Sleeping positions

Phoenix

Position(s)?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What's yours?

This is interesting.

Anyway, I'm a combination of the following:

Yearner (Start off in this position)

Freefaller (contemplate in this position)

Fetus (end up in this position)

Starfish (Wake up in this position)

Also I'm in the 10% of people who cover their entire bodies though I tend to wake up partially exposed :unsure:

Lets see...to fall asleep quickest, I need to lay on my left side facing my door, with my left hand under the pillow(sometimes cuts off blood flow) and right arm at my side, legs a little bit bent.

None of those; I toss and turn, sometimes for an hour or two before falling asleep, but I generally end up in a position laying on my stomach, with my right arm at my side, my left curled under the pillow and my right cheek, with my left leg curled in the fetal position and my right straight out.

...What?

Sounds like some of us could use some better bedding support lol

I sleep in a metal frame computer bunk(google it) so I'm always at my comfortable altitude of five feet eight inches off the ground. I think the mattress is effecting how I sleep though. It's not a bad mattress but it could be better. Then again, this is coming from a person who can sleep on the ground outside in the starfish position, and wake up after only three and a half or four hours of sleep and be just fine for the day.

None of those; I toss and turn, sometimes for an hour or two before falling asleep, but I generally end up in a position laying on my stomach, with my right arm at my side, my left curled under the pillow and my right cheek, with my left leg curled in the fetal position and my right straight out.

...What?

i sleep exactly like that, except the opposite. i'm like a mirror!

and since it's just impossible for me to fall asleep before three, the tossing and turning can go up to four/five hours, depending on the time i go to bed.

i sleep exactly like that, except the opposite. i'm like a mirror!

and since it's just impossible for me to fall asleep before three, the tossing and turning can go up to four/five hours, depending on the time i go to bed.

Wow. I have to toss and turn for an hour, sometimes two, but that sounds horrible.

Wow. I have to toss and turn for an hour, sometimes two, but that sounds horrible.

well it wasn't so bad, at least at first.

in the past i only had afternoon classes, so it wasn't too bad. once i saw that it was useless to try to fall asleep early, i actually just said 'fuck it' and gave up trying to sleep at 'a reasonable hour', and would do all my studying and such at night. i would sleep from 3 ish 4ish to midday almost 1. it worked beautifully

...until this semester, where everything changed. having 8 AM classes really screwed up my schedule, since i would only get like 3 hours of sleep per day. i've been reduced to a walking zombie because of this

...but on a lighter note, i only have this week to deal with. then for fall i'll make sure to not start my day before 2

Edited by Champion Cynthia

Fetus/freefaller.

Also I'm in the 10% of people who cover their entire bodies though I tend to wake up partially exposed :unsure:

I thought there was a bigger amount of people who do that.

Because I do it too.

Start and think in freefall, fall asleep in log, and wake up in yearner. Actually I wake up hugging my pillow.

Now when you say fully clothed...

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I use a mix of the Soldier and Yearner positions I think. They are just the most comfortable.

Though in the spring I tend to lean towards the Freefaller position.