Worst game you've ever played in your life?

Life

For an incredibly unfinished game, it still held its own I think.

Exactly...

But at the same time, an incredibly simple, bare-bones RPG game can be fun at times as well. I'll admit that I still have Q64 and do play it on occasion as well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst game I've every played is Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy for DS by far. I played through once with only a few glitches (besides the fact that I couldn't unlock a few characters, and then my sister erased my file and I had to start over again. All I wanted to do was to beat the game again! But I didn't even make it halfway before I got stuck. I'm pretty sure I could program a game with less glitches myself. Entire backgrounds went black, I couldn't unlock any characters and when I did, I unlocked the wrong characters, doors wouldn't open, events wouldn't activate, and I kept getting stuck falling down the same pits over and over again until I shut the game off. Also, the computer allies jumped into the same hole over and over again on multiple levels.

And on top of it all, the game sucked even when it wasn't glitching.

Sonic and the Secret Rings. It's storyline is just laughable, Shara (or whatever her name is) is utterly useless, the gameplay is awful. Ugh.

I actually really liked Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3. You've got your good Sonic gameplay, and then Silver (who's gameplay I really like), and Shadow who gets to do some fun stuff. Although, IMO, Silver would've worked better as his own game (doesn't mesh well w/ Sonic) and Shadow should've gone back to his Sonic Adventure 2 self, but...

But Star Fox Adventure was unforgiveable. I saw the 14+ rating on the cover and I expected a serious game. But you spend your game going through this world of friendly talking dinosaurs which reminded me of the eponymous show on ABC from the early 90s. Adding insult to injury was that it made so little sense. The Star Fox team is supposed to be bounty hunters! Mercenaries! Hired Guns! Soldiers of Fortune! Kill them all and let God sort them out! None of this juvenile kiddy crap!

Yeah, I hate it when there are civilized areas in my games too. And diplomacy is soooo kindergarten.

To add to the topic, the worst game I've played was some Rugrats board game on the N64. Well, not so much as bad, it was just really really boring.

Yeah, I hate it when there are civilized areas in my games too. And diplomacy is soooo kindergarten.

Your profile indicates that you were born in 1990, which would make you slightly younger than the target age group for a T-rated game at the time of Star Fox Adventure's release. And yet, 12 years old is the perfect age for cartoony talking dinosaurs disguised as a serious game.

I still go back and play from time to time. Also, I hope you don't play Mario anymore.

First off, how dare you compare one of the most beloved franchises in videogaming to an abortion of a game that the designers knew would be too mediocre to sell well unless they redesigned it by including Fox McCloud.

Secondly, you bring up an interesting issue, which is how a child-targeted video game can have wider appeal. Mario is pretty basic stuff as far as gaming goes these days. However, they still manage to throw a bone to the mature gamer. Even Sunshine, with its squeaky clean feel, had some pretty tricky areas (the ones with the cool scat rendition of the classic Mario Theme). And Galaxy was very light-hearted, but the storybook scenes with Rosalina were downright poignant.

In making Star Fox Adventures, the designers must have been thinking that the best way to make the game a bit more mature was to include a sexy anthropomorphic fox in a bikini. Sorry, I like my women with 46 chromosomes, thankyouverymuch.

Thirdly, I actually don't play mario that much anymore. I sold my old consoles and what little video game time I have these days I spend on the game this forum is supposed to be dedicated to.

I honestly don't see why people hate Super Mario Sunshine. Maybe people just like to hate things that don't meet up to their GOD like standards. *sigh*

I honestly don't see why people hate Super Mario Sunshine. Maybe people just like to hate things that don't meet up to their GOD like standards. *sigh*

Let me be clear, I don't hate Super Mario Sunshine. At least, not the way I hate Quest 64 or Bill Laimbier's Combat Basketball. It was pretty forgettable, though. I almost didn't play Galaxy because of Sunshine.

Things I didn't like about it:

24 of the 120 Shine Sprites are from blue coins

Easy--Hover nozzle over everything

Yoshi can't swim and he needs to eat fruit or he'll evaporate

FLUDD's melodramatic line at the end "I hope...I was...of assistance..."

Things I did like about it:

The "side worlds" where you can't use FLUDD

The roller coaster level

Sunglasses

Bowser Jr.s line "Yeah, yeah, I know she's not my mom" <-- I lol'ed

I hate those Pianta's (especially those arseholes who chuck you around)....

I hate those Pianta's (especially those arseholes who chuck you around)....

The one sprite (I think it was the fourth one in Pianta Village) where you have the chucksters still haunts me to this day. And not in a good way either.

The one sprite (I think it was the fourth one in Pianta Village) where you have the chucksters still haunts me to this day. And not in a good way either.

Chuckster stage is not difficult, ze.

I liked a lot of things about Sunshine. My favorite being Rico Harbor.

Uhhghhjjlfgf...*shudder* That level can die. Thats the level that prevented me from beating that game. DAMN THAT LEVEL!

Chuckster stage is not difficult, ze.

Oh yes it is.

The Chuckster level wasn't that bad.

Getting to that stupid island with Yoshi and then trying to complete the poison water level you unlock is worse than that level.

The Chuckster level wasn't that bad.

Getting to that stupid island with Yoshi and then trying to complete the poison water level you unlock is worse than that level.

True. But that's not a required level to finish the game.

I actually enjoyed the Chuckster stage. They were pretty funny. You have to laugh when there's a big distance to go and you have two chucksters to choose...a little guy and a big guy. It turns out the little guy is the one who flings you the farthest. But I can see how the rest of you might be annoyed when the game is laughing at you like that.

In a bizarre way, I owe much to Super Mario Sunshine (and the Bad Boys movies) since they motivated me to move to Florida. But now I'm back up north. It's a cold rainy april day. /offtopic