BriggidxDew so Faval and Patty have speed

Notice the pairings are predetemined by the class of the offspring

Edited by Kai

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend the following:

Ayra/Lex - Astra >>> Luna,and elite + Neir makes the kids so tanky that Sol is redundant,also easy to make.Ayra should hold extra high level swords so Skasaher can buy one from Lakche

Fury/Sety - Reliable Holsety,easy to make,nuff said(give Fury Fin's hero lance before he leaves)

Tailto/Azel - Fala blood ups mag,and pursuit

Briggid/Holyn - Skill for Faval,Swords/Luna for Patty.

Lachesis/Beowulf or Fin - Beowulf is easier to make and gives Delmud sword inheritance,but Fin gives Prayer and a sexy speed chat for Nanna.

Aideen/Midir - Pursuit and bow inheritance for Lester,not much change for Rana

Sylvia/Claude - Leen can get leg and knight rings this way,which gives her an edge over Laylea,and Corpul gets Valkyrie.Alternatively,unpaired works.

For Ayra's kids, Noish is a better father than Holyn since Critical CAN activate while they're attacking with Astra while Moonlight cannot. The overkill SKL growth is hardly worth mentioning. Lex is still better as they welcome DEF and they're already strong offensively with their skills anyway (plus growing faster helps with that).

Edited by Speedwagon

Either way, this game isn't fair.

Sandima fucking OHKO'd Dew IN A FOREST. I thought thieves were supposed to dodge shit.

Dew doesn't know the meaning of durability. (lol 1 DEF)

Just Silence Sandima with Diadora. There is only one more boss that can be silenced, you have 3 Silence uses, and using Silence on Sandima is probably the only thing Diadora will ever do.

Just Silence Sandima with Diadora. There is only one more boss that can be silenced, you have 3 Silence uses, and using Silence on Sandima is probably the only thing Diadora will ever do.

I did. But is Diadora really that useless?

I did. But is Diadora really that useless?

Yes. It's not her stats. It's her weapon. Aura has a lol20 weight, and it's the only weapon she can use. She can't dodge anything, ever, and it's coupled with low durability. Of the top of my head, it's the heaviest non-broken weapon in the game (Broken Weapons weigh 30). The only good thing that can be said about Aura is that it's pretty strong and has 2 range, so you can weaken for others, which can be good in FE4, because enemies come at you in big groups, and even your good characters can't kill everything; ORKOing is unreliable in this game. I liked that about FE4, it made them seem like squadrons of an army sent out to beat you.

Of course, Diadora leaves your army in Chapter 3... Speaking of that, in Chapter 3, sell all her stuff. Her daughter doesn't get inheritance.

EDIT: Holyn makes Faval godly too. Jamka has shit for skill, and that's Faval's biggest problem. Skill is basically the only requirement for a good father for Faval. His class has innate Pursuit, and Ichival comes from Brigid.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Either way, this game isn't fair.

You havent played Thracia yet.

You have to play it for your self to see what i mean.......

Note: Give who ever you decide to pair Briggid with a return ring

Pattys going to need it

Edited by Kai

You havent played Thracia yet.

You have to play it for your self to see what i mean.......

I got to chapter 5 and then put it down. There's like no weapons at that part of the game, especially when you've just done 4x.

I got to chapter 5 and then put it down. There's like no weapons at that part of the game, especially when you've just done 4x.

There's plenty of weapon usage in chapter 5. Unless you reinforcement abused chapter 4-4x.

EDIT: Holyn makes Faval godly too. Jamka has shit for skill, and that's Faval's biggest problem. Skill is basically the only requirement for a good father for Faval. His class has innate Pursuit, and Ichival comes from Brigid.

Getting extra battle rounds with a weapon with a weapon with essentially 40 might more than makes up for it. Besides, most enemies have crap for evade.

Edited by Al Davis?

