Mini Mafia Round 1

General Spoon

This is the official Mafia game thread where all discussions/game play/voting will take place. For those playing, all game-related posts should go here.

If you are dead or not playing, do not post in this thread. If you're dead, you're dead. I can't stop you from talking about the game outside of the forum, but by the honor system, please don't. It'll only ruin the fun of the game for others.

Gameplay/Rules

Each game day consists of the Day Phase and the Night Phase. Since my schedule is fairly busy and not perfect, there will not be a 100% set schedule for this. There will, however, be a minimum time limit of 24 hours per day phase. So from the time of my most recent update, you have at least 24 hours to post your votes. Once that time has passed, someone will be hung and the night phase will begin. Once I post that the night phase has begun, ya'll can start PM'ing me. I will post the results once all actions are submitted (or at least 24 hours have passed, in case people forget). This may cause the game to run a little slowly, but it also gives more time for forum discussion, strategy stuff, etc.

Additionally, I would ask that you do not change your name while playing the game.

Also, only edit your post if you are changing a vote. To edit your post for any other reason goes against the spirit of the game.

Day Phase

The Day Phase is when everyone decides to cast a vote to hang someone (or hang no one, if you decide). You do not have to vote. For this game, votes will be cast publicly on the forum. Votes must be bolded and obvious. If I miss a vote because you implied it or forgot to make it obvious, that's your fault, not mine. If you change your vote and make a new post with a vote, unbold your old one. If you change your vote and forget to unbold your first one, I'll ignore your attempt of change because, well, because I can. Remember, everyone (save for those who are dead) participates in voting if they decide to.

Night Phase

The Night Phase is for those with special abilities (certain villagers have these, as do the Mafia). The most notable part of this phase is who the Mafia kill. To do your actions, send me a PM on this forum. Make it 100% clear who you are performing your action to. In the subject, put the Day # in there somewhere. For example, the mafia will PM me who they kill each night, if there's a doctor then he will protect someone, etc.

Special Roles

Everyone will receive their role in a PM. For this round (yes, we'll have more rounds later), I will be posting the approximate number of mafia members and what special roles there are. All roles are distributed randomly. No, it's not rigged, and no, I am not going to change the results for friends. I want to hold true to the randomness of the game. So, theoretically, the same person could be mafia 5 rounds in a row.

Town Roles

Bulletproof

This player can survive one attempt to kill them at night (only works once per game). This protection does not apply to lynching. If the spy and serial killer each attempt to kill this player at night, then one of the attacks will be stopped but the other will succeed. If this player is hit, he will receive a message that says he was hit, and cannot survive another hit. Generally, the town would like to know that you are hit, so don't horde this information >_>

Jailer

If the town chooses to no lynch, then the jailer can jail one person that night. The jailed cannot perform actions during that night, and cannot have actions done to him. The jailed will know that he was jailed. Wins with the town.

Agent

The agent can send anonymous messages to the serial killer. He will want to try and get the serial killer to reveal himself by pretending to be the spy. Wins with the town.

Mafia Roles

Spy

The spy can send anonymous messages to the serial killer. He will want to make sure the serial killer doesn't shoot him, that he doesn't shoot the serial killer, and to coordinate kills with him. The spy can choose to kill one person at night.

3rd Party Roles

Serial Killer

The serial killer must kill one person each night. (I know I posted a serial killer variant in another thread that had bulletproof protection. This version doesn't have bulletproof protection. If he's shot, he'll die. Just for clarification.)

Anonymous Messages

Once the phase has ended, all anonymous messages sent that phase will be given to the serial killer in the order that I (the game moderator) received them.

Questions, Comments, Concerns

If you have an questions, post it in the mafia sign-up thread. If I forgot to mention something here, feel free to post about it there too.

Winning Conditions

The town wins if the spy and serial killer both dead.

The mafia wins if the spy is one of the last two people standing, or everyone else is dead.

The serial killer wins if he is one of the last two people standing, or everyone else is dead.

We have 7 players this game.

There are/is:

3 Bulletproofs

1 Jailer

1 Agent

1 Spy

1 Serial Killer

Reinfleche -Dead- Night 3- Shot (Agent)

King Russell -Dead- Day 2- Lynched (Spy)

Dracohon -Dead- Night 2- Just desserts (Jailer)

Pride -Dead- Night 1- Doubleshot (Bulletproof)

I Eat Tables -Alive (Serial Killer, winner)

Mordecai -Alive (Bulletproof)

Ether -Dead- Day 1- Somehow lynched (Bulletproof)

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put that message out in the open so that if they wish, the spy can fake being hit, or the serial killer can counter claim another player's hit when its down to 3 or 4 players. If they want.

Edited by General Spoon

Made a quick change to the way anonymous messages work. They can be sent during night phase as well as day phase, but will still be sent at the end of the phase. I will not wait for the agent or the spy to tell me if they are sending messages during a phase before I end it.

