fe7 equivalents

I'm planning a sort of hack, where I change the growth rates, base stats, and level of the characters to their FE7 equivalents. However, should I simply swap the base stats and level, or try to balance it out with the difference in joining time, and more chapters in FE7? So basically, since I'm just not counting Lyn's Mode, and using the default stats for Lyn Mode characters, there are 23 chapters in FE7 Hector Mode, and 21 in SS, having the finale as one chapter in both cases. So I would take a stat from the FE7 equivalent, divide by 23, and multiply by 21. Then, take the character's level and do the same thing. Then I'd lower the stat by the growth, depending on how many levels they lost. I have a feeling I'm making a mistake somewhere in my logic though, and I'm forgetting to do something.

However, the main problem I'm now running into, is that a few people simply don't have an equivalent, or could have two. For example, there are three healers in SS, but only 2 in FE7, so Moulder is left out. These are all the people in SS, with their equivalents, in case I'm making a mistake somewhere.

Eirika- Lyn

Seth- Marcus

Franz- Lowen

Gilliam- Oswin

Vanessa- Florina

Moulder- I'm tempted to use Hector, but...

Ross- Bartre or Dart?

Garcia- Dorcas

Neimi- Rebecca

Colm- Matthew

Artur- Lucius

Lute- Erk

Natasha- Serra

Joshua- Guy

Ephraim- Eliwood or Hector? I'm leaning towards Eliwood.

Forde- Kent

Kyle- Sain

Orson- I don't think I'm going to match him up, as he's only there temporarily.

Tana- Fiora

Amelia- No idea.

Innes- Louise

Gerik- Raven

Tethys- Ninian/Nils

Marisa- Karla? She'd get a crazy stat bost though...

L'Arachel- Priscilla

Dozla- Hawkeye

Saleh- Pent

Ewan- Nino

Cormag- Heath

Rennac- Legault or Jaffar?

Duessel- Guh... Isadora or Wallace?

Knoll- Canas

Myrrh- No idea.

Syrene- Farina, I guess, although the switch between prepromote and unpromoted is a bit iffy. I could do Vaida.

I could just leave Amelia and Myrrh alone, I suppose...

Have orson replaced by Marcus have him be there permenently and replace Seth with rath. Then replace myrrh with ninian because they are both kinda dragonish. I think moulder with Hector is okay because 3 lords rather than 3 healer

Edited by rslfan

Rennac should be Legault. Jaffar's primary purpose is to kill things while Legault is to steal, much like Rennac.

As for Duessel, this is hard. Isadora has that rider-rescue utility but Wallace has Duessel's defense. Both have the weapon triangle... I say Wallace for the defense, though.

Ross I'm undecided as well. I could see him as both.

I almost said Saul for Moulder then remembered that he's FE6.

Have orson replaced by Marcus have him be there permenently and replace Seth with rath. Then replace myrrh with ninian because they are both kinda dragonish. I think moulder with Hector is okay because 3 lords rather than 3 healer

The purpose of the hack is to somewhat see whether the FE8 characters are better, or the FE7 ones. After this, I'm going to do the reverse, although that may be impossible, because FE7 has more characters.

Also, to clarify, I'm not replacing weapons, just stats and growths, so Moulder will still be a healer, even with Hector's growths and stats. But he'll actually be a boulder. :P Any hack past that is beyond me. Actually, even this is beyond me, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the editor. I'm woefully inept at this stuff.

I also contemplated replacing Myrrh with Ninian, but then who do I replace Tethys with? I don't want to use one character for two people.

I could use FE6 instead of 7, but then FE6 has too many characters, and every other person has two replacements, making it a bother to choose.

I'm planning a sort of hack, where I change the growth rates, base stats, and level of the characters to their FE7 equivalents. However, should I simply swap the base stats and level, or try to balance it out with the difference in joining time, and more chapters in FE7? So basically, since I'm just not counting Lyn's Mode, and using the default stats for Lyn Mode characters, there are 23 chapters in FE7 Hector Mode, and 21 in SS, having the finale as one chapter in both cases. So I would take a stat from the FE7 equivalent, divide by 23, and multiply by 21. Then, take the character's level and do the same thing. Then I'd lower the stat by the growth, depending on how many levels they lost. I have a feeling I'm making a mistake somewhere in my logic though, and I'm forgetting to do something.

