Glitch thread

Ansem

ok.

So, Legend of Dragoon, right. There's a boss towards I think it's the end of the 2nd disk where, if you use any of your Dragoon forms, the game will refuse to load the cinematic right after. I was so convinced it was a faulty disk I even ordered a new game (mine is a store-bought release version, before it was a Greatest Hit, so it's about 10 years old) and then I find out it's just a quirk in the fight and you have to do it the slower, harder way. :(

Also, yes, I haven't beaten that game still after 10+ years of owning it.

The Missingno glitch.

If i remeber correctly you have to battle the youngster and then fly to Viridian

Then press start infront of the old man.

Then you walk up the lane in Cerulean

And then you got your Missingno

I heard that you can get a mew from that glitch

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Also, I frickin discovered the Mine glitch in FE8 (I call it that because it does the same thing as FE7's Mine Glitch, but it happens under different circumstances), but GFAQs didn't take my damn Cheat section for it... Bastards.

The mine glitch. It's fun making the enemies kill themselves in the arena

I always make them sell their weapons, first. Then I at least get cash out of it.

The Missingno glitch.

If i remeber correctly you have to battle the youngster and then fly to Viridian

Then press start infront of the old man.

Then you walk up the lane in Cerulean

And then you got your Missingno

I heard that you can get a mew from that glitch

Different than I remember. I just remember flying away when you talked to the old guy and surfing up and down the coast of Cinnabar Island. Maybe the one you posted is how you get Mew.

theres a glitch I found in Zelda TP: if you have the bridge in the water temple in a certain position and swim against the wall underneath it you can sometimes flick up into the air and start swimming in midair (essentially flying) you can't go in doors and it only ends when you go back into the water.

this should really be in other games.

I always make them sell their weapons, first. Then I at least get cash out of it.

If they sell their weapons, they can't visit the arena. Well, unless you use a second mine, but that would be dumb.

Different than I remember. I just remember flying away when you talked to the old guy and surfing up and down the coast of Cinnabar Island. Maybe the one you posted is how you get Mew.

Its the same except i forgot to put that you have to fly away

From what i heard its the Pokemons hex that make it appear

You can get any pokemon this way

ok.

So, Legend of Dragoon, right. There's a boss towards I think it's the end of the 2nd disk where, if you use any of your Dragoon forms, the game will refuse to load the cinematic right after. I was so convinced it was a faulty disk I even ordered a new game (mine is a store-bought release version, before it was a Greatest Hit, so it's about 10 years old) and then I find out it's just a quirk in the fight and you have to do it the slower, harder way. :(

Also, yes, I haven't beaten that game still after 10+ years of owning it.

Which boss is this?

Does it stop the game or just skip the cinematic and go on to the next things?

Another great one is the select glitch in Link's Awakening. This one is "sentimental" to me because I found it myself. If playing the original gameboy game (does not work on gameboy color) you press select right as you move from one screen to another. This causes the screen to change, but link's position will not. In other words, if you press select while moving one square right, you will end up at the right edge of the screen rather than the left edge of the screen.

This allows for ridiculous abuse.

You can also mess up skins in dungeons. For instance, I don't know how exactly it works but it seems like all the "dungeon" screens are connected on the "off world map". I've gone from a mountain cave to the 7th dungeon (tower) but had the dungeon skin switched to match the cave skin.

Finally, things on the screen with you will move with you. Though it won't have any permanent change it's nice to move the walrus into the sea (I think this is possible if you select glitch the walrus one screen left?).

EDIT-For the record, I did not find the superspeed glitch to the final boss on my own. I did do speedruns with the select glitch but never this ambitious, cuz I never knew you could glitch into the final boss in this way.

Edited by SeverIan

Which boss is this?

Does it stop the game or just skip the cinematic and go on to the next things?

Screen goes black to load the next cinematic and NEVER RECOVERS (dun dun duuuuun).

[spoiler=do I even need to spoiler this?]

The boss fight was with that chick who was a freakin' bitch and then Lloyd gets pissed or something.

Lenus was her name, according to GameFAQs. I think the glitch only happens on PS2/3s, but I couldn't find my old PS1 to verify.

While not a universal glitch, our FF3 Cartridge (SNES) had a glitch where if Relm painted a Zone Eater... The game would screw up. 99 of all the best items in the game (Atma weapons, cursed shields, red shurikens, etc)

Keeping Alucard Equipment in the beginning of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Succubus Soul glitch in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

More to come if I remember.

Edit: Keeping Alucard EQ is a sit sounds, you get to keep it via skipping the cutscene by force where you lose it all. Normally, you'd walk in, Death talks to you, then steals your EQ. If you play on super Luck mode (all stats 0 except Luck is 99, and HP is 25), you need to gain one level and make sure you have enough DEF to take a hit, and live. Have a Warg bite you in the room before hand, sending Alucard flying very very VERY fast across the screens, shooting past the cutscene.

Succubus Glitch is... weird. Basically, you have the Succubus Soul (Bullet type, so ^ + Attack = special move) and you have a dagger that can pull off the backstab special attack. You activate the SS, which is a small animation of Soma lunging forward maybe have a character sprite, and biting whatever's in front of him. He gets a special red aura around him, making him invincible for a set period of time. When he's in mid lunge, you use the dagger's SA, which prolong's the effect. OK, so you stab 2 or three times to prolong the effect (it wears off quickly), then do the SA again, and viola, when the red aura disappears, all actions you are doing stop. So, you did the teleporting backstab, right? Bam, you can travel through normally impassable walls and stuff. Now for teh glitch to REALLY get weird. When you do the backstab attack, you can lodge yourself in a wall, sending Soma flying forever and ever upwards for a long time. When/if he stops, you move left or right or something, and then you appear in a random room (hopefully. Otherwise, you just wasted 15-20 minutes), and you have suddenly collected skills and abilities and weapons and items you should never ave at this point (Or ever! You can get skills that belong to the other character modes this way, including Alucard's bat transformation that doesn't go away with a NG+!)

Edited by SlaveBlade

Screen goes black to load the next cinematic and NEVER RECOVERS (dun dun duuuuun).

[spoiler=do I even need to spoiler this?]

The boss fight was with that chick who was a freakin' bitch and then Lloyd gets pissed or something.

Lenus was her name, according to GameFAQs. I think the glitch only happens on PS2/3s, but I couldn't find my old PS1 to verify.

Ah, that'd be Lenus. I guess because I played it on PS1 I never saw this glitch. (definitely used dragoon form against her)

The cloning glitch in the original Gold and Silver games. Sometimes I used it to start off with all 3 starters.

I discovered one day when I was young and naive that that one can go horribly, horribly wrong. It works because if you turn it off at the right moment, both the box and your party have a record of the Pokemon... well, if you turn it off at exactly the wrong moment, it would seem that neither the box nor will have the record of the Pokemon... that was my lv.80 Suicune, too...