Night 1 Results

Just as dawn was beginning to break, someone shot at Pride while he was milking his cow. The shot startled the animal, which ran to the other end of the barn. Pride's vest stopped the bullet from doing any damage to him, though the vest itself was ruined, and his attacker fled. Unfortunatly for Pride, another person came along and shot at him. His vest was unable to stop another bullet, and Pride the Bulletproof was dead.

Day 1 Begins

Got milk? Not anymore, with your milkman dead.

Edited by General Spoon

Nobody died, so a bulletproof or two different must have been hit (I know that's probably obvious, but just pointing out for everyone else in the game). The Serial Killer has to attack, the spy doesn't, if I was the spy I know I'd be cautious on the first night, since obviously the SK and spy working together is pretty important. So to that end... how are they likely to communicate, given that the SK can't talk back (right?)?

So, who to vote? At this point, we have the sum of zero evidence, so I wonder if leaving things up to the Jailer would be a good idea? At the very least, he can stop one person. For now, No Lynch

Read Below post

Edited by I Eat Tables

Okay, so both the Spy and SK went for Pride. That can't have been planned, since the anonymous messages are given at the end of the phase. So it's just an unhappy coincidence, but it wasn't what I expected the spy to do (as I said, waiting on the first night phase so you don't hit the SK seems more sensible). Hmm... I'm not sure who that would make likely to be the Spy, though, so for now I'm not going to vote no lynch, but I'll wait to see what other people's thoughts are.

I was going to say that Spoon was apparently waiting on someone to send in night orders, but Reinfleche, Mordecai and Ether haven't been online for 10+ hours, so he was apparently waiting for either King Russell or I Eat Tables...

But then I remembered that it could have simply been that Spoon himself just recently went online.

So in other words, I have no idea right now. :huh:

Though I agree that Pride being hit by both people couldn't have been anything but coincidence.

As Spoon said, there aren't many people in this game. Random voting might be bad. On the other hand, we do need to vote for someone, or at least a no lynch to let the jailer go to work.

Actually, that's probably the best option at this point, since we can see if he stops a kill/attack, and if he's willing to risk his life, tell us who it is. Actually, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. It's got a 1/3 chance of working, if the Jailer goes along with it. So, I'm still left with no clue what to do :facepalm:.

Err... yeah... what do we do now? someone's already dead, and we only have 6 people, 2 of whom we can't trust. Random voting is just more likely to end up with us getting screwed... I dunno.

As Spoon said, there aren't many people in this game. Random voting might be bad. On the other hand, we do need to vote for someone, or at least a no lynch to let the jailer go to work.

Actually, that's probably the best option at this point, since we can see if he stops a kill/attack, and if he's willing to risk his life, tell us who it is. Actually, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. It's got a 1/3 chance of working, if the Jailer goes along with it. So, I'm still left with no clue what to do :facepalm:.

Wrong. He's got a 1/5 chance of blocking an attack since the Spy never actually has to kill. And right now, those odds are too high for me.

I can come up with some more bad ideas, if you like :awesome:. We can all roleclaim, then vote off every role that's been overfilled, i.e. the 4 people that claim Bulletproof, while the SK and Spy kill everyone else. We could, er... sit for longer, imagining more evidence will come our way? Or we can actually do something!

The jailed cannot perform actions during that night, and cannot have actions done to him

Jailing someone is probably the best course of action right now, possibly preventing 1-2 deaths/attacks. So I'm gonna go for a No lynch right now, unless someone suggests something better.

Unvote

Edited by I Eat Tables

Here's the problem I see with your idea, Tables. As Russell said, the Spy doesn't have to kill every night if they don't want to. So if we jail someone, and there's only one kill tonight, that means the guy in jail could be the Spy, or it could mean the Spy simply didn't kill that night. Or it could mean we got the serial killer, and the Spy did kill that night. The only way to find out which one happened is if the jailer roleclaims, and the town lynches the jailed person, with a 1/4 chance of him being guilty. We'd have better odds random lynching during daytime.

So the only way jailing someone would work, is if nobody dies on that night, then we know we got the serial killer.

However, in the interest of not dying from a random vote, I'll vote Mordecai, just to tie the vote.

Edited by Dracohon

Hmm, yeah, you're right. But then it's just a crapshoot vote, so... I suppose I have to either open up a third option or choose between you two, neither of which is ideal.

Sorry, Dracohon, but out of you and Mordecai, I get the feeling you're more likely to deceive us.

Unvote again. I'm decisive.

Edited by I Eat Tables

I'd rather have a lynch right now and keep the jailer alive for a while when his odds look better.

Dracohon

EDIT: Vote has been retracted.

Edited by King Russell

Well, assuming you're telling the truth, and roleclaiming this early probably means you are, then we should go for someone else. You've already stated you're not particularly keen on using your power (ergo, you'd rather have a lynch), which makes sense right now. So... Ether for inactivity, I guess.