However, the main problem I'm now running into, is that a few people simply don't have an equivalent, or could have two. For example, there are three healers in SS, but only 2 in FE7, so Moulder is left out. These are all the people in SS, with their equivalents, in case I'm making a mistake somewhere.

Eirika- Lyn

Seth- Marcus

Franz- Lowen

Gilliam- Oswin

Vanessa- Florina

Moulder- I'm tempted to use Hector, but...

Ross- Bartre or Dart?

Garcia- Dorcas

Neimi- Rebecca

Colm- Matthew

Artur- Lucius

Lute- Erk

Natasha- Serra

Joshua- Guy

Ephraim- Eliwood or Hector? I'm leaning towards Eliwood.

Forde- Kent

Kyle- Sain

Orson- I don't think I'm going to match him up, as he's only there temporarily.

Tana- Fiora

Amelia- No idea.

Innes- Louise

Gerik- Raven

Tethys- Ninian/Nils

Marisa- Karla? She'd get a crazy stat bost though...

L'Arachel- Priscilla

Dozla- Hawkeye

Saleh- Pent

Ewan- Nino

Cormag- Heath

Rennac- Legault or Jaffar?

Duessel- Guh... Isadora or Wallace?

Knoll- Canas

Myrrh- No idea.

Syrene- Farina, I guess, although the switch between prepromote and unpromoted is a bit iffy. I could do Vaida.

I could just leave Amelia and Myrrh alone, I suppose...

Actually I've always thought that FE8 were based on some of the prominant FE6 characters rather than 7, there are exceptions like Artur probably being based on Lucius. If you check the beta of FE8 you'd notice that some of the character's stat growths were originally higher/lower. So for example Lute was supposed to have an even higher magic growth, which leads me to think that they just increased all of Lilina's stats and growths and lowered magic slightly, and it makes sense because only lute and Lilina have ridiculous magic growth's, Erk might not make sense at all considering his gender is completely different, probably. That way you can take equivalents from both games and not be completely screwed when you replace Myrrh's stats (Fa is a good option, and if you notice the games just swapped Fa's Luck growth with defense and called it Myrrh). Moulder is probably based on Saul? just not character-wise...

Edited by Brighton

Replace Tethys with louise and replace Innes with Hector

Why give a Dancer 12 Strength? Why give a Sniper the stats of a level one axelord?

Yeah Brighton was right when he said some of the characters are based off FE6 too

Lute is more Lilina

Marrisa is more Fir

Joshua is more Rutgur mixed with a little Guy

Gerik is more Dieck

Colm is more of Chad

Epharim is a powered up Eliwood

Natasha is a Serra/Ellen hybrid

L'Arachel is Clarine with a little Priscilla mixed in

You could adjust the FE7 char's levels to those of the FE8 characters and then change their stats.

A lot of the equivalents come higher leveled, and thus with better stats, though.

I could use whichever one of the equivalents has the worse stat/growths, but I'll need to draw up a whole new list then.

So should I simply fill in the blanks with FE6 characters, use all FE6 characters, or use whichever one is weaker? And should I change supports too? Although I don't know how to do that.

Okay. So, new and improved list.

Eirika- Lyn

Seth- Marcus

Franz- Lowen

Gilliam- Oswin

Vanessa- Florina

Moulder- Saul

Ross- Bartre

Garcia- Dorcas

Neimi- Rebecca

Colm- Matthew

Artur- Lucius

Lute- Lilina

Natasha- Serra

Joshua- Guy

Ephraim- Eliwood

Forde- Kent

Kyle- Sain

Orson- Zealot

Tana- Fiora

Amelia- Wendy

Innes- Klein

Gerik- Raven

Tethys- Ninian/Nils

Marisa- Fir

L'Arachel- Priscilla

Dozla- Hawkeye

Saleh- Pent

Ewan- Nino

Cormag- Heath

Rennac- Legault

Duessel- Percival

Knoll- Canas

Myrrh- Fa

Syrene- Yuno

Now another problem. I grappled with the rom editor for a while, and then realized I simply had no idea what to do, so someone will have to do it for me, and then send me the patch. Not sure if anyone has the time...?

