least favorite voice actor and/or actress

aizengard

wedee lee and brian beacock. I hate how wendee lee did yoruichi and haruhi suzumiya. I hate brian beacock for a lot of things... poor Lloyd

Edited by I_am_justice

I thought Wendee Lee was great as both Yoruichi and Haruhi. And Johnny Yong Bosch is great in any part I've heard him do, especially Lelouch when you compare him to Jun Fukuyama's ultra-hammy performance.

My least favorite lately has been Rie Kugimiya. Her voice annoys me and her characters are worse.

wedee lee and brian beacock. I hate how wendee lee did yoruichi and haruhi suzumiya. I hate brian beacock for a lot of things... poor Lloyd

I agree on the Wendee Lee part. That's the only part I can really identify her in, and I've only seen a small part of the MoHS dub, but her voice just really threw me off. To me it actually significantly changed the tone of the show, and I think it would have given a very different feel.

He yelled throatily at people who were like ten metres away! Badly! THAT'S unspeakable!

He also quietly spoke throughout the movie. Sometimes people yell when they're close to people.

I can't conjure scenes where he yelled at an incorrect time.

Tommy Wiseau. I don't care if he's "so horrible, he's funny," he's a bad actor. End of story. Or maybe it's just because I dislike him personally...Oh well. It's not like this topic said "worst actor" anyway.

Johnny Yong Bosch. Just... Damn, can you PLEASE not sound so forced? Also, RANGE, get some.

Whaa....? Also, by chance, did you hear Bosch when voice acting for non-Ratatosk Emil in ToS: Dawn of the New World? I couldn't tell at all that it was Bosch and I thought he did a pretty good job.

Tommy Wiseau. I don't care if he's "so horrible, he's funny," he's a bad actor. End of story. Or maybe it's just because I dislike him personally...Oh well. It's not like this topic said "worst actor" anyway.

You have offended me, good sir, the battle of words is on. He works in black comedy, which is supposed to have that awkward stupidity while trying to remain serious. He is an ARTIST.

"I needed money so I bought some drugs wha wha"

You have offended me, good sir, the battle of words is on. He works in black comedy, which is supposed to have that awkward stupidity while trying to remain serious. He is an ARTIST.

"I needed money so I bought some drugs wha wha"

What I'm unsure of is if The Room was intended to be a black comedy. D:

Troy Baker

Wait. What.

What I'm unsure of is if The Room was intended to be a black comedy. D:

The intention is disputed, but I really think that it was intended to be what it is, God of black comedy. I've seen it probably like.. 6 or 7 times. I love The Room. The dialogue just makes no sense and the directing is what I would expect of an 11 year old, that and Wiseau appearing on Time and Eric just made me more sure.

Did you not find it hilarious or something? CHOCOLATE IS A SYMBOL OF LOVE.

Whaa....? Also, by chance, did you hear Bosch when voice acting for non-Ratatosk Emil in ToS: Dawn of the New World? I couldn't tell at all that it was Bosch and I thought he did a pretty good job.

Really? I'm flabbergasted by this... He sounds the same in every role he does (except 2 that I know, where he just does this INCREDIBLY fake sounding higher pitch version of his normal VAing...)! I've been over this a hundred times with people (not here, of course), I want variety. When I see JYB on a VA list, I know exactly what I'm gonna get, some incredibly forced voice that just sounds dumb to me. And his yell of surprise or whatever you wanna call it (GAAH! or whatever...)... It makes me wanna punch a puppy.

He's not the worst (Mediocre at best), but he's easily my least favorite of all the voices I've heard in gaming/anime. I blame it on his BEING GOD DAMN EVERYWHERE in the gaming/anime universe.

The intention is disputed, but I really think that it was intended to be what it is, God of black comedy. I've seen it probably like.. 6 or 7 times. I love The Room. The dialogue just makes no sense and the directing is what I would expect of an 11 year old, that and Wiseau appearing on Time and Eric just made me more sure.

Did you not find it hilarious or something? CHOCOLATE IS A SYMBOL OF LOVE.

The intention was just my main concern. I was just sketchy over that part whether it was an accident that the film became so successful or whether it really was intentional. Something about him taking all the credit for what might have been an accident just didn't sit well with me. Although I probably shouldn't have just assumed at that time, but I did...

Really? I'm flabbergasted by this...

So I take it you didn't hear him in ToS: DotN?

Edited by Fireman

Why does being identifiable mean they're bad? How many voice actors do you know of that present a large and noticeable difference in tone while still maintaining the emotions they're trying to play out genuinely?

I mean, this is also forgetting that the reason he's so famous is precisely because of that Johnny Yong Bosch sound.

Why does being identifiable mean they're bad? How many voice actors do you know of that present a large and noticeable difference in tone while still maintaining the emotions they're trying to play out genuinely?

Richard Doyle, Jennifer Hale and Patrick Zimmerman say hi

I mean, this is also forgetting that the reason he's so famous is precisely because of that Johnny Yong Bosch sound.

Let's see...

Kirk Thornton, Keith Ferguson(spelling?), Michael McGaharn, Michael Bell, and Michael McConnohie. Just off the top of my head. Note: They do not always use a different voice all the time, but they are ABLE to actually change it up. Also, they don't sound nearly as forced as Ichigo, er, I mean Vash, er, I mean Guy Cecil, er, I mean...

Anywho, why am I being hounded for this? I'm not hounding anyone else for having a differing opinion.

EDIT: Also, no, being identifiable doesn't mean you're bad, but having the same voice for every character you do actually makes you lose your identity, IMO.

Edited by SlaveBlade