Doom captures FFTF

Doom103

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which can be shot down mid-flight. Missiles rarely reach their target in Gundam unless they're less than a Kilometer away.

Which is why they're launched in gravitic space, and fired at about 63 times the speed of light.

Which is why they're launched in gravitic space, and fired at about 63 times the speed of light.

63 times? I don't think so... That's not physically possible without flat-out warping them, unless you don't know what the speed of Light is.

63 times? I don't think so... That's not physically possible without flat-out warping them, unless you don't know what the speed of Light is.

No, neither. You simply launch them in gravitic space, which means that they physically travel at less than the speed of light, yet cover the same distance as if they were traveling that fast. A fast ship can reach warp 13, or about 8000 times the speed of light.

Thanks to BK-201 you all have a new rule

Now no one can question my power or what I do with it, or you will be sentences to DEATH

Through the power of "ignoring decrees I find stupid" I am immune to your rules.

No, neither. You simply launch them in gravitic space, which means that they physically travel at less than the speed of light, yet cover the same distance as if they were traveling that fast. A fast ship can reach warp 13, or about 8000 times the speed of light.

So in other words, it's going through Hyperspace. When it goes off, the blast could be stopped by a Beam Shield though. Quantom Torps don't have a very high yield, and Gundam is known for having absurdly powerful Beam power outputs.

So in other words, it's going through Hyperspace. When it goes off, the blast could be stopped by a Beam Shield though. Quantom Torps don't have a very high yield, and Gundam is known for having absurdly powerful Beam power outputs.

Hyperspace? I suppose that's a good way to look at it.

Well, what else do we have? I'm thinking less-than-conventional weaponry here.

How fast do those toys of yours travel, anyway?

I'm not sure about him,but mine can warp,and holds the same GN Shield he mentioned earlier.

I'm not sure about him,but mine can warp,and holds the same GN Shield he mentioned earlier.

Well, clearly, you can't simply warp instantaneously. There's got to be some sort of warp speed involved.

Something you can spam from all angles. Those Beam Shields don't cover the sides and back. Also, Kinetic weapons and weapons that you can flat-out warp PAST defenses.

Relatavistic speeds, although fast enough to get from Earth to Jupiter within a few weeks. Acceleration averages at about 2Gs straight forward, although the V2 can hit 20Gs. Really, no maximum speeds are ever listed, although the Zudah and GM will break down if they break a certain unspecified speed. Both are over a decade outdated though by Char's Counterattack.

And then there's the Turn A, which can warp Beam Rifle shots directly into the cockpit past sheilding, regenerate from being blown to shit- with the pilot, and has a system that can turn all technology around it to dust from Earth to Jupiter...

Specifically, the 00 Raiser dissassembles itself on the molecular level, moves at lightspeed to its intended destination, then reassembles itself perfectly. Kinda like the teleporter from Star Trek, except on a Mobile Suit level.

Something you can spam from all angles. Those Beam Shields don't cover the sides and back. Also, Kinetic weapons and weapons that you can flat-out warp PAST defenses.

Relatavistic speeds, although fast enough to get from Earth to Jupiter within a few weeks. Acceleration averages at about 2Gs straight forward, although the V2 can hit 20Gs. Really, no maximum speeds are ever listed, although the Zudah and GM will break down if they break a certain unspecified speed. Both are over a decade outdated though by Char's Counterattack.

And then there's the Turn A, which can warp Beam Rifle shots directly into the cockpit past sheilding, regenerate from being blown to shit- with the pilot, and has a system that can turn all technology around it to dust from Earth to Jupiter...

What about a disabler? Ion cannons might have a shot. So those things can't travel at faster-than-light speed either.

So I need something that can fire at a range of about 300 million km? I don't think I have the capability to fire more than a couple hundred thousand, tops.

What about something very unconventional like a giant plasma sword? You said you can't block something that actually uses mass to attack. Clearly a battleship would force a draw, but maybe something only a few hundred meters in length would be a better offensive weapon.

Of course, I could always ram you guys with something at near-light speed before your shields go up as well.

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

What about a disabler? Ion cannons might have a shot. So those things can't travel at faster-than-light speed either.

