• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Objection!

................................................................................................................................................................

Naw i dont got any. ^_^

No she's not, that's a homunculus. Or whatever.

Well it depends on how one's existence is defined. If there is a such thing as a soul, then she's a homunculus. If there isn't, then it's actually her since a person's memories are basically who they are.

@ Snowy

Type this in google.

"FMA Homunculus"

Edited by Phoenix

Memories don't really define personality, not entirely anyway. Nature vs nurture I guess? Augh, let's not start that argument >_<

No let's! :)

Everything that Miranda was(everything in her mind) was placed into this body. All she's really missing is a soul, and souls aren't established canon yet so it's really up for debate if it's actually her or not.

So what comes along with the hypothetical soul? Emotions? Morality? Or are those already installed?

LOL @ Morality :lol:

I'd say the only mental difference between Miranda and Demon!Miranda is "Oh look I can cast without a tome now!". If you're worried about her being all helpful to the group and stuff because she and Iso were lovers once, don't. She's not a very helpful person.

I was actually wondering if her personality will go a bit differently. Since we're FMA nuts, and I've watched the first anime despite not approving, I suppose the relevant example would, again, be the homunculi: they seem to retain the memories of their past lives, Sloth and Lust especially, but their minds work in radically different ways.

Like the HM?

Exactly like the HM. The most she'll do for the group is do Iso a favor, and criticize them all. That's about it.

I was actually wondering if her personality will go a bit differently. Since we're FMA nuts, and I've watched the first anime despite not approving, I suppose the relevant example would, again, be the homunculi: they seem to retain the memories of their past lives, Sloth and Lust especially, but their minds work in radically different ways.

Well that's because they only seemed to retain some of their memories, not their entire mindset. It's kind of like those guys who've been in jail and have been raped or raping for years. Same past memories, totally different outlook and mindset.

As for Miranda, she's got her own set of mental problems to deal with that I'll probably note again in a pm >_>'

Erm... If someone is a demon, I would assume that it makes them loyal to their master beyond questioning. Ergo, Helenos's demons were loyal to the LoAF first, so they followed his orders over hers (which is why she wasted them on that demon town in the swamp). Ruby seems loyal enough to Helenos to suggest that she was either made by her, or Helenos found some very difficult way for them to change loyalties. I would say they are closer to constructs in Agatha Clay, Girl Genius (having to obey orders unquestioningly and whatnot) than Homunculi. Though the two are fairly close to begin with.