Getting extra battle rounds with a weapon with a weapon with essentially 40 might more than makes up for it. Besides, most enemies have crap for evade.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you were trying to say here. That Faval gets Continue? Why does he need a third shot with a 40 might bow in the first place? Besides, Chapter 8 is mostly all Wyverns, which he can take with his Silver Bow, forget Ichival or Continue, except for Ishtar. And guess why Faval can't beat Ishtar effectively? Because he can't hit her! If my Holyn!Faval had hit rates in the 60s at the most (can't really remember) against her, Jamka!Faval's hitting her less. Continue doesn't help this much. Chapter 9 is also mostly Wyverns, except for that Dark Mage castle he has no reason being near, and Hannibal's guys. Then Chapter 10 has no wyverns, but he still doesn't need Continue, especially now that he's beaten the Arenas in 8, 9 and 10, along with whatever kills he picked up in the actual chapter. Just those three arenas get him to level 17, actually. And the higher level he gets, the more Jamka!Faval falls behind in hit, because Holyn gives 70% more Skill. That's massive. The only stats he beats Holyn!Faval in are Strength, which Faval hardly needs, and a small lead in Luck. I guess that gives him slightly higher dodge, for whatever that's worth, considering he's an Archer who shouldn't be attacked very often.

Yay for Continue?

EDIT: Also, no Lex? Anywhere? He's your best father, discounting Levin for a mage kid. He gives great defences and Elite, even if he can't pass any weapons down.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Yeah its funny how the most worthless character in FE5 is amongst one of the best in FE4

She's far from worthless. At the very least she has a great performance in chapters 1-3. Although if you want to use her as a weakener seeing as she'll 1RKO most enemies even with an Iron Sword, just have her rescue Ronan if you're not going to use Ronan, she'll still be very durable even with Ronan weighing her down.

Edit: Well, the downside to having her rescue Ronan so she doesn't steal kills/waste xp is that her movement gets nerfed if I remember.

Edited by Joey

Sorry, I'm not sure what you were trying to say here. That Faval gets Continue? Why does he need a third shot with a 40 might bow in the first place? Besides, Chapter 8 is mostly all Wyverns, which he can take with his Silver Bow, forget Ichival or Continue, except for Ishtar. And guess why Faval can't beat Ishtar effectively? Because he can't hit her! If my Holyn!Faval had hit rates in the 60s at the most (can't really remember) against her, Jamka!Faval's hitting her less. Continue doesn't help this much. Chapter 9 is also mostly Wyverns, except for that Dark Mage castle he has no reason being near, and Hannibal's guys. Then Chapter 10 has no wyverns, but he still doesn't need Continue, especially now that he's beaten the Arenas in 8, 9 and 10, along with whatever kills he picked up in the actual chapter. Just those three arenas get him to level 17, actually. And the higher level he gets, the more Jamka!Faval falls behind in hit, because Holyn gives 70% more Skill. That's massive. The only stats he beats Holyn!Faval in are Strength, which Faval hardly needs, and a small lead in Luck. I guess that gives him slightly higher dodge, for whatever that's worth, considering he's an Archer who shouldn't be attacked very often.

Yay for Continue?

EDIT: Also, no Lex? Anywhere? He's your best father, discounting Levin for a mage kid. He gives great defences and Elite, even if he can't pass any weapons down.

As he said, most enemies have crap evade. In most instances, activation of either Continue or Charge would help more than Holyn's skill since the enemy would be more guaranteed to die. I'd say the only time Holyn!Faval is better than Jamka!Faval would probably be against Alvis and the Falco Knight trio in the final chapter. If hit's ever that much of an issue, there's also the option of killer bow and the SKL ring nobody really gives a crap about.. More attacks > additional accuracy for the most part.

Edited by Speedwagon

He doesn't need Continue if he hits both times though, which he will do against any non-boss unit with Holyn as his dad. Continue is pointless overkill damage-wise. He'd rather be able to hit stuff. Do you know, with both parents at 30, Jamka!Faval at base fails to clear 100 hit with Ichival (no leadership/charisma/lover bonus)? Before even accounting for enemy dodge? That means he can miss. His Continue rate is 31%. He has something like a 1% chance to miss and not proc Continue, and therefore not kill. Holyn!Faval has a 0% chance to miss, and therefore not kill.

