Generals

Ansem

35 members have voted

1. 1. Generals

• They pawn
    • They suck
    • There okay

Generals in general (lol bad pun) are a very slow and unappreciated class. I was reading this faq on gamefaqs (lol another one) that in Thracia 776, Xiavier is a better General then Dalshin. On my first playthrough my Dalshien had 11 speed when he was level 5. Xiavier on the other hand had 8 and if my memory serves me right, he was level 10. My first general was Oswin and he got alot of speed. So what do you think?

Edited by Kai

Personally, I feel as if they're the best class ever. Clearly my favorite class. A lot of Defense, HP and good Attack too. Don't forget the huge clanking armor. What's not to love?

Edited by Tenshi Hinanawi

They usually have a very good handle on the weapon triangle, some of the best defense you can find and a fondness for Great Shield (far from guaranteed to activate, but certainly a lot better than nothing as a defensive skill) to counteract their shoddy movement range, often lagging attack speed and almost certain impossibility to rescue/drop.

Has some to lots of merit as a unit:

Gatrie (RD)

Oswin

Tauroneo (RD)

Dalshin

Brom (RD)

Gilliam

Brom (PoR)

Xavier

Tauroneo (PoR)

Has very little or practically none:

Gatrie (PoR)

Douglas

Hannibal

Barth

Ardan

Wallace

Bors

Meg

Wendy

I hate the bastards. They do look great, though. 'Cept Oswin and Gatrie, they're arright.

I usually end up using one, though :rolleyes:

I like Generals, especially when they end like tanks and dominate the battlefield.

With superior defense, they serve as shields to almost any attack and survive (save magical ones)

These are my favorites:

Brom (PoR)

Gatrie (RD)

Oswin (Blazing Sword)

Wendy (Sealed Sword)

Droug...I believe it's written this way (Shadow Dragon)

Amelia (Sacred Stones)

Generals are quite amazing!

Generals in the GBA FE games can be monsters if you put all the stat items into them, and give them killing weapons. It's quite ridiculous.

But under normal playthroughs I give item boosters to either my female crushes(Florina, Karla, Loise, etc), or the units I rely on the most, OsWIN being one of them :awesome:

Your castles are never rushed.

True that but still would you rather have a castle without defense or with defense

Don't want to be a party pooper BUUUTTTT...this was already done before, and not too long ago either.

Well thats too bad isnt it?

True that but still would you rather have a castle without defense or with defense

It doesn't matter. With defense, nothing happens. Without defense, nothing happens.

It doesn't matter. With defense, nothing happens. Without defense, nothing happens.

The knights in chapter 4 and 10 would like to have a word with you........

Uh

Nobody goes near any of your castles in those chapters.

I understand what he means by that statement seeing as the Falcoknight zerg comes along after seizing the first castle in Chapter 4 but you're doing something wrong if they actually get CLOSE to your castle.

Chapter 10 though, no.

FE is too speed stat oriented for Generals to make a difference. Since they probably get doubled, their damage output is essentially half of everyone else's. Add 4/5 mo and you have a big problem on your hands.

I think 11 did it right. Give them ridiculous defense growths, so they can actually stay alive a lot longer than everyone else, and give them accurate weapons, so their single attacks count.

I understand what he means by that statement seeing as the Falcoknight zerg comes along after seizing the first castle in Chapter 4 but you're doing something wrong if they actually get CLOSE to your castle.

Chapter 10 though, no.

The dude with Swanchika and his army of great knights would like to have a word with you