Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

A character (Always Female, hence the name) who fights almost entirely with kicks. She may occasionally throw a punch, but kicking is her primary means of offense. Why is this? Perhaps it's because kicks have better range, or feet with shoes are less sensitive to pain than bare hands, or she has stronger legs than arms. However, it's also just as likely that it's to show off her legs.

In reality, women do generally have much stronger lower bodies than upper bodies, which means that they're naturally more inclined to use kicks than punches. Also, as the first instinct of any attacker is to bind or otherwise incapacitate the arms (and leave the legs relatively free so that you don't have to carry her), it's quite practical to deal damage with your means of locomotion. And every girl knows the classic "kick 'em in the nuts" move for self-defense—it works on women too, by the way...though not in the nuts.

Primarily an Action Girl trope. A sub-trope of Extremity Extremist, one that requires the character is female, always fights with kicks, and preferably has an essence of Fanservice to her kicking as well. Sometimes have Hartman Hips as a result of the muscular development of their lower bodies. See also Waif Fu, and contrast Staff Chick.

It's really just for martial artists.

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Viveka's a lance wielding soldier who uses kicks sometimes, not a martial artist who whips out a lance every once in a while.

I think the other tropes handle it. We get that she has long legs.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The long leg tropes aren't all that important since every girl in the party has them by default :/

Kiryn's quote actually helps me out a lot. Read it again:

"who fights almost entirely with kicks"

I see no ratio here. I see almost. The kicks are for friendlies and people that just need to be hurt and beaten down. The lance is strictly for killing, or mounted knockouts(example: Iso)

Viveka is a soldier who uses kicks whenever she can. The lance is for killing people which kicks aren't always good for(there will be exceptions to this rule since she does know how to snap necks this way). The reason I want the trope up there now, is because she's going to prove this as time goes on anyway. I don't want to have her kicking the crap out of people several times per chapter and starting infighting just to prove her fighting style preferences. That's terribly OOC.

@ Snike

Is there a quote from that one or can you explain it better?

Right, so it doesn't require all that much proving. Like I said. After we've seen her kick people more than, say, twice, we'll think about it. So far it's only been the lance.

It's been the lance so far because no one ever picks fights with her. If she got into ten fights with ten people, she'd have kicked each and every one of them. This is just a lack of fights, not a lack of appropriate kick chick behavior.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MegatonPunch

Basically that, but applied to the feet.

Also, I need to congratulate you, Phoenix. FMPOV, Kiev's age is a plot hole.

Explain this plot hole >_>'

@Clocky

That's directed at me I suppose? Then how do they sleep? They have to kneel eventually.

@Snike

I know. He caught Kiev at the same time, and Kiev was 5 then.

Edited by psychout50

Except that when she's actually fighting people, she uses her lance :mellow:

It's like if I had Morgan running around slapping people all the time, but using magic to fight in actual combat. "Shaman who slaps people" is still a better description than "Slapper who uses magic sometimes"

Edited by -Cynthia-

They can doze standing, or lie down. (The lying down only happens for a few hours, and they generally won't unless it's safe/there's sufficient watch present.)

Pretty sure I put that in the useful notes bit, actually... have you read those?

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

@Psych: Uh, no. The wyvern attack was by the Bull alone, IIRC. Otherwise, you'd think Viv would recognize the other 2-3...

Edited by Snike

@Cynthia

Why hasn't she already done that?

@Snike

Now you're finding loopholes on purpose. -_-

I just realized, if she supports Eric, it'll basically be Irina and Aiya only Sword instead of wyvern.

@Snike

What do you mean by 2? :blink:

Basically, when we go to the islands, she meets us the second we get off the boat. It's planned out a bit.

But she's in no way evil. She'll basically join if Cess simply asks.

So, Ivanko caught Victor four years ago, right? Then, how is Kiev nine?

And for a while I was worried about the Victor-Viveka connection :sweatdrop:

Anyway >_>'

Wyvern round up.

I never settled on how many breeding wyverns Ivanko had, or even the time Victor started being used as a breeding wyvern. Kiev's age(8 11/12) was decided based on Irina's(20). Victor's(100-100+) was based on size and intelligence.

Here's a little story :3

Victor

A wyvern tail

There once was a bull wyvern ... who was very strong and brave. He got to mate an awful lot, and no one could oppose him. He mocked archers, and smashed snipers. He ruled whatever area he was in at the time, and had many many children over the years. Then ... something happened! Ivanko ... his human equivalent appeared! Thus began the great Wyvern Round Up. These humans were strong, and even tamed mountain wyverns. This was unacceptable. To become stronger, he needed more land, more room to spread his wyverny empire. To Elyisima he went, his children, and their children depended on his success.

Once in Elyisima, he began ravaging farm lands to force the humans out, all the while, his children to the south were being captured and tamed. Eventually, Ivanko tracked him down, and after nearly dying at the hands of the mercenary, was captured. To this day, he waits for opportunities to kill him, and restart his glorious reign as a wyvern sovereign, his children, the soldiers.

THE END ... or is it? >_>

Whaddya think?

I know. He caught Kiev at the same time, and Kiev was 5 then.

Say what?

Except that when she's actually fighting people, she uses her lance :mellow:

It's like if I had Morgan running around slapping people all the time, but using magic to fight in actual combat. "Shaman who slaps people" is still a better description than "Slapper who uses magic sometimes"

Aren't you kind of proving my point there?

Going to bed. Be back on Thursday. Until then, CCs to preferably the second or the dracomaster.

Aren't you kind of proving my point there?

The point is that the 'Kick Girl' trope is for female martial artists who primarily use kicks. Really no PC can fit this trope as FE characters primarily use weapons.

@Morgan slapping She might start to do that now. Arguments be damned, just rough people up.

The point is that the 'Kick Girl' trope is for female martial artists who primarily use kicks. Really no PC can fit this trope as FE characters primarily use weapons.

Do I really have to have her start assaulting people all the time to prove that wrong? :(

I mean normally I'd agree with you, but we have more violence outside of actual stat battles, and even if we didn't, as stupid as it is, she actually could kick people while mounted. I just don't wanna go through the trouble of adding even more chaos to the group. But I also want the trope -_-'

@Morgan slapping She might start to do that now. Arguments be damned, just rough people up.

*wonders if Levski somehow caused this indirectly or otherwise* >_>'

Victor.

He'll kill us all in our sleep. (Phoenix is totally thinking this now.... <_< )

Whoops. Didn't notice I put Krinkov instead. Fix'd.

So......

Edited by psychout50