Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Of course he was the most popular guy in the school. He's a sue.

And I wish you would at least try to think about what I said. I don't really oppose a military princess all that much because Minerva is one and no one is mad about that.

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

This is kinda funny because Damian isn't actually all that popular with the girls(not by overall comparison. He's got a grand total of forty-eight encounters, but there are only two women in the party that like him that way. Meanwhile, we have Levski who's broken down Viv's bullsh*t barriers, and has Irina in the palm of his hands. Iso has Katie now apparently, and Viveka wouldn't be a stretch either given her love of pyrotechnics.

We all know that Ether totally BS'd that but that is not the issue.

Also,people overstate this way to much.

Hes had sex once in the RP,had one or two mentions of his prior sex life,and he's a flirt.Alf said "With his reputation with women",only Esphyr and Aiya have any idea about any of that,and only Esphyr has an actual number.

Yes,he is playful and flirty,yes,he mentions innuendo somewhat frequently,but y'know what,most groups of people have someone like that anyway.He's not doing anything perverted or anything of the sort,he is just flirting.Yet everyone in the group(and most people in chat) gang up on him like he is some sort of lustful demon.Stop blowing shit out of proportion.

@Kai:

"You mean the same Barte with 3 speed?"

Yes. He gets out of his hole fast, especially in a limited deployment draft run where XP funneling is much more common. With +1 speed he can start doubling Knights and Soldiers on Chapter 14, as well as the pegs pretty much all by himself, which will be very important if Cynthia wants to progress to the main part with her only other characters Hector and Marcus, because otherwise she'd need to have Hector take that job. Marcus is good, but he isn't "solo the entire chapter" good, and Erk will need some protection too, as he starts horridly frail with no LM to boost him up. I really think if Bartre sticks around, she needs to grab him.

@Psych again: Post the sign-up sheet please?

Agreed. Posting sign-ups and getting mod approval is important procedure to follow, even if it's just rubber-stamping.

I'm hoping that people don't pick Dorcas/Bartre before my next turn comes up. If not, earlygame gets ugly, though as long as I have Marcus it shouldn't be *too* terrible. If people take the axemen, I guess Isadora is next, she'll help me get through Kinship's Bond. Though I really just have to defend there since I doubt I'll be needing the Knight's Crest.

FE8 might be an interesting drafting tourney. Seth should probably be banned though.

Exactly, you seem to have a pretty good idea of what's going on, so you probably don't need the advice, but I couldn't help but chime in anyway. FE7 is pretty much my favorite game of the whole series. I don't remember who all is left, but Isadora actually might be a good choice regardless. You already made sure to grab a flier for Crazed Beast, so you're probably fine on that count, but snagging a second just to hurt the opposition might not be bad either, considering all of the fliers (barring Farina, who probably won't arrive in time to get recruited in this run) are extremely good. Well, Vaida comes late, so you want to avoid her, but...

I was pondering trying to set one up for FE6, but trying to figure out specifics. I'm also more focused on my FE4 run, atm, to be quite honest.

No. You use that to cover up the real issue or it seems. I could care less about him having sex. He can have sex all he wants, he'll end up with STD'd.

The real issue

Why would the princess care about Damian?

@ Bal: Meh. He is only useful for getting the extra Wodao

Edited by Kai

Also,people overstate this way to much.

Hes had sex once in the RP,had one or two mentions of his prior sex life,and he's a flirt.Alf said "With his reputation with women",only Esphyr and Aiya have any idea about any of that,and only Esphyr has an actual number.

Yes,he is playful and flirty,yes,he mentions innuendo somewhat frequently,but y'know what,most groups of people have someone like that anyway.He's not doing anything perverted or anything of the sort,he is just flirting.Yet everyone in the group(and most people in chat) gang up on him like he is some sort of lustful demon.Stop blowing shit out of proportion.

You certainly haven't helped considering how you made him "Very popular with women in military school" and how Aiya and to a lesser extent Esphyr worship the ground he walks on.

So basically blame that on your own shitty writing instead of calling us meanies.

She doesn't care about him in the sense you are thinking of.She knows him somewhat,and respects him(both for his father,and for his own military position).That is all.

EDIT:I'm not calling you mean,or anything of the sort.All I'm saying is that people should have better things to be doing than bitching because Damian had sex in school.I'm sorry,but I didn't know that not being some loser who sits in the corner and cries all day makes someone an unrealistic character.I apologize for making a character who was popular with the girls 7-8 years ago.

Edited by Ether

She doesn't care about him in the sense you are thinking of.She knows him somewhat,and respects him(both for his father,and for his own military position).That is all.

An example?

Eirika and Seth

Or something like Kyle and Eirika

This is kinda funny because Damian isn't actually all that popular with the girls(not by overall comparison. He's got a grand total of forty-eight encounters, but there are only two women in the party that like him that way. Meanwhile, we have Levski who's broken down Viv's bullsh*t barriers, and has Irina in the palm of his hands. Iso has Katie now apparently, and Viveka wouldn't be a stretch either given her love of pyrotechnics.

@ Cynthia and Bal

What's a drafting tournament?

Tessa is affected by his charm too, but won't pursue things as she's slowly figuring out just what is going on. And since I'm guessing most of the encounters happened in serial (though this may not be the case, due to Halton and polyamory), getting the affections (of some sort)of three at once is actually still respectably feat.

@Drafting tournament:

A group of people take turns picking units to use to play a game. They will only be able to use the units they picked (barring lord + jeigan exceptions), and units can only be drafted once.

Kai, can you please try to improve your post and plot quality, before hammering somebody else about theirs? I'd rather have a Sue, than have several hundred god mods and ass pulls. This hounding is just coming off as hypocritical.

Kai, can you please try to improve your post and plot quality, before hammering somebody else about theirs?

Go away. No one asked me about any errors. I totally messed that one up though. In reality i meant Border town but i messed that up too. How about you respond?

Edited by Kai

Bartre is a pretty solid unit in earlygame FE7 really. On NM he's completely unecessary of course, but on HM with just Marcus and Hector I can see uses for him. Like on False Friends he can probably kill the stuff that spawns in starting area pretty well (though those peg knights run at low HP and it's a rout map argh blargh). But I just love Harken too much to let him slip by.

I suspect someone will take Heath this round who doesn't already have a flier.

FE6 is fun and all, but it's hard to draft for. Probably want to at least make Marcus free, since otherwise the Prologue's going to be extremely painful for some people. Or make it NM.

@ Drafting Tournament

Oh cool.

@ Damian x3

Eh, one extra girl's effection/curiosity(Tessa) isn't that big a stretch. The Zaftran males are getting along with the females just fine. Damian is Sueish in some ways, but he's hardly as bad as what he's being made out to be.

On that note, I'll prove my point depending on what the HM decides to do regarding Ixion. He's actually an evil dark sue of sorts.

Example?

If he ever turns on the party, you'll be enraged by just how overpowered he is.

Uh, people have. People have told you you've done a bad job.

That was after. If anyone would have asked more about what i was planning then it wouldnt have been so rushed.

On that note, I'll prove my point depending on what the HM decides to do regarding Ixion. He's actually an evil dark sue of sorts.

Example?

If he ever turns on the party, you'll be enraged by just how overpowered he is.

So just make him not sueish. Powerful, but legitimately.

... If he's fought, I want the Prince's Despair to be playing during the battle.

And Kai, the cavs WILL be stomped in plot combat, if they don't let the group through.