I also contemplated replacing Myrrh with Ninian, but then who do I replace Tethys with? I don't want to use one character for two people.

Despite the fact that she isn't being as annoying as Lalum... she has that "stubbornness" sometimes, as illustrated in some of her support conversations...

So if you're going with some replacement characters from FE6 to fill the void... that will do it ._.

Meh... FEditor Advance will help greatly for the mugs... heck, you could even replace Myrrh's Dragon animation with Fa's transform animations...

Edited by shadowofchaos

what program are you using for the editing? it should be really easy with nightmare and the right modulus.

The one they give in the list of editors in the hacking faq. I can't make heads or tails of it.

The mugs in no way affect their gameplay, so it hardly matters.

Okay. So, new and improved list.

Eirika- Lyn

Seth- Marcus

Franz- Lowen

Gilliam- Oswin

Vanessa- Florina

Moulder- Saul

Ross- Bartre

Garcia- Dorcas

Neimi- Rebecca

Colm- Matthew

Artur- Lucius

Lute- Lilina

Natasha- Serra

Joshua- Guy

Ephraim- Eliwood

Forde- Kent

Kyle- Sain

Orson- Zealot

Tana- Fiora

Amelia- Wendy

Innes- Klein

Gerik- Raven

Tethys- Ninian/Nils

Marisa- Fir

L'Arachel- Priscilla

Dozla- Hawkeye

Saleh- Pent

Ewan- Nino

Cormag- Heath

Rennac- Legault

Duessel- Percival

Knoll- Canas

Myrrh- Fa

Syrene- Yuno

Now another problem. I grappled with the rom editor for a while, and then realized I simply had no idea what to do, so someone will have to do it for me, and then send me the patch. Not sure if anyone has the time...?

IMO Gerik is probably more based on Dieck. Based on high con and low speed growth rates rather than Raven's low con and high speed growth.

Edited by Brighton

Moulder- Canas, just look at their growths. It also REALLY fixes his lack of Res and Mag.

Ross- Barf-tray

Ephraim- Hector, he already has a gret base Spd to rely on.

Forde- Kent

Kyle- Sain

Tana- Actually, she would actually do best as Farina seeing as she is more Str-based than Vanessa is, Vanessa is the more Skill-based beppgie.

Amelia- Try Wendy.

Gerik- Dieck (Yeah I know, he's from FE6 but it totally goes...)

L'Arachel- Priscilla

Rennac- Legault

Duessel- Vaida

Knoll- Canas, again...?

Myrrh- Fa

Syrene- Florina, their growths are nearly identical.

I fixed some things that could help.

I fixed some things that could help.

I'm not replacing them with the people who have nearly identical growths. I'm replacing them with the ones who are of the same archetype. So even if Syrene's growths might be closer to Florina's, she's being replaced with Yuno. And Tana is of the same archetype as Fiora, not Farina.

Umm....Tana is in no way in the same "archetype" as Fiora. The only similarity they have is they are both the 2nd peg knight to join you. Tana doesn't really have an arcetype. The closest character in ANY Fire Emblem game I can think of is Caeda. I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who even really comes close to being like Tana.

Edited by frat_tastic

Umm....Tana is in no way in the same "archetype" as Fiora. The only similarity they have is they are both the 2nd peg knight to join you. Tana doesn't really have an arcetype. The closest character in ANY Fire Emblem game I can think of is Caeda. I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who even really comes close to being like Tana.

That's true, Tana isn't in an archetype. So the only similarity to pick is the second peg. I considered Tate as well. Her or Fiora, at any rate. I could do Farina, but meh.

Dude, you should totally hack Caeda in. DO IT.

With or without a 13+ mt wing spear? (effectively, do the forging when creating her since you can't forge in-game and just give her an epic wing spear.)