• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I'm gonna have Pary talk to Charlotte in a post or two, then they can go find the dragon's grave and have another convo. That might give them 50% to C? Yes/No?

@Phoenix No idea what your talking about. Charlotte was tired, he healed instead.

I totally want a Wyvern conversation now. Damian can go around saying "Esphyr, Aiya, Esphyr Esphyr Aiya Aiya.

Edited by psychout50

I'm gonna have Pary talk to Charlotte in a post or two, then they can go find the dragon's grave and have another convo. That might give them 50% to C? Yes/No?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! >_<

So just because they interact they should have a romantic relationship? I plan on Alf and Esphyr getting to know each other and being friends, but I don't plan on a romantic scene.

And Psych: By that logic, Alf should have a C with Charlotte, Reika, Eric, and Dani by now, since he talked to them more then Pary ever did.

Edited by Dark Sage

@phoenix They've interacted about as much as Alf/Reika, and one of the two aren't closed off.

I said 50% too. They talked in his mansion too.

@Sage They'd have three conversations and think about the same things, and it's 50%. Alf just keeps saying one liners, and not of much subsatance.

Edited by psychout50

What the crap are you talking about? He only talked to her for a bit and spent most of his time arguing with Alf and Reika. You sir have no idea how supports work.

And Alf and Reika do talk. A lot. In fact, they interact the most with each other. I know, it's my fault, but you can see that their relationship is growing gradually. They argue and they disagree, but they still are interested in each other, though right now, not romantically.

Point is, they've done more than Pary and Charlotte ever have.

Edited by Dark Sage

@phoenix They've interacted about as much as Alf/Reika, and one of the two aren't closed off.

I said 50% too. They talked in his mansion too.

Talking ≠ support building (or IsoxIrina is close to a B )

Edited by Phoenix

@Sage :facepalm: I didn't say that gives them a C. Just that it makes them closer. Reika is closed off to Alf though. Charlotte tried to support and defend Pary when the others were yelling at him.

Eh, if the talking to one another is positive (even some lectures count), it's support building as the character's are building a friendship of sorts.

I think psych's point was that a C sometime in the future between Pary and Charlotte may be possible, as they've had friendly interactions so far, not anytime soon. Like 3-4 chapters from now at the earliest.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I know that, but that shouldn't be 50%. Yeah, Charlotte defended him, but that automatically means they're halfway to a C? Alf helped Charlotte and Eric rescue Dani and he protected her in battle. That's a lot more and they're not halfway to a C.

I have more catching up to do, thanks to shower and eating, but here's the first few posts.

Esphyrx Damian B...I'm undecided here. Usually a love declaration kind of singifies more than a C, but it kinda came out of nowhere IMO (plausibility issue). Also Bal is probably opposed due to it not following the "support triangle" idea. The support triangle idea doesn't make logical sense, but it does encourage characters not to just cling to one other person.

I'm colored against it slightly on principles, but it's not really an ironclad thing. If nobody else likes the pyramid idea, I'm perfectly fine with that. It doesn't have to be there, but I think it should be an important rule of thumb to try not to just lock yourself into only interacting with your (current) support partners. I know I get guilty of this a lot too, and it's sometimes hard not to be in that mindset, and I think while the bonuses given due to supporting make it a bit more of an issue here, it's still somewhat of a problem you might expect to see elsewhere. Some writers enjoy working more with some people than others, or some characters just don't get along with certain other characters, and trying to force that definitely might not be best. And maybe a strict pyramid is no good, but maybe a looser one would be fine, like a two step chain (no A until 1 C, no S until 1 B, etc. instead). I mean, I don't even know guys.

Anyway, regarding the specifics of the support, after I said that there should be more branching out, things've been happening, and we've been seeing them not entirely glued to each other, which was my main concern last time we raised the subject. I mean, just one example has been the Esphyr/Lev fighting, and also the promise of more conversation with Tessa maybe getting the chunk o' backstory out into the open.

Twilight. The story of a girls choice between bestiality and necrophilia.

Necrophilia should win in most, if not all, cases.

Pairings ... okay that's sometimes funny but women comments? Come on >_>'

Different sense of humor, each to his own, etc etc.

Twilight: Teaching teenaged girls that abusive relationships are the best thing ever!

The abused being the girls?

Balcerzak, read yer PM.

Lol Bal, you're too hard on yourself. Tessa is a pretty bad example of a character only interacting with their support partners, she's had conversations with a good portion of the party (over half, which is like 13 people).

Not every character has to talk to every other character (hard to do, though Morgan has talked to everyone but Derek?), but at the same time, only ever conversing with like 2-3 other characters is bleh. Striking a balance is good IMO.

There's also the issue of "same controller pairings". It's a lot easier to write conversations between two characters you're controlling at the time rather than waiting for someone else to respond. This problem is compounded by the fact that people who control multiple characters usually have them in a relationship of some sort (there are exceptions, like psych and myself). Not to mention inconsistency with auto-pairs, Iso/Irina C, Damian/Aiya B, Snikepeople nothing, Kelas/Arrin nothing.

IsoxIrina isn't much of an auto pair, and I haven't even kept track of how far along they are because I figured the issue would come up again and it would be settled then.

@ Alf

He often butts his way into every conversation. It's kind of annoying actually.

I think it kind of was at first, but they talked a lot at the beginning so it was fine. Of course now they haven't talked for like forever, since Iso's busy fapping over Katie.

I kind of think all support pairs should start at 0 regardless of prior relatiosnhip, but I'm more willing to accept faster "levelups", since the bond is more plausible. Kind of how most brother/sister pairs in the GBA FEs have accelerated support speeds (9 and 10 replaces these with bonds).

Alf did have the "new character issue", which I noticed with Charlotte. She clung to Eric pretty badly there for a while, but that's because people didn't bother to talk to her for the most part.

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Cynthia

That might be more we have two of the same gendered characters and less we insist of pairing them.

@Sage

I thought that too, the butting in thing, but I was trying to keep it to myself.

Edited by psychout50

Huh. I'll keep that in mind. Many don't approach Alf though, so he has to get into conversations.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so consistent. For instance, Viveka offered him a ride (interaction bait)since Levski said no, but instead he grabbed a horse and later butted into Lev's conversation with Morgan. Sometimes it's just annoying(and not just for Lev XD )

@ Cynthia

How is leaving Katie to tend to the HM fapping?

Edited by Phoenix

@psych Also, not siblings. Basically we just happen to control two characters that have no relation to one another. I personally dislike writing monologues, so I'll continue that style. Any important backstory characters can be put in the NPC category.

@Phoenix I meant in general, not right now. Right now is actually a good example of interacting, Isotov and Tessa probably won't be joined at the hip anytime soon, but they still had a conversation about recent events with each other.

@ Sage

Advise?

Well ... try to remember everything that's happening. This might involve backtracking a page or two (since some people only post a few times a day). The more you know(context-wise), the more power you have in forging interactions and scenarios :)

@ Cynthia

Tessa:16

Iso:23

I don't want to risk "joined at the hip" <.<

Edited by Phoenix