Furetchen's Highly Opinionated and Probably Inaccurate Ratings

Er... Do you mean Natasha?

Anyway, do... Kyle.

*cough* Yes. And I made the mistake again a couple paragraphs later.

Kyle? Sure.

KYLE

When you think 'reliability', you think Kyle.

Well, you probably don't. You probably think Duessel, or Seth, or Moulder. Because those people are more reliable than Kyle.

However, Kyle's still pretty damn reliable. Lemme back this up with some actual fact here.

Well, he blows Forde out of the water, really. For one, he's only a bit slower, but has a couple more HP, and what he loses in Skill and Luck *snort* he gains in Strength and Defence. He's not the best of the three people-who-attack-a-castle-which-is-an-obvious-trap. Ephraim slaughters him. Apart from a few HP, and a horse.

Anyway, he starts solidly, with slightly better stats than Forde and a one level deficit, but he'll overtake easily later. Besides, who isn't beaten by Ephraim? He'll continue to be a solid unit, maybe not doubling a couple things but certainly doing the job for most every enemy. His supports are stellar...A Forde is virtually a guarantee, and there'll be someone else on the list who'll want him for a B. Even Colm's an option, I guess...

So overall, Kyle turns from a Mighty Glacier very quickly into a well-rounded unit capable of much destruction. Like if Lowen's DNA was mixed with Sain's, and thrown into a suit of heavy olive green armour and ordered into battle. But I digress. Overall, Kyle's a solid...

8.5/10

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Eirika on Eirika's route equals Kyle?

Erika gets a promotional item all to herself, granted it doesn't come early but she doesn't have competition for it. Franz is most likely taking the first Crest so Kyle has to wait until C13 on Eirika's route. Eirika gets her promo on C16, 3 chapters after Kyle. There she gets a horse, a PRF legendary weapon with +5 STR. Also, he only starts 4 levels away, while she comes in the prologue. Also, Eirika doesn't take up a unit slot in the sense she's forced. Kyle on the otherhand, does.

Kyle is, for the most part, a better fighter. Eirika will double everything, save Mauthe Doogs, I guess, but Kyle will still double most things. Also, Cavalier > Fencer Lord. Lances, HP, Def, Str, enough Spd, and a horse easily make Cavalier the, or one of the best unpromoted classes in the game. Eirika's locked to swords. And Kyle promotes to GK, arguably the best class in the game hands down, as long as you can dodge the Slayer weapons. Eirika gets 20-use Sieglinde, sure, but is still locked to swords. And she's either not faster than or slightly slower than Paladin!Kyle, and GK!Kyle gets Axes.

Overall, Kyle being vastly better before promotion and equal after (save Sieglinde, which is negated when Kyle gets S something) equals Eirika's probably being higher level at very start, unmatched promotion item, PRF weapons and not taking a unit slot.

After that tirade, Joshua might need to go down to a 9.

Eirika will double everything, save Mauthe Doogs, I guess, but Kyle will still double most things.

Yeah, Eirika's really damn fast. I never denied that. But Kyle's fast enough, is what I'm saying. A Myrmidon/Merc/Do(o)g will likely as not go down in one Steel Lance shot.

EDIT: Thanks for correcting me on Sieglinde, though.

Edited by Furetchen

Kyle is, for the most part, a better fighter. Eirika will double everything, save Mauthe Doogs, I guess, but Kyle will still double most things. Also, Cavalier > Fencer Lord. Lances, HP, Def, Str, enough Spd, and a horse easily make Cavalier the, or one of the best unpromoted classes in the game. Eirika's locked to swords. And Kyle promotes to GK, arguably the best class in the game hands down, as long as you can dodge the Slayer weapons. Eirika gets 20-use Sieglinde, sure, but is still locked to swords. And she's either not faster than or slightly slower than Paladin!Kyle, and GK!Kyle gets Axes.

Overall, Kyle being vastly better before promotion and equal after (save Sieglinde, which is negated when Kyle gets S something) equals Eirika's probably being higher level at very start, unmatched promotion item, PRF weapons and not taking a unit slot.

After that tirade, Joshua might need to go down to a 9.

@Bold, do you have enemy stats to prove that? I remember him doubly infrequently.

Also, the first few chapter up until Kyle are loaded with axe units. Her sword gets WTA. Also, she has the raiper for the knights and cavaliers which can be incredibly useful.

@Underline, no. The Sieglinde gives +5 str essentially meaning 21 MT which covers for her lack of str. Kyle is most likely getting Vidofnir or Audhulma. Vidofnir gives him defense he already has, while Audhulma's resistance bonus isn't that big of a deal considering Mogalls suck and most other units are physical units.

MYRRH

Um. 'kay.

Now, the thing to remember about Myrrh is that she IS vulnerable to bows. I wish she wasn't, so I could just solo 19 by herself and get on with my life. But, alas, it is.

So anyway. Myrrh is amazing for about 30 attacks. She needs a while to oneshot everything and not take damage from anything. She'll never double anything she needs to, but that's good enough, with essentially a Doom-style BFG as a natural weapon. The problem is, she only got 50 uses. And she'll need to use 20 of them to get really good.

So basically, Myrrh can't be used seriously. However, as a low-maintenance unit she can be thrown into the fight for when you get way too many unit slots, and expected to do pretty well. She crits often, one-shots most things, but keep her away from Rangers. But her 50 attacks and low availability set her down.