So I need something that can fire at a range of about 300 million km? I don't think I have the capability to fire more than a couple hundred thousand, tops.

What about something very unconventional like a giant plasma sword? You said you can't block something that actually uses mass to attack. Clearly a battleship would force a draw, but maybe something only a few hundred meters in length would be a better offensive weapon.

Of course, I could always ram you guys with something at near-light speed before your shields go up as well.

It'd dissipate in the I-Field.

You can still get picked off at that distance by a good Newtype who specializes in shooting, like Amuro Rei or Seabook Arno. Especially if they're using a Sniper-variation unit. Or the Turn A.

Plasma Swords work the same as beam sabers. Any MS packing its own would parry, slide down, and devastate whoever's wielding the BFS. The exception is Setsuna's Super-Infinity-Plus-One BFS, but that thing's more like a fucking pillar of light being swung around. Also, MS are designed for taking out Ships to begin with. A simple fleet would get wrecked quickly without some MASSIVE shielding.

Ramming NEVER works in Gundam. EVER. You'll get shot down or not do shit damage anyways. Every single time.

Ramming NEVER works in Gundam. EVER. You'll get shot down or not do shit damage anyways. Every single time.

No, not ramming exactly. More like using a barrier as a weapon. Along the lines of this, but on a much bigger scale.

at 5:52

It would take a good Newtype with a Psyframe to stop it, but it's possible.

What about a barrier weapon that also employs some sort of EMP pulse generator to weaken the shields? Certainly something that could shock the internal mechanism of the shield would be capable of weakening it enough to allow more conventional weaponry to get through it.

What about a barrier weapon that also employs some sort of EMP pulse generator to weaken the shields? Certainly something that could shock the internal mechanism of the shield would be capable of weakening it enough to allow more conventional weaponry to get through it.

EMPs don't work on Mobile Suits. No, I don't know why, they just don't.

EMPs don't work on Mobile Suits. No, I don't know why, they just don't.

Okay, but would they work on the shield of your flying fortress? Because the suits are irrelevant if your mothership falls.

What about heat resistances? If nothing else, I doubt they can survive temperatures of more than 10,000 Kelvin before breaking down.

WHAT... THE... F*CK...

Did I miss something here?! :wtf:

What the hell is going on?!

*reads entire thread* ... ... ... ohhh :unsure:

Ahem. I'm calling a temporary ceasefire until this factions business is straightened out. For one I'm not so sure about trying to take down Red Fox to begin with. She's not a Eastern Euro or a Jap, but we both like the same FE game and that's reason enough not to shoot her. As for FFtF, can this revolutionary uprising wait a few weeks? I still haven't recruited my lieutenants yet, and the Empire has yet to publicly announce its position in the conflict. Spetsnaz will submit to Imperial judgment and fight accordingly.

That is all :D

Okay, but would they work on the shield of your flying fortress? Because the suits are irrelevant if your mothership falls.

What about heat resistances? If nothing else, I doubt they can survive temperatures of more than 10,000 Kelvin before breaking down.

NOTHING is affected by EMP, or someone would have used an EMP blast by now. Especially since they're willing to use nukes.

Heat Resistance wise, not really. That said, Axis is an Asteroid that's been hollowed out and turned into a space colony/station, and took several dozen nukes placed directly in the middle at it's weak points just to split it. It can take a lot of shit.

NOTHING is affected by EMP, or someone would have used an EMP blast by now. Especially since they're willing to use nukes.

Heat Resistance wise, not really. That said, Axis is an Asteroid that's been hollowed out and turned into a space colony/station, and took several dozen nukes placed directly in the middle at it's weak points just to split it. It can take a lot of shit.

NUKES? That's kind of 20th century, you know.

Let's see, bio-mechanical weaponry might be worth trying. Something that can literally eat at a ship from the inside would definitely be something to consider.

NUKES? That's kind of 20th century, you know.

Let's see, bio-mechanical weaponry might be worth trying. Something that can literally eat at a ship from the inside would definitely be something to consider.

Not Fission nukes. Fusion. MUCH more powerful.

Moonlight Butterfly beat you to it.