Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

It's kind of uncommon for any unit friend or foe to get onerounded ... except for Morgan sometimes -_-

Viv also has the same weaknesses that Morgan does(DEF: 0) with evasion being her only saving grace. Under normal circumstances running away from un-winnable battles is the key to survival, but Viv could easily get double teamed during the enemy phase. Just consider her the group's demi-Neasala.

One rounding isn't necessary, and she only has three vulneraries. If those run out, she could get KO'd in two turns.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

If you have 4 Skl you have a 50% chance to hit her. Anyone with 4 Str still 2HKOS her on average, with room to spare (7+7). If said character also has 3 Spd (and let's say 0 Lck), Viv has a 5/6 chance of hitting, but only does 5 damage on average...before Def. If they have 12 HP/ 2 Def, she's barely 4RKOing on average.

Combat mobility via flight hasn't actually been utilized yet.

Naesala's defnesive stats are really good. And unfortunately the Enemy Phase doesn't really exist.

Statiscally speaking, a lot of other characters should also get maimed on counters, but enemies jsut *happen* to roll 1's about 50% of the time.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Naesala was only in FE9 in the endgame, IIRC. As for the double-team thing, the highest skill a tier one unit can get is 4, which means they have to roll a 4 to begin with, making it a 50-50 chance of a hit if the WTD is neutral or at their advantage. This would have to be an archer, a lance wielder, or an axefighter, of which, the archer is most likely to be able to have 4 skill. Even still, the odds are, both won't hit her.

If you have 4 Skl you have a 50% chance to hit her. Anyone with 4 Str still 2HKOS her on average, with room to spare (7+7). If said character also has 3 Spd (and let's say 0 Lck), Viv has a 5/6 chance of hitting, but only does 5 damage on average...before Def. If they have 12 HP/ 2 Def, she's barely 4RKOing on average.

Combat mobility via flight hasn't actually been utilized yet.

Naesala's defnesive stats are really good. And unfortunately the Enemy Phase doesn't really exist.

Statiscally speaking, a lot of other characters should also get maimed on counters, but enemies jsut *happen* to roll 1's about 50% of the time.

I wish the enemy rolled ones when I was using the dice rolling site :angry:

And to add to my Viv loving rant, Snowy only gave us twenty points to start with. That's well balanced.

@ Cynthia

Ignoring enemy phases, can we still have double and triple teaming? (Iso and Irina attacking the same person in one post) Or do they have to go after different targets?

@ Snike

Making Viv hard to hit was the entire point. She suffers in nearly all other areas :mellow:

Edited by Phoenix

Maimed on attacks counters? I wonder who that would be...

Also note that 12 HP isn't the norm, for most units. AND, she's only level 1.

I really liked the article.

^ This. I wanna sea wyvern! :D

No, my secondary character, if I make one, will not have a wyvern.

Maimed on attacks counters? I wonder who that would be...

Also note that 12 HP isn't the norm, for most units. AND, she's only level 1.

She's a mounted unit. 12 HP accounts for her and her mount. Irina has the same build, only with higher defense, no resistance, better attack strength, and almost no luck.

@ Cynthia

I can help you with enemy phases if you want. I'm ... available ... most of the time :unsure:

She's a mounted unit. 12 HP accounts for her and her mount. Irina has the same build, only with higher defense, no resistance, better attack strength, and almost no luck.

@ Cynthia

I can help you with enemy phases if you want. I'm ... available ... most of the time :unsure:

... OK, then Jackson must be a ****ing beast. I mean, he has more health than a flying horse.

Jokes aside, Irina is also waltzing around in mage country. The odds of her getting fried, and Viv getting fried, have a massive gap between them, due to the lower evade stat. Point is, unbalanced is an understatement. Just my opinion, mind you.

@ the enemy phase idea: We should have one designated player for the enemy phase, rolling for them on that phase.

Edited by Snike

Long as it gets done that's fine, except for the fact that everyone now has miracle on the first turn ... , but Cynthia, I'm going to have to send you my tactics overview for the Shanice units when I get a chance. I think you'll like it. It's very FE like and ... strongly encourages teamwork ;)

Edited by Phoenix

Semi-fix solution:

Post enemies stats and make the enemy attack first, no reason why player turn always needs to come first.

"My character died on the first turn"

Well good for you, just means your luck was rotten or Snowy really hates you XD

-Maybe make characters non-killabled in the first attack (survives on 1 no matter what)

Should give Vuln's and Tessa a bit of importance then.

But that means no more terrible luck attacks! ;_;

I like the idea, though.

I thought about this, but I imagine people would complain if they were getting pwned at the start of battles, as you pointed out they'd at least get 5 Exp if they weren't instagibbed. I don't see why they should be left to survive though, should have spent 3 points on Miracle mothafuckas.

One problem with the Enemy Phase is targeting. I kind of assume targeting will largely follow FE rules (attack weak units and those with bad counters). However, unlike actual FE you can't position your units so that enemies don't swarm your troubadour. Personally when targeting players I like the 'share the love' method, in which enemies attack players individually (no gangbangs), with preference towards suishies and those who attacked them.

LMAO!!! XD

You say weird stuff sometimes and I never see it coming XD

On the other point... you could insert some personality into the troops to have only certain ones go after certain people.

If there's some sort of plot relevant reason for an enemy to attack a particular character that will be done of course. Lol random soldiers/bandits etc. obviously lack this motivation.

If there's some sort of plot relevant reason for an enemy to attack a particular character that will be done of course. Lol random soldiers/bandits etc. obviously lack this motivation.

Sure they would.

Bandits are rough and horny, so they'll attack the guys and try to keep the girls alive.

Soldiers are concerned with ending the battle quickly, so they'll go after the leader ... Damian <.< >.>

Eh maybe. Focusing on a single target has multiple issues (spacing, player upset because character knocked out early, character defeats all enemies and gets boatload of Exp).

Anyway, next combat there might be some Enemy Phase action. When Snowy returns I might ask him about the reasoning behind PCs beign unable to counter, doesn't make sense to me atm.

I am back. Here's what's going on this week with me.

Tomorrow: Will be gone in the late afternoon/early evening for church, and spotty at night due to raids. But present.

Sunday: Spotty, but present.

Monday: I may or may not be present. Unknown.

Tuesday on: FREEDOM!

Anywho, what's up?

Maybe you two should just decide during the enemy phase who should be attacked based on circumstances rather than cheap FE logic. Otherwise Tessa's a dead woman, and Iso, and Irina are going to keep falling behind.

On the counters ... Snowy probably did it because he knew we'd be mopping the floor with them regardless and wanted to give them a better chance. Doesn't matter though without an enemy phase :lol:

Nady's figuring out ways to take down Kai, I'm preparing for the Shanice events and trying to weasel in support building while I wait, Ether just gave Aiya huge black wyvern, Cynthia said "mothafuckas" and made me laugh, Viveka needs your approval, and enemy phases are being discussed.

There was a little discussion about character saturation, nothing major.

Battle system re-examined, particularly enemy phase. Any reason that PCs can't counter?

Because originally I planned to have the NPC's get a enemy phase. During that phase, they would get to launch their attacks. It wouldn't have been a problem if I just did rolls, but there would have been a RP component. It's difficult enough keeping track of everything up to that point. Trying to add in the stress of making satisfactory RP posts for each character who got a counter that fit their rolls was a challenge I wasn't up for. Hence, no counters.