Doing less damage, but enough to kill, and never missing > Overkill damage, and missing every now and then.

Besides, even if Patty is never downright amazing no matter who her father is, Holyn!Patty curbstomps Jamka!Patty rather badly, and even if he doesn't use Patty, you can't just ignore that.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Yay for Continue?

Jamka also passes down Charge. Since it sure sounds like you totally forgot about that, I have to suspect that it's probable you did forget about it.

Faval's likely base skill with Jamka is 14. Faval's likely base skill with Holyn as the father is 21. After accounting for double Charisma+Leadership+Skill Ring, it's 92 hit vs 78 hit or if she is on the road terrain, 100 vs 88 hit. A easy win for Holyn. Even so, all you've shown is that Jamka|Faval is worse in two isolated instances against a freaking boss character, and in the second encounter against her, he's just as likely to get toasted regardless of who the hell is his dad becuase either Julius will provide wtf 5-star leadership or he gets popped by Thorhammer+Continue, which will occur 50% of the time.

I've used the pairing myself the majority of times I tried to rank the game, Holyn|Faval is pretty bland compared other Favals. 12-14 hit and a little less HP for a huge boost to offense and a second wind against enemies is damn worth it IF you don't give a damn about Patty and All-A ranking is not your primary priority for the playthrough. And if I really want Faval to be a stat beast and promote quickly, then I'd use Dew so I can burn the Ichival all day long and gain even quicker access to the Elite Ring.

Lex's Elite is ZOMG when doing ranked runs. They swordfighters want to level up as quickly as possible so they don't get left in the dust during the later chapters or when units behind the curve(i.e Tinny) and your mounts are doing all the killing, why is why I do the pairing all the time when I'm trying to All-A rank the game. But if All-A ranking is not my main concern? Well, I think I'd rather watch them go utterly dominate the enemies.

Lex|Aira's children destroys the early portions of the second gen, but they're worse off than Holyn|Aira or Noish|Aira once they have to face up against enemies that don't go boom in two shots. Why settle for just a 30% chance of Meteor Sword on Lakche when you can have a 30 % chance for Meteor Sword and 21% chance for Moonlight or with something of similar magnitude with Meteor Sword+Critical+Charge? The overkill units are more likely to contribute to an enjoyable game experience.

Edited by Al Davis?

It's not about ranked runs. It's about reliability for a first-time player, and Holyn!Faval is more reliable, because he has 100% hit, which is the only thing any Faval ever needs from his dad. Pursuit is a class skill he'll always get, and Ichival comes from Briggid. That's a 40 Mt plus Strength attack twice, which I'm pretty sure is enough to kill any non-boss unit.

I mentioned the two isolated instances because they're the only ones in those two chapters without Wyverns, who even the worst Faval can kill easily.

Faval doesn't need Continue. If it isn't activated on the first hit, it doesn't even do anything, because bam, the enemy is already dead. Same with Charge. They're useless.

It's the TC's choice in the end.

All your mounties are actually good in the second gen, provided they have good parents. The sword kids need either a Leg Ring or more exp to keep up, or it doesn't matter that Noish!Lakche has a better chance at killing, because she's badly underleveled and behind everything. These are all your good mounted units, with a p by them if they get a horse only after promo: Celice (p), Delmud, Lester, Fee, Arthur (p), Oifaye, Aless, Leaf (p), Nanna, Fin, and Altenna. Are you seriously telling me, even without ranks, with all these cool mounties, that you're going to play slowly to let the sword kids fight? When you could just blitz it and be finished quicker with just the mounties?

Also, remember that the swordkids have to use lolMagic swords for 2 range, and have to take counters often. Lex gives them better defence than Holyn or Noish do, plus Ambush, which most people forget about.

