Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Cigs were probably invented "officially" after people saw vagrants wrapping tobacco up in little rolls and smoking them. That could've happened much earlier. Who knows. Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is with the pipes. You make it sound like you want to scare people away from having smoking in the rp via pipe restriction.

"*gasp* Oh no! Pipes! Ewww!! Forget I said anything!"

@ Kai

"Robitussin"

Besides, that was a two time joke.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Cigarettes wouldn't be the first thing introduced in the RP that didn't fit the medieval setting. Overall we haven't been very good about that.

That's because of and by itself the medieval setting sucks. Why do you think every fire emblem game has an abundance of actual dragons? Let's not even get into the magic user part.

Not the point. We didn't even do fantasy medieval very well :/

That's because we all put in our two cents and they each came from somewhere else.

Snowy=HM

Phoenix=Ixion and all this FMA stuff

Kiryn=FMA stuff

Cynthia=Mind wiping (epic win btw)

Psych=Shadow girl stuff

Snike=Badass general chick

Ether=The oddest couple ever conceived

Kai=Helios

etc

There's a bit more to it. Cigarettes didn't come about until Cigars became popular first, which didn't happen until paper was common enough to make burning it a viable thing (and even then, it was difficult without machine due to the small size). So even if they existed, they would be so few in number that only the nobles in the party would know, or possibly be able to own one due to those two factors (while I assume paper of some form is common enough to make tomes from, I doubt it's at the mass-production levels needed to make cigarettes practical). Secondly, this is a relatively med-low tech world. Probably early renaissance at most with magic replacing gunpowder and other forms of tech with a few needed tech-spikes. Time-frame-wise it would still be the level of clay pipes anyways (cigars didn't really happen until the 1800's). I'm not trying to scare people away from smoking by the pipe-restricition (I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm flat out refusing for personal reasons), what I'm saying is that even if smoking were allowed, it would be in the form of pipes and not cigars or cigarettes unless you REALLY want to go out of the way to define how a world that seems overtly deciduous in its forests (ergo, leaves not good for rolling) and with a time-consuming trade network at best (still haven't moved past sailing ships and flying can't carry a huge load yet) is capable of providing the needed market and popularity to distribute cigarettes to people on a near-daily basis just so that one person in the RP can smoke one.

Sorry. No go.

You know..... Damian really hasnt done anything for a while.........

@ Snowy: Dude.......... I get it, your a Tobacco Nazi. Just wanna let you know that Im 14 and cant smoke so dont take it out on me, 'kay?

@ Kiryn: Can i get the link to that image?

Edited by Solf J. Kimblee

I'm more talking about the slipping in of modern day things here and there that don't really fit the supposed time period. And the anachronisms. All over the place with those.

At least Ether didn't invent gunpowder ...

There's a bit more to it. Cigarettes didn't come about until Cigars became popular first, which didn't happen until paper was common enough to make burning it a viable thing (and even then, it was difficult without machine due to the small size). So even if they existed, they would be so few in number that only the nobles in the party would know, or possibly be able to own one due to those two factors (while I assume paper of some form is common enough to make tomes from, I doubt it's at the mass-production levels needed to make cigarettes practical). Secondly, this is a relatively med-low tech world. Probably early renaissance at most with magic replacing gunpowder and other forms of tech with a few needed tech-spikes. Time-frame-wise it would still be the level of clay pipes anyways (cigars didn't really happen until the 1800's). I'm not trying to scare people away from smoking by the pipe-restricition (I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm flat out refusing for personal reasons), what I'm saying is that even if smoking were allowed, it would be in the form of pipes and not cigars or cigarettes unless you REALLY want to go out of the way to define how a world that seems overtly deciduous in its forests (ergo, leaves not good for rolling) and with a time-consuming trade network at best (still haven't moved past sailing ships and flying can't carry a huge load yet) is capable of providing the needed market and popularity to distribute cigarettes to people on a near-daily basis just so that one person in the RP can smoke one.

Sorry. No go.

Why does this concern me? I'm not an advocate for cigarettes XD

Damian has been nearly dead for a good while as well. I plan to have him comment on how he managed to get through the fight without breaking something, since his luck has been bad lately.

Damian has been nearly dead for a good while as well. I plan to have him comment on how he managed to get through the fight without breaking something, since his luck has been bad lately.

Shouldnt he like be talking to Esphyr? They seem a little distant even though I love it.

unless you REALLY want to go out of the way to define how a world that seems overtly deciduous in its forests (ergo, leaves not good for rolling)

Cigars are made from tobacco leaves. The outermost leaves (the wrapper) come from the widest part of the plant. Tobacco is deciduous.

My main issue is the hypocrisy here. You don't like cigarettes and thus ban them, many RPers don't like the polygamy, yet it stays. NNeither of them fit the setting really, so I think that if someone wants a cigar, they can go ahead.

To stall until Snowy decided what to do about his so called project(the one with positive repercussions) ... not that I'm involved mind you ... just bored.

Gotta wonder what that wyvern is drinking though ...

@ FEE

I already have an account there. I was there before I came to SF. I just never log on because Esau might show up.

@ Wyverns

Yes I like wyverns. I also like Pegasi, and chicks like Karla.

Edited by Phoenix