Quotes that make you feel sad ;_;

Anouleth

the fact that hector gets killed off so early in FE6 when he's like an ultra-ax-badass in FE7

Well, he did go and hide Armads for some-odd reason. Maybe he went and hid all his other weapons, too? Plus he's old.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remember exactly what was said, but WHEN I REALISED JAFFAR WAS GONNA BE ON MY SIDE. I wanted to rip that guy's spine through his throat before I realised I wasn't gonna be able to kill him directly! DAMMIT.

Nino's ending, unpaired.

Well, he did go and hide Armads for some-odd reason. Maybe he went and hid all his other weapons, too? Plus he's old.

no weapons and being the leader of the Lycia alliance army? putting up a good fight against Bern before being defeated? doesn't sound like he had no weapons. He hid Armads because it was too powerful, being one of the 8 dragonslaying weapons. also, Armads predicted its wielder would not die in a comfortable bed, but on the battlefield. I remember Hector saying he felt the power of Armads still in his body after sealing it away.

It was a shame indeed, if not for the dragons Hector could never have been defeated!

the fact that hector gets killed off so early in FE6 when he's like an ultra-ax-badass in FE7

The RNG Goddess hates him in FE6 unless all the Wyvern Knights have actually good sword ranks and went Killing Edge on him. Or they mass-produced Axereavers.

Theoretically, if we go by Hector's stats, WTA, and normal, good, silver lances, he should just stand there with his badass 30 DEF, take no damage, and WTFPWNing the entire brigade with Wolf Beil x 3. HE SOLO'D ENTIRE MAPS IN FE7.

Seeing that I played FE7 before I played FE6, I was very shocked that he died. ;_____;

(WHY HECTOR WHHHY)

The RNG Goddess hates him in FE6 unless all the Wyvern Knights have actually good sword ranks and went Killing Edge on him. Or they mass-produced Axereavers.

Theoretically, if we go by Hector's stats, WTA, and normal, good, silver lances, he should just stand there with his badass 30 DEF, take no damage, and WTFPWNing the entire brigade with Wolf Beil x 3. HE SOLO'D ENTIRE MAPS IN FE7.

Seeing that I played FE7 before I played FE6, I was very shocked that he died. ;_____;

(WHY HECTOR WHHHY)

if I remember correctly, Bern had dragons. he might have been able to solo the dragon in FE7, but I don't think he can take more then 2 at once...

EDIT: and remember, he didn't have Armads in FE6. And he didn't know Bern had dragons...

EDIT2: and as for quotes that make me feel sad:

Fa:

"When... When Fa gets big, will Fa become a bad Dragon, too?"

Edited by whase

Priscilla + Sain's entire A support.

EDIT:

The generic soldier that speaks to Amelia after Gheb puts her on the front lines. First that the lines of being a faceless grunt and second that I know he'll die before the end of the map.

What exactly is the conversation they have?

Edited by Chococoke

EDIT: and remember, he didn't have Armads in FE6. And he didn't know Bern had dragons...

I never said he had Armads, I was more or less just saying that he should be able to take out the Wyvern Knights with Wolf Beil.

I don't remember if the dragons were used against him, though. I generally skip cutscenes after the first playthrough so my memory could be way off.

Edit: As for sad moments, Eliwood's reaction after killing Ninian really got me. And end of FE4 Part 1.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Edit: As for sad moments, Eliwood's reaction after killing Ninian really got me.

QFE. I think this was already posted, and I think I already said this, but fucking damn I sat my ass down and finished the rest of the game in that session just to kill fucking Nergal rrrrrrrrrrgh.

:(

EDIT: The only saving grace of that whole scene was Nils's reaction in the CGs. That gets me every time. I can just see the Big NOOOOOOOO.

Edited by Integrity

Priscilla + Sain's entire A support.

EDIT:

What exactly is the conversation they have?

It's long.

Soldier 1:

Attack! We're under attack! ...Looks to be Frelian troops. Their commander is... Prince Ephraim of Renais!

Soldier 2:

Renais? This whole thing stinks. My younger sister and her husband were living in Renais... What is the emperor thinking, starting this war? I think--

Gheb:

...Hey.

Soldier 2:

Ah!