Lex is a good father for anyone, not just the swordkids. Delmud becomes hax, for example, with Lex as his dad, the Pursuit Ring, and a better sword. He's a mobile tank; easily your best one-range combat unit. Then Arthur and Tinny can try their hand at Ambush+Wrath+Elite for ownage with extra EXP. They'll need a Magic Ring later on though. Lex!Patty can try the Ambush+Sleep Sword gimmick in the Arena. Lex!Fury is supposedly pretty good as well. I wasn't questioning not using him for Aira, but not using him for anyone at all. You're wasting Elite.

Well, I've figured out a bunch of my pairings. But I'm undecided on the rest.

AyraxLex

AideenxMidir (they're already lovers midway through C2)

LachesisxBeowolf

FuryxLevin

That's all that I have in stone for right now. The others are up in the air.\

EDIT: It looks like I'm also going to do TiltyuxAzel so that Arthur and Tinny don't end screwed up. I'm missing Briggid and Sylvia though.

Oh and Lachesis killed Voltz which means... no spending of money for her to get the Elite Ring!

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

EDIT: It looks like I'm also going to do TiltyuxAzel so that Arthur and Tinny don't end screwed up. I'm missing Briggid and Sylvia though.

You can keep Sylvia single, unless you REALLY want the Valkyrie staff then pair her with Claude.

TiltyuxAzel is a pretty good pairing although TiltyuxLevin is better especially if you pass the Pursuit ring down to Arthur.

I'm missing Briggid and Sylvia though.

I'd say BrigidxHolyn because Faval can be great with any father, so help Patty.

For the first playthrough, I suggest SylviaxClaude because this way you don't have to play money game to trade expensive stuff like Leg Ring and Knight Ring to Laylea. (plus story-wise)

If you're going to go with JamkaxBriggid, use SylviaxClaude. Jamka!Patty sucks too badly to get any money to give to Laylea. Holyn!Patty, on the other hand, can get money, because she can use the Hero Sword and has Lunar Sword as a skill, which will make her an okay chip damage dealer. Then, kill Sylvia off in Chapter 5 if you pair her accidentally, to get Laylea. I always end up doing so.

TiltyuxAzel is okay, I suppose. Another option, although it's a very hard pairing and the kids are difficult to use, is Fin. Fin leaves at the end of the chapter that she joins in though, and she joins near the end in the other end of the map. The kids get Prayer, Wrath, and Pursuit. So basically, you get them down to a few points of health, which isn't hard, Prayer kicks in to boost dodge, so that they don't get hit, and then they double and critical. Prayer only lasts for one turn though, so you have to heal them and then get them back down again.

It's not about ranked runs. It's about reliability for a first-time player, and Holyn!Faval is more reliable, because he has 100% hit, which is the only thing any Faval ever needs from his dad. Pursuit is a class skill he'll always get, and Ichival comes from Briggid. That's a 40 Mt plus Strength attack twice, which I'm pretty sure is enough to kill any non-boss unit.

I mentioned the two isolated instances because they're the only ones in those two chapters without Wyverns, who even the worst Faval can kill easily.

Faval doesn't need Continue. If it isn't activated on the first hit, it doesn't even do anything, because bam, the enemy is already dead. Same with Charge. They're useless.

It's the TC's choice in the end.

Yes, you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. Never mind that there's no way Faval is not traveling with the main team and the generic hit boosting units for his entire period of existence and if he isn't doing so and it's not because Lachesis' chilren died off somehow, then he's facing a bunch of Dragon Riders/Dragon Knights and their crap negative avoid, Dozel's Great Knights, or his uncle(who can kill him head-to-head regardless of parentage). Considering that most enemies have 12 weight weapons or worse and not enough speed to compensate to break even or they just barely do so, I cannot consider a 12-16 hit gap such a major liability. Also, when facing those pests with a 20%-30% chance of Great Shield, having another round of combat is a breath of fresh air and there are more of those than there are Ishtars and their 70+ avoid.

