going to beat us and just because of their overpoweredness. This wouldn't bother me if we didn't always lose battles we're in.

Edited by Dark Sage

So is it ok that I've been using actual dice instead of Invisible Castle rolls?

Considering how badly Alferis seems to get screwed over I doubt you're fudging so I'm fine with it. If you start scoring crits 40% of the time like Kai I might make you use IC, but for now using your own dice is fine by me.

It's worse for controlling the enemies because you have to look up the stats of each character you're attacking, then roll seperately, include their skills/supports yadda yadda. Some people don't have updated sigs or don't have the stat info in their sigs, if I attack Iso/Irina for example, I have to go all the way to your 'About Me' page, open up the Spoilers etc.

When you attack as a player, you already know your character's stats, and the enemy stats are right there, enemies tend not to have skills or supports and you're only attacking 1-2x per post.

That's probably the primary reason for enemies not getting countered in the first place.

Summary: If it's not worth posting the counter, you shouldn't attack in the first place. Saying it's too much work is a bad excuse in my book.

Expounding: I keep Iso/Irina/Viveka true stat sheets(the ones I update constantly including skills, their descriptions, and supports ... I'd recommend everyone do that) in my "manage notes". I give them out upon request. It wouldn't take more than five minutes. I still don't see laziness and a little extra time used up as an excuse to avoid a counter attack. That's not good enough.

Second, Psychout's using a battle strategy that wasn't specified ahead of time. He says they can't be countered because they're on top of a building, and that's the only reason given. There's no rule against attacking the mages in the first place.

"They're on a church roof so you can't attack them!"

Any archer, flier, or mage can attack them even on a roof top.

I didn't see this anywhere ...

"Until the skeletons are defeated, the mages can't be attacked."

This is a borderline god mod, and I'm going to argue it to the ground because there was no "rule" against countering them, only a distance excuse that can be destroyed in one post so I don't buy it.

For future reference, the statsheets in my profile are totally outdated. I'll post the true ones in the character thread later on today.