FE4 Noob

Life

It would help guys like Alec, Beo, and Noish ORKO, and it would really help Celice (at least until he gets his own), and you get it at the end of Chapter 8.

Would I start over for it? Probably not. Just saying.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i see

@Admiral: How far did you get?

About 2 turns in. I got sidetracked (forgot to watch LOST on Tuesday and Survivor tonight) and I've got it on pause.

I'm off and on with this game. It's great, I'll give it that. The problem is that I can't play it constantly for more than 15 turns at a time without getting sidetracked a bit. It's not like FE7 where I'm usually finishing a chapter by the time 15 turns rolls around. It just gets slightly boring after a while due to the massive amount of units I have to move on the field (anything less and I basically get my ass kicked).

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

About 2 turns in. I got sidetracked (forgot to watch LOST on Tuesday and Survivor tonight) and I've got it on pause.

I'm off and on with this game. It's great, I'll give it that. The problem is that I can't play it constantly for more than 15 turns at a time without getting sidetracked a bit. It's not like FE7 where I'm usually finishing a chapter by the time 15 turns rolls around. It just gets slightly boring after a while due to the massive amount of units I have to move on the field (anything less and I basically get my ass kicked).

Use less then. I usually play with just Sigurd, Cuan until he leaves, Lex, Fin, Levin and Fury.

IIRC, this game's easier than FE7 or did I forget how shitty FE7 enemies are again?

Edited by Speedwagon

IIRC, this game's easier than FE7 or did I forget how shitty FE7 enemies are again?

Well, the AI here is fucking retarded while FE7 just has terrible enemies for the most part.

Diadora can be hit 79% of the time from a ballista and gets two rounded while in the range of four of them? No problem as they'd rather aim for Sylvia who gets hit 14% of the time. If that's not retarded, what is?

There's a "Hard AI" setting you can select after you've beaten the game once (yeah). I can't tell exactly what it's doing but it seems more like the GBA FE AI after you turn it on. I think the computer will always pick whoever has a combination of WTD, low HP and low defense to attack, so I can know (for example) that Aira will always try to attack Alec when I'm trying to recruit her instead of randomly suiciding on Cuan or something. But then once a bunch of Axe knights from the end of Chapter 2 inexplicably suicided on Lex's hero axe for no reason when Cuan (with lower defense) was standing right next to him so...

Edit - If I missed the hero sword I'd just edit it in, there's an "FE4 codes" thread on Serenes somewhere.

Edited by chrysalid

OK, so here's where I'm at. My pairings (solidified) are:

AyraxLex (made)

FuryxLevin

LachesisxBeowulf

AideenxMidir (made)

BriggidxHolyn

TiltyuxAzel

SilviaxClaude

Now what items should I pass down?

I'll try to suggest various style and reason.

Holyn => Patty

Pursuit Ring, Hero Sword, Return Ring + Power Ring + Shield Ring to quickly return home and wipe out Arena

Fury => Fee

Hero Lance, Power Ring, Life Ring, (Shield Ring)

Sylvia => Leen

Leg Ring, Knight Ring

Sety oops I means Azel => Arthur

Leg ring because it's so annyoing that Arthur has only 5 movement while others have 6+ , (Shield Ring - help in arena)

Elite ring, because when he promote you can return the Leg ring to Leen, who deserve it most.

and he appears as early as Celice.

(Oh maybe I'm too favouritism with Arthur, because my last playthrough it's LolSety!Arthur , not Azel!Arthur)

Edited by Nice - SE7ENize.com

There's a "Hard AI" setting you can select after you've beaten the game once (yeah). I can't tell exactly what it's doing but it seems more like the GBA FE AI after you turn it on. I think the computer will always pick whoever has a combination of WTD, low HP and low defense to attack, so I can know (for example) that Aira will always try to attack Alec when I'm trying to recruit her instead of randomly suiciding on Cuan or something. But then once a bunch of Axe knights from the end of Chapter 2 inexplicably suicided on Lex's hero axe for no reason when Cuan (with lower defense) was standing right next to him so...

Edit - If I missed the hero sword I'd just edit it in, there's an "FE4 codes" thread on Serenes somewhere.

After you kill Pamela, her army's remaining soldiers all attack Brigid with Javelins....at range.

I'll try to suggest various style and reason.

Holyn => Patty

Pursuit Ring, Hero Sword, Return Ring + Power Ring + Shield Ring to quickly return home and wipe out Arena

Fury => Fee

Hero Lance, Power Ring, Life Ring, (Shield Ring)

Sylvia => Leen

Leg Ring, Knight Ring

Sety => Arthur

Leg ring because it's so annyoing that Arthur has only 5 movement while others have 6+ , (Shield Ring - help in arena)

Elite ring, because when he promote you can return the Leg ring to Leen, who deserve it most.

and he appears as early as Celice.

(Oh maybe I'm too favouritism with Arthur, because my last playthrough it's LolSety!Arthur , not Azel!Arthur)

I'd say that Celice makes better use of the Leg Ring than Arthur and Lynn, at least until he promotes (Fuck you, Chapter 7).

I dont get why people are

1: Putting thier dancers in the front line

2: Giving a leg ring to a lord that id going to promote to a mounted class

Sety should get always get it

If you dont know why check my other posts

Edited by Kai

So they can dance more often. As long as they aren't OHKO'd, the are fine (Pretty much nothing can double them). Also, Laylea has Charisma, which is very useful later on.

Chapter 7.

Celice with the Leg Ring can get to Yied earlier. It also helps in Chapter 6 if you went to Sophara instead of Isaac.

Sety getting it means no Leg Ring for Chapters 6, 7 and most of 8. Also, Sety doesn't need the Leg Ring at all in Chapter 8 (The Dragon Knights come to you.) Then, in chapter 9, Sety kills the Arena and buys the Leg Ring from Celice.

Sety has no need to inherit the Leg Ring.

Edited by Krad

I dont get why people are

If you dont know why check my other posts

It doesn't matter it they're on the front line if all the enemies are dead or you walled off the enemies sufficiently such that they can't hurt the Dancer.

Edited by Al Davis?

It doesn't matter it they're on the front line if all the enemies are dead or you walled off the enemies sufficiently such that they can't hurt the Dancer.

Fenrir says otherwise

Yeah but i forgot about the joining time again

I'd say that Celice makes better use of the Leg Ring than Arthur and Lynn, at least until he promotes (Fuck you, Chapter 7).

Chapter 7.

Celice with the Leg Ring can get to Yied earlier. It also helps in Chapter 6 if you went to Sophara instead of Isaac.

I'll try to give Leg+Elite rings to Celice in the next playthrough. It's so annoying to wait him slowly walk to conquer the empty castle :P

btw, Does any one try these in Chapter6 ? Can the game progress to the next chapter if I do these things?

(FYI, I always choose Johan the Axe Knight)

1. What happens if I just kill the boss of Johanva's castle but don't let Celice conquer it. Will this affect my Tactics rank? as the guide says "Your rank drops by 1 for each player-controlled castle that is destroyed."

(my favourite playstyle is in fast-paced so I don't like to wait Celice walks back-and-forth :( )

2. I recruit Johan then kill the enemies before they can conquer the South Castle and make it red.

it seems the game let me progress normally? I'm not quite sure. I reset because I can't get Rezire this way :(

(If anyone wonder how can I do this, I use Fee to block the castle gate and she must be lucky and strong enough to survive untill the rest comes :P )

Edited by Nice - SE7ENize.com