The Nintendo 3DS

Mousefire

At least that "piece of shit" isn't badly manufactured.

I never had any problem with hinges if that is what you are trying to say.

Edited by Mordecai

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, an eyecandy succesor, making games more revolutionary with actual 3D graphics coming out of the screen...?

And the PSP didn't get much updates really, just a new color or some other small things.

The Tegra rumor is still out there. From the people I've seen talk about it, Tegra 2 would put the new DS at the power level of the Wii or so. We'll have to wait until E3 to see what comes about of that though.

The PSP has PSP-1000, 2000, 3000, and the Go. There is even a rumored PSP-4000, though it could've easily been a photoshop. That is four iterations for the PSP, same as the DS(Regular, Lite, i, iXL).

Just you wait, your DS's hinges will break in the moment you expect them the least to do ...

Okay, an eyecandy succesor, making games more revolutionary with actual 3D graphics coming out of the screen...?

And the PSP didn't get much updates really, just a new color or some other small things.

Ahem ...

The 'eye candy' won't be the only thing the 3DS will offer, that I can assure you.

Just you wait, your DS's hinges will break in the moment you expect them the least to do ...

I hope not..

anyways that 3d function sounds cool...

Like an F-Zero game for the DS? That would be amazing.

It would be awesome.

I hope it incorporates some Falcon Punch

Oh, and guys, DSi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS. Stop crying over the GBA slot. :facepalm:

Edited by Isaac55

I will never give up my GBA slot. Never.

Certainly, a camera and internet function won't buy me. We have cell phones already.

Has your GBA stopped working or what?

No but the GBA is crap (the one i have) i got it for like 5 bucks.

Edited by Mordecai

It would be awesome.I hope it incorporates some Falcon PunchOh, and guys, DSi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS. Stop crying over the GBA slot. :facepalm:

Let people have opinions. My DSLite is awesome. I hate those boring colors DSis have to offer. PINK WHITE BLACK AND BLUE OHYAY (And in other countries, Dark Blue, Yellow, and Purple.)

But they don't sparkle like DSLites do.

I probably won't get this because I don't care about the complications of having the extra features that make not much of a difference to it besides enhancing it slightly.

Edited by soluna

Oh wow, bashing something you haven't used.

que

At least that "piece of shit" isn't badly manufactured.

Perhaps. If you didn't have a DS and wanted to get one, you'd obviously get a DSi. My post was for people that already got a DS (such as me).

Perhaps. If you didn't have a DS and wanted to get one, you'd obviously get a DSi. My post was for people that already got a DS (such as me).

Indeed.

It still disappoints me greatly though that there is quite a big number of DS Lites that break just like that.

Edited by Ike-Mike

I will never give up my GBA slot. Never.

Who said you had to? I still use my old DS (that does, in fact, have a broken hinge), and I use it for Trading, GBA, and Migrating. And who knows, maybe they will bring back the slot.

Certainly, a camera and internet function won't buy me. We have cell phones already.

What about DSi Ware?

I probably won't get this because I don't care about the complications of having the extra features that make not much of a difference to it besides enhancing it slightly.

Are the new games going to be compatible with the DS/DSlite/DSi?

What about DSi Ware?

Are the new games going to be compatible with the DS/DSlite/DSi?

Nope, i'm not interested in them.

I doubt it, it would be using 3d feature...

You are aware that this isn't just another iteration of the DS, right? You're not going to be able to take 3DS games and play them on your good old DS/Lite/i/XL. You'll be able to do this the other way around, thanks to backwards compatibility, but this is a successor and not a reiteration.

You are aware that this isn't just another iteration of the DS, right? You're not going to be able to take 3DS games and play them on your good old DS/Lite/i/XL. You'll be able to do this the other way around, thanks to backwards compatibility, but this is a successor and not a reiteration.

Exactly. If you don't get it, don't expect to be playing any new DS games.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be interested in any 3DS games, though.

They had the GBA SP for a while and then they stopped making games for it

Possibly they could do the same for the DS

Edited by Kai

It would be awesome.

I hope it incorporates some Falcon Punch

Oh, and guys, DSi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS. Stop crying over the GBA slot. :facepalm:

I can understand that the DSi > DS, but really, what makes it that much better?

I haven't seen anything to justify a purchase for anyone who already has a DS. If you want a camera, get a camera (which is probably better for photography at the same price). Foto Showdown is the only dsi exclusive game (outside of the ds shop) I know of that's being released right now. And since nintendo is already working on the "full successor", and it seems like not everyone has converted from the DS to the DSi, I doubt most game devs will want to move to a game with a smaller base of gamers.

I can understand that the DSi > DS, but really, what makes it that much better?

I haven't seen anything to justify a purchase for anyone who already has a DS. If you want a camera, get a camera (which is probably better for photography at the same price). Foto Showdown is the only dsi exclusive game (outside of the ds shop) I know of that's being released right now. And since nintendo is already working on the "full successor", and it seems like not everyone has converted from the DS to the DSi, I doubt most game devs will want to move to a game with a smaller base of gamers.

Well my reasoning for getting a DSi was that the shoulder buttons on my Lite, unsurprisingly, failed and refused to start working agian. The hinges on it were also broke, also unsurprisingly. So I got a DSi. So far, the DSi has proved to be more durable. I could care less about the loss of the GBA slot. I've always prefered to play GBA games on my SP anyways.

• 5 weeks later...

It probably won't even use all that much power. In all likelyhood all it will be is games with the 3d graphic(the strange blurred lines that turn 3d with the glasses) while the make the screen is made up of a bunch of tiny blue and red color pigments meshed together.

Exactly. If you don't get it, don't expect to be playing any new DS games.

And thus my worst fears of reading this topic have come true... and it pisses the hell outta me! I've still got plenty of games to enjoy on the old DS and now they're pulling this?

...Though in all honesty, maybe I'm just ill-informed but... is it really time for a new console? Someone please gimme an accurate number on just how many years the DS LITE or DSigh for that matter has been out. :/

Edited by WyvernSageLord

And thus my worst fears of reading this topic have come true... and it pisses the hell outta me! I've still got plenty of games to enjoy on the old DS and now they're pulling this?

...Though in all honesty, maybe I'm just ill-informed but... is it really time for a new console? Someone please gimme an accurate number on just how many years the DS LITE or DSigh for that matter has been out. :/

If your worst fears are no backwards compatibility then you misunderstood what he was saying, I believe. The 3DS is backwards compatible with DS and DSi games so any that come out after the 3DS hits the market will be playable by you. I believe he was saying that you won't be able to play 3DS games on the other DSes because its a completely new system.

Why the DSLite or DSi? In any case:

The DS was released November 21, 2004(USA)

The DSLite was released March 2, 2006(Japan)

The DSi was released November 1, 2008(Japan)

The DSi XL was released November 21, 2009(Japan)

Those are the dates when the systems first became available. This November will mark the sixth year that the DS has been on the market. This is perfect timing for a new system.

I was simply speaking out of paranoia that there'd be games exclusively for the 3DS like there were downloadable games for the DSi... you get what I mean by this right?

But knowing that it's simply time for a new console... yeah. I think I stand corrected here.

Oh hey I bet this isn't a brand new handheld at all and without reading anything am going to assume it's just another update >8[ GRR NINTENDO