What's up with all the incest?

:/

FE4 notwithstanding, what's with the brother-sister incest thing going on in some of the other games? Yeah, they're really close, but it's not like....sexual or anything. (Is it? I hope not...) Is it really considered incest, or is it just the fans overblowing intimate familial relationships between brother and sister?

It depends on who you're talking about. Some fans like to blow it out of proportion.

Someone once said Sothe x Micaiah was incest but it really isn't.

Eirika x Ephraim from Sacred Stones?

Priscilla x Raven from Blazing Sword?

Clarine x Klein from Sword of Seals?

Priscilla and Raven are blood siblings; however, they got separated when young.

Altena and Aerone are not blood related (ok, they are like 5th cousins or something even further than that). However, that is not close enough to mean anything. They were just raised together. At Medieval times, it was perfectly normal for cousins to marry, and these two are really distantly related (at that time, even Shanan/Lakche, Lakche/Johan(if Lex was the dad), Patty/Lester, Rana/Faval, would be perfectly normal).

People are just blowing these examples out of proportion. I can say the same about Lachesis and Eltosian. Especially since Lachesis will end up with another man anyway. There is the brother and sister love, but it's not THAT kind of love.

People are just blowing these examples out of proportion. I can say the same about Lachesis and Eltosian. Especially since Lachesis will end up with another man anyway. There is the brother and sister love, but it's not THAT kind of love.

actually, The Lachesis one is kind of true.

[spoiler=Aless and Nanna's Lover's conversation]

Nanna:

Aless, take it easy out here. You still have a monumental task awaiting you.

Aless:

I haven't forgotten, believe me. I've no intention of dying in this war.

I will not rest until Agustria has attained the glory my father envisioned for it.

Nanna:

I know you can do it, Aless. Your father would be so proud of you...

Aless:

But I can't do it alone, Nanna. I need you.

Nanna:

Of course, Aless. My life is yours. I'm not making the same mistake my mother did.

Aless:

What... his own sister fell in love with him?

Nanna:

Yes... she did. But it's not all that strange, really. They had different mothers.

Aless:

Hey, that reminds me. You and I are cousins, aren't we...

Nanna:

Yeah, that's right. Hehehe...

Come on

What happens?

At least give me a link

I'd like to see a link as well, but until it's there I'll assume it's BS

I think they work together to rebuild the kingdom or some crap like that. It wasn't really all that far off from the English translation. I can't say for certain though since it's been years.

actually, The Lachesis one is kind of true.

You're right. I completely forgot. Been focusing on playing the new games and forgot all about the old ones. I guess this is a good excuse to replay them.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

Come on

What happens?

At least give me a link

There has been a fallacy flying around that in the Japanese version Eirika and Ephraim get married at their paired ending, but in the end it's been just that: a fallacy.

Don't forget Innes x Tana, they're king and queen at the end.

Prissy wants to bang her older Raven, but Raven is pretty wtf about it. Then he goes on to be gay.

She just loves her brother, nothing sexual. Klein seems to have a thing for Percival, anyway...

Other than a couple cases (Lachsis, Nanna and Prissy) the incest is a fan thing. It makes for more fun discussion, at least

Then he goes on to be gay.

Wait, Lucy's a guy?

(Yes, I know Lucius is a guy. I reject your reality and substitute my own.)

Overall, it could just be iffy writing. It's not like authors meaning a relationship to be one thing and it coming across as another is anything new, after all...