Continue can save me a couple uses of the golden bow in the arena and if I desire to use him as such, give me a better boss killer. Hardly useless.

All your mounties are actually good in the second gen, provided they have good parents. The sword kids need either a Leg Ring or more exp to keep up, or it doesn't matter that Noish!Lakche has a better chance at killing, because she's badly underleveled and behind everything. These are all your good mounted units, with a p by them if they get a horse only after promo: Celice (p), Delmud, Lester, Fee, Arthur (p), Oifaye, Aless, Leaf (p), Nanna, Fin, and Altenna. Are you seriously telling me, even without ranks, with all these cool mounties, that you're going to play slowly to let the sword kids fight? When you could just blitz it and be finished quicker with just the mounties?

Also, remember that the swordkids have to use lolMagic swords for 2 range, and have to take counters often. Lex gives them better defence than Holyn or Noish do, plus Ambush, which most people forget about.

First, there are plenty of instances where the enemies comes towards you. Ishtor's army, Blume's army, all the Dragon Knight Armies except for the one Arion commands, the Grandbell Mage Knight with Tornado, blah blah.

Second, Most of the sorrel horses and foot soldiers-who-become-mounted units aren't THAT hax until they promote in Ch.9 or 10, and by then the Lex|Aira awesomeness begins to wear off as the enemies don't go boom unless they activate Meteor Sword or if they're equipped with the Hero Sword; they're gonna be straggling in the the early parts of Ch.10 regardless, but once Celice's army goes up against Alvis's army of Lv. 30 units, the field is evened out again.

For Celice, you can control whether you want him to outright kill the enemies or just weaken them. Not only that, he's promoting in Ch. 8 at the earliest, and he has a huge level lead at that point in the game, so you obviously don't want him killing everything once promoted. Delmud will do his fair share of damage, but he isn't an offensive or defensive juggernaut early on. Lester is also locked to Bows, Fee is off killing Mountain Theives that are destroying villages with valuable items, Arthur is struggling until promotion until around Ch. 9, Oifaye is relegated to the arena because he is an EXP hog. Aless is a beast; there's no debate about that. Leafy needs to be fed villagers and healthy dose of Elite Ring+arena luck to promote by the end of Ch. 8 or beginning of Ch. 9. Nanna, a fighter? Lolz. Not until Ch. 9 or 10. Fin also won't be used much or he just weakens them so the stragglers(cough...Aira's kids...cough) can mop them up. Altenna has her merits, but her first two major excursions are taking on a bunch of Dragon Riders and saving a Magic Ring from an attacked village.

Lex is a good father for anyone, not just the swordkids. Delmud becomes hax, for example, with Lex as his dad, the Pursuit Ring, and a better sword. He's a mobile tank; easily your best one-range combat unit. Then Arthur and Tinny can try their hand at Ambush+Wrath+Elite for ownage with extra EXP. They'll need a Magic Ring later on though. Lex!Patty can try the Ambush+Sleep Sword gimmick in the Arena. Lex!Fury is supposedly pretty good as well. I wasn't questioning not using him for Aira, but not using him for anyone at all. You're wasting Elite.

What can I say? I'm just not a firm believer in "Elite at all costs" if nothing is on the line except for completing the game in the playthrough. Losing out on Elite is not practically equivalent to losing out Pursuit most of the time IMO. Other folks may see it differently. And yes, Lex|Fury is very good for Fee but Sety becomes mediocre, but that always happens when he has a physical father, so whatever.

Edited by Al Davis?

the +2 is added to the +5. LachesisXFinn is only about the same as LachesisXBeowolf. They get more luck, prayer, and Nanna has a conversation with older Fin to gain +5 speed, but the pairing has no inheritance for Delmud. Beowolf's really easy to make, gives swords to Delmud, but it has charge instead of prayer and inheritance.

Naw. Finn can kill the boss that drops the Silver Blade, and then he can pass that down to Delmud.

Edited by General Spoon