Laguz mastery skills

whase

Beorc mastery skills cannot activate at certain ranges, I know that.

but how about untransformed Laguz? can they use their mastery skill? (on 1 range of course)

if I ever train laguz, I train them unpromoted. otherwise their experience gains are way too low for me.

I don't thinks so.

Also as for training them, its better to dump BEXP on them since they will all or almost all laguz will cap their stats this way.

I like laguz, specially in RD where they are amazing, but honestly, I doubt they could activate a skill untransformed.

They are pretty fragile when untransformed, so I don't wish to experiment it.

On the other hand, it woulld be amazing seeing a laguz activate such skill while untransformed, right?

I like laguz, specially in RD where they are amazing, but honestly, I doubt they could activate a skill untransformed.

This is not the thread to be joing around, you know.

I like laguz, specially in RD where they are amazing.

I do seriously hope you're joking. Otherwise I might have to ask you "What are you smoking?" Why? Because amazing is exactly what they're not in RD. No, save for the royals (and Giffca), Laguz got nerfed terribly. If anything they were a lot better in PoR.

I would have quoted the same above two, but I'd probably have just stuttered something out in confusion.

As an aside, then, can untransformed Laguz activate non-Mastery/non-Laguz-Only skills like, say, Adept?

I do seriously hope you're joking. Otherwise I might have to ask you "What are you smoking?" Why? Because amazing is exactly what they're not in RD. No, save for the royals (and Giffca), Laguz got nerfed terribly. If anything they were a lot better in PoR.

Uhh, you're pretty much wrong. PoR Laguz had extremely limited options to charge their gauge, were locked to weak weapons, and usually had poor stats.

As an aside, then, can untransformed Laguz activate non-Mastery/non-Laguz-Only skills like, say, Adept?

yes, adept was really useful for untransformed Skrimir to me, since he only needed 2 hits per enemy and got doubled.

Uhh, you're pretty much wrong. PoR Laguz had extremely limited options to charge their gauge, were locked to weak weapons, and usually had poor stats.

In general, yes, laguz WERE much better despite their gauge, at least they weren't facing actually strong enemies and gained crappy EXP, their decent growths made up for their "poor" stats, Lethe, Mordecai, Muarim & Janaff are all actually pretty good, Ulki's fine, problem is his Spd.

In general, yes, laguz WERE much better despite their gauge, at least they weren't facing actually strong enemies and gained crappy EXP, their decent growths made up for their "poor" stats, Lethe, Mordecai, Muarim & Janaff are all actually pretty good, Ulki's fine, problem is his Spd.

Really only Lethe and Muarim were better in PoR. Mordy is pretty good in both PoR and RD. The hawks in RD are >> the hawks in PoR. Reyson now has canto automatically and he has 6 and 8 move instead of 5 and 8 move. Also, you can give him celerity and it isn't permanent. In PoR, boosting his move is permanent since only boots can do that (and even if there was a celerity in scroll form it would have been permanent in PoR anyway). The low exp gains in RD aren't too big a problem for the laguz that start better off like Volug, the royals, and the hawks. It's a problem for laguz like Ranulf and Lethe and Kyza and Lyre, though.

However, I do like that without being transformed they weren't so brittle in PoR. Also I liked how the demiband was actually useful. Halfshift starts sucking in 1-8. Too bad you can't get rid of it then. It's mostly useless in part 3. If halfshift also multiplied laguz level by 1.5 instead of by 2 for determining cexp gains then it could maybe have some use, but noooo, they had to make laguz level the same whether they were fully shifted or half shifted.

I quite like to throw Wildheart on Skrimir and use him for chip damage in Normal Mode. Of course, it doesn't really work in Hard Mode, and even in Normal Mode I forget to take off Resolve sometimes and he doubles and kills anyway, but Wildheart has some use.

If you could take off Wildheart in Part 1 though... Vika and Muarim are the obvious choices. Muarim now has 37ATK/16AS and is still invincible, so he can weaken enemies better instead of killing everything effortlessly. Vika is less pretty, but she still doubles with 22AS even if her 21/22ATK is crappy, so she can still do good damage.

I quite like to throw Wildheart on Skrimir and use him for chip damage in Normal Mode. Of course, it doesn't really work in Hard Mode, and even in Normal Mode I forget to take off Resolve sometimes and he doubles and kills anyway, but Wildheart has some use.

If you could take off Wildheart in Part 1 though... Vika and Muarim are the obvious choices. Muarim now has 37ATK/16AS and is still invincible, so he can weaken enemies better instead of killing everything effortlessly. Vika is less pretty, but she still doubles with 22AS even if her 21/22ATK is crappy, so she can still do good damage.

And if they would take my suggestion of making Laguz gain cexp like their level is 1.5x instead of 2x while using wildheart, then Vika would only be level ~19.5 to start instead of 20/6. Meaning she could actually gain some exp. Her 22 atk may not be good, but it should still 2RKO non-generals/bandits on NM. Oh, and 9 x 1.5 + 7 is actually only 20/21 depending on rounding, so maybe she won't 2RKO.

However, in 1-8 (can't get wildheart on her in 1-7 anyway), she ORKOs the priests, gets one soldier, all the mages, 2RKOs the boss (allowing many units to combo with her for the two round since she does 18 damage out of 30 and 23 mt will OHKO after her).

In 1-E she 2RKOs one of two starting fighters and all the reinforcement fighters, 5/6 hits soldiers and 4/5 hits archers (oh well), ORKOs 4 out of 6 mages and all the reinfrocement mages, ORKOs the priests, 3hits some myrms and doubles 3 out of 4 (including reinforcements). Of course, sadly she 4 HKOs the only myrm she doesn't double, but she still 2 rounds the others and brings those 3 to 10, 9, and 9 hp after the first attack. Meaning anyone can OHKO afterwards.

At least she'd be somewhat useful while gaining decent exp (under my suggestion) if they did this. And your skrimir would be leveling as if he was 20/17.5/0 instead of 20/20/10. Oh well. Would have been nice.

Yes, it is possible:

That's a crit. I realize since it is in japanese it might be hard to tell, though. He has 6% crit in the video. Must have Reyson next to him or be on an easier mode or something since I don't think it is possible to pull it off otherwise.

I got ninja'd. Urg. Hmm. Maybe I should delete the offending post... (kidding)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

so basically, nobody knows the answer to my question?

There is no real evidence supporting or disproving that laguz can use mastery skills untransformed. Just assume the answer is 'no.' It'll make your life easier. Plus, what are you going to do with mastery skills while untransformed anyway?

There is no real evidence supporting or disproving that laguz can use mastery skills untransformed. Just assume the answer is 'no.' It'll make your life easier. Plus, what are you going to do with mastery skills while untransformed anyway?

like I said above, whenever I train a laguz, I train it untransformed. otherwise I think it's a waste of xp.

Skrimir fighting untransformed with adept and resolve can take out any horse in chapter 4-P, 2 turns them if adept doesn't activate.

but I can't remember now if he'd already have his mastery there, I don't think so~