And no, her supports are terrible. Her best option is WindXWind with saleh, which ain't happening.

So yeah, Myrrh gets a largely arbitrary...

6/10

EDIT: No, I have no enemy stats, true. But still, this is just basically my opinion based on what facts I can remember off the top of my head. And in my opinion, Kyle is equal to Eirika on her own route.

Edited by Furetchen

MYRRH

Um. 'kay.

Now, the thing to remember about Myrrh is that she IS vulnerable to bows. I wish she wasn't, so I could just solo 19 by herself and get on with my life. But, alas, it is.

So anyway. Myrrh is amazing for about 30 attacks. She needs a while to oneshot everything and not take damage from anything. She'll never double anything she needs to, but that's good enough, with essentially a Doom-style BFG as a natural weapon. The problem is, she only got 50 uses. And she'll need to use 20 of them to get really good.

So basically, Myrrh can't be used seriously. However, as a low-maintenance unit she can be thrown into the fight for when you get way too many unit slots, and expected to do pretty well. She crits often, one-shots most things, but keep her away from Rangers. But her 50 attacks and low availability set her down.

And no, her supports are terrible. Her best option is WindXWind with saleh, which ain't happening.

So yeah, Myrrh gets a largely arbitrary...

6.5/10

EDIT: No, I have no enemy stats, true. But still, this is just basically my opinion based on what facts I can remember off the top of my head. And in my opinion, Kyle is equal to Eirika on her own route.

6.5 for Myrrh is a bit high in my opinion. Considering that she only gets 50 attacks. I don't care if they are one shot kills, only being able to kill 50 units at best is poor. Also, another bad part of the dragonstone is that it's like a tome without 1-2 range. If she gets attacked by an archer she still loses 2% of her weapons use.

With only 50 uses of a weapon and she loses at least one use per battle even if she doesn't fight back is poor. Coupled with a durability that is reliant on the dragonstone makes her a character not worth using against generics as it seems a waste. She's also only a half point below Eirika(Eph). Eirika on Ephraim's route does miss multiple chapters but I'm pretty sure she comes at a certain level. You can get much more utility out of Eirika even on Ephraim's route than Myrrh.

The lord you don't use gains 6 levels on the unplayed route, up to a maximum of 15. And when I realise that when I look back I see that Myrrh's utilities mostly consist of 'disposable power'...

So when Eirika comes back with multiple swords, a horse, doesn't need to level up a lot to be good, no fear of bows, light affinity...

Yeah, Myrrh's going down to a 5.5.

FRANZ

Franz is...easy to describe. At the start, everything he does is a cut above the average. He's your best non-Seth against axes in offence and defence, he's got partial WTC, he fights well against anything, he's got the third-best mobility, third-best availability...and his good bases combine with very good growths over the course of the game, making him inevitably one of your best characters. His supports are pretty good, too. And he can become a Great Knight. Franz can do everything. Except fly. So Franz gets a...

9.5/10

Pfft,ur crzy man.Franz cant heal,hit res,or summon dood.down to liek 6 or somethin man.

(Obviously,the above is a joke,9.5 seems about right for Franz Ferdinand)

An 8 would be alright =/

Although, it's not like he is highly overrating him, Eirika could easily double with 1 AS gain, her offense would become somewhat better thanks to that.

If Myrrh isn't getting 50 battles in - attacking and being attacked counting - what's she giving us precisely? She can't heal, she can't attack attack attack like, oh, anybody else...she can kill some bosses - like Ephraim/Franz/Seth/Joshua/fucking INNES, but worse?

MOULDER THE BOULDER

Moulder is pretty easy to understand. He comes early as a level 4 healer. He has an animaXanima support with Vanessa. Natasha comes soon after, but at level 2 with a dismal deuce in the magic department, so Moulder is probably your prime healer. He also outlevels the third healer, who comes midgame. Heh.

So Moulder brings something to the table that nobody else can do well. But besides that, he becomes...well, I'd hesitate to call him a combat monster per se, but he can easily hold his own. His Con is sufficient to hold pretty much everything, but a Bishop can rush most of the game with nothing more than a Shine, really.

Problem is, Moulder takes a while to level. So by the time he's zapping things with Elfire, Saleh is just as good with staves (at least healing staves) and will cheerfully outdamage the guy. And Lute, who will level quickly, and Artur, who will also level pretty quickly, will both soon have staves. Even Ewan might get staves and tomes before him, assuming the average GameFAQ writer is playing.

So yeah. Moulder's a pretty good healer, with high con, and a moustache. But really, with the disproportionate sum of clergymen and experienced scholars in this game? He just ain't unique in any way. But he is still undoubtedly a valuable asset, garnering him a more than respectable

8/10.

Edited by Furetchen

If Myrrh isn't getting 50 battles in - attacking and being attacked counting - what's she giving us precisely?

Less than 50 battles? Killing monsters? She has 63 atk against monster defense. Ouch.

You're evidently accustomed to slowplaying the game. In any sort of efficient run, there is not enough time left in the game for such a late joining character to participate in 50 battles.

Even if she participated in 50 battles, chances are that's many monsters put down in one hit. I think only Cyclops can stand up to 63 Atk, and that's ignoring levels on Myrrh.

Edited by Colonel M