Gheb:

Yeah, I heard you. Talking about not fighting, are you? Losing your nerve? The punishment for treason is harsh. You'll burn at the stake.

Soldier 2:

B-but-- It's not just me! Even General Duessel is opposed to this war!

Gheb:

Duessel? You'd side with that washed-up coward? And who is your commanding officer? Is it Duessel? Come on, out with it!

Soldier 2:

Y-you are, Sir Gheb.

Gheb:

That's right. So that should make it clear whose orders you follow, eh? You got that, dolts? If you do, then shut up and get in formation. No one cares whether you minnows live or die anyway. Got it?

Amelia:

W-wait a moment! That's a horrible thing to say!

Gheb:

And who are you supposed to be? Your name! Out with it!

Amelia:

I-I'm Amelia... I was assigned to this fort today! I am a soldier of Grado. I am not a slave!

Gheb:

What's this now? You're a girl? You've got a lot of nerve talking like that to your commander, recruit. Looks like I'm going to have to teach you about the chain of command.

Amelia:

Ah...

Soldier:

Commander Gheb! Enemy troops approaching!

Gheb:

Grrr! Stinking interruptions... Form up, you useless worms. Don't let those dogs near the throne. Grado cannot afford to lose a brilliant tactician of my stature! No one will blink if any of you worthless toads dies. But if I die-- You should be happy to fight, kill, and die in my service!

(Soldier 2 and Amelia walk away a bit)

Amelia:

I became a soldier to honor the emperor, General Duessel, and the people of Grado. But this...this is wrong!

Soldier 2:

That's the lot of a soldier. We're pawns in the games of kings and emperors. We fight as ordered, and we die as ordered. That's it. C'mon, time to go.

SOLDIER 2. :(

EDIT: Soldier 2 is a true tragic character. He should have joined our side along with Amelia, or at least stayed alive long enough to join Cormag in attacking us and defect then. Soldier 2 could also have gone out heroically, breaking Tana's door down and giving her a Killer Lance so she isn't unarmed at least when you pick her up. But, would that have befit the character? Soldier 2, it seems, for all his faults, is truly a loyal, dutiful man. I doubt he would disobey an order unless he found a moral dilemma within; and thus I postulate that Soldier 2 had the death best befitting his profession and his character.

May his soul find rest in Heaven.

Edited by Integrity

Too bad Soldier 2 is likely just another soldier with ~2 AS that you laugh at with basically anyone.

Also, thanks Furetchen.

I thought all GBA-era soldiers literally had 0 AS?

I thought all GBA-era soldiers literally had 0 AS?

FE7-8 yes, FE6 ones can go up to 4 speed but generally weigh themselves down back to zero, but you can find the odd Iron Lance soldier with 1 or 2 AS. And even FE7-8 Soldiers have 1 or 2 AS, they just weigh themselves down.

FE6 soldiers are actually moderately threatening, they can go up to like 13STR. That with an Iron Lance will 3HKO Marcus, for example.

Edited by Anouleth

FE7-8 yes, FE6 ones can go up to 4 speed but generally weigh themselves down back to zero, but you can find the odd Iron Lance soldier with 1 or 2 AS. And even FE7-8 Soldiers have 1 or 2 AS, they just weigh themselves down.

FE6 soldiers are actually moderately threatening, they can go up to like 13STR. That with an Iron Lance will 3HKO Marcus, for example.

And actually most of them have 1 or 2 AS. Iron lance soldiers have -2 AS from their speed but generally have 3 or 4 spd with the rare one having 2. javelin and steel lance soldiers, though, have a hefty -5 or -7 to their AS and I'm not sure any soldiers have 6+ spd even in fe6.

And yeah, they 2HKO a fair number of units and 3HKO the rest (except sometimes Marcus). They are reasonably dangerous.

But he didn't. That's the point.

Anyway, Soldier Two would be like Nino, only coming as a Trainee and with Karel's growths. So not much like Nino. He'd have a Prf Axereaver with 200 hit, and he- *continues in this vein for a couple hours* and he'd be the BESTEST WARRIOR EVER!

He probably could've killed her right there if he had wanted to.

to bad soldiers don't have any promotion classes, Amelia would outclass him soon~

thank you, PoR and RD, for bringing me promotable, playable soldiers :)