Wait, WTF is up with some of the character relationships in the FE Treasure?

I just remembered that the Treasure had some rather odd changes to some characters' backgrounds like Jamuka and Lachesis. In the game, Jamuka is the youngest brother, but the Treasure shows he's the son of the youngest brother. Lachesis herself was only Elto's half sister. Is that canon, or did someone fuck up the Treasure?

Lachesis really is Elto's half sister. Nana even says so in her lover conversation with Ares/Aless

I think the thing with Jamuka was a mistake (Maybe the translator made a mistake?)

Edited by HezulLover

According to the FE: Treasure, Jamka was the son of Bator's eldest son. However, Bator raised him as his own son after his parents died. Maybe they were trying to explain why Jamka's personality differed so much from Gandolf and Kinbois?

I believe Sylvia possibly being Claude's sister was downplayed.

They also made it so that a bunch of siblings are half-siblings instead of full ones. Unlike Lachesis's case, I don't think you can find out in the game.

For reference: Family tree 1 - Family tree 2.

Aren't Delmud and Nana also half siblings? I read somewhere that they have different fathers (Nana's is supposedly Fin's child while Delmud is Beowolf's kid)

Not in FE4. In FE5 it's arguable.

The evidence for Delmud being Beowolf's child is the fact that he can equip the Beo Sword. Although there's a chance this fact isn't related to Beowolf at all.

Nanna being Fin's child probably stems from his close relationship with her. However, I don't believe there's any conclusive proof that she's his child (for instance, Mareeta ended up not being Evayle's daughter). The FE5 official site also listed Nanna's father (and Felgus's) as Beowolf for a short period, before being removed.

Edited by VincentASM

Not in FE4. In FE5 it's arguable.

The evidence for Delmud being Beowolf's child is the fact that he can equip the Beo Sword. Although there's a chance this fact isn't related to Beowolf at all.

That's pretty difficult to argue with the existence of Fergus and him being able to use it.

Nanna being Fin's child probably stems from his close relationship with her. However, I don't believe there's any conclusive proof that she's his child (for instance, Mareeta ended up not being Evayle's daughter). The FE5 official site also listed Nanna's father (and Felgus's) as Beowolf for a short period, before being removed.

It'd be mind blowing if Nanna was the daughter of Beo while Delmud is the son of Beowful.

According to the FE: Treasure, Jamka was the son of Bator's eldest son. However, Bator raised him as his own son after his parents died. Maybe they were trying to explain why Jamka's personality differed so much from Gandolf and Kinbois?

Let's not try to rationalize why they did it, but rather who is right? Is the game right or is the book right?

Let's not try to rationalize why they did it, but rather who is right? Is the game right or is the book right?

I don't think there's a real answer for this; it depends on what you believe is canon. Since the book doesn't appear to completely contradict the game (the game never specifies that Jamka isn't Bator's grandson), I'm tempted to agree with the book.

I don't think there's a real answer for this; it depends on what you believe is canon. Since the book doesn't appear to completely contradict the game (the game never specifies that Jamka isn't Bator's grandson), I'm tempted to agree with the book.

The game does say that Batou has three sons (namely Gandolf, Kinbois and Jamuka) at the start of chapter 1.

Yeah, so it completely contradicts the game. Lachesis I can understand and would accept the book, but Jamuka I have a hard time believing.

Me too. The Jamuka thing is not making much sense. But Lachesis is stated in both the game and the book, so I will buy that

Me too. The Jamuka thing is not making much sense. But Lachesis is stated in both the game and the book, so I will buy that

There was no mention of Lachesis being only half sister in-game. Jamuka on the other hand has been referred to as son and brother by the others in-game.

There was no mention of Lachesis being only half sister in-game. Jamuka on the other hand has been referred to as son and brother by the others in-game.

You only say that since you haven't read Nanna + Aless. Maybe you didn't make them lovers so you wouldn't have seen it. They say it pretty specifically.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe4/script_11.html

Nanna:

Aless, take it easy out here. You still have a monumental task awaiting you.

Aless:

I haven't forgotten, believe me. I've no intention of dying in this war.

I will not rest until Agustria has attained the glory my father envisioned for it.

Nanna:

I know you can do it, Aless. Your father would be so proud of you...

Aless:

But I can't do it alone, Nanna. I need you.

Nanna:

Of course, Aless. My life is yours. I'm not making the same mistake my mother did.

Aless:

What... his own sister fell in love with him?

Nanna:

Yes... she did. But it's not all that strange, really. They had different mothers.

Aless:

Hey, that reminds me. You and I are cousins, aren't we...

Nanna:

Yeah, that's right. Hehehe...

What else would that mean aside from half-sister? Unless they had different fathers, too, but then they wouldn't be blood siblings at all. Those are the only two possibilities.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

So cousins are okay, but half-siblings is a major no-no, lol.

And that is the mentality of people in Medieval Europe....cousins were sometimes encouraged to get married even, while siblings couldn't

You only say that since you haven't read Nanna + Aless. Maybe you didn't make them lovers so you wouldn't have seen it. They say it pretty specifically.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe4/script_11.html

What else would that mean aside from half-sister? Unless they had different fathers, too, but then they wouldn't be blood siblings at all. Those are the only two possibilities.

I don't think I've ever bothered to play through the game in English. I've always played it in Japanese and just use the scripts from ages ago written in Chinese. I don't ever recall pairing Aless and Nana either for that matter, but I could be mistaken.

Either way, the Treasure is right about that, but Jamuka's still a huge WTF.

Nanna isn't Fin's daughter. Her skillset lacks Prayer. Unless Fin pulls a Hilda.(who does not pass down Minor Fala to Ishtar and Ishtor)

No one cares about Beowolf, he doesn't have any skillz.

Nanna isn't Fin's daughter. Her skillset lacks Prayer. Unless Fin pulls a Hilda.(who does not pass down Minor Fala to Ishtar and Ishtor)

Sety is Levin's son and yet he doesn't have Critical skill in FE5.

No one cares about Beowolf, he doesn't have any skillz.

Wait, what?

I'm not a Beo fan, but saying he doesn't have any skill? Lol. He has Pursuit and Charge.

• 3 weeks later...

Sety is Levin's son and yet he doesn't have Critical skill in FE5.

Rubbish. Everyone can critical in FE5, you don't need a specific skill that allows you to critical.

I'm not a Beo fan, but saying he doesn't have any skill? Lol. He has Pursuit and Charge.

Oh fine. I admit I missed them, but there isn't any reason for Pursuit to exist in FE5. But Delmud and Nanna don't have Charge, which suggests that their father is Azel or Claude. Care to explain? Or is this game going to go crazy and say that Delmud has Major Blaggi or Minor Fala? Also, skills are not always passed down(Hilda, LOLZ). If they are, then Felgus is definitely NOT Beo's bastard son, because Charge is missing.

(Admittedly, Charge is horrible in FE5, but that's not the point)

Edited by Earth Sword

The skill inheritance thing is a strict FE4 caveat, just like the half-siblings thing which is impossible in FE4. FE5 toys with canon in several ways anyway (Brigid etc.), so I'm willing to accept characters not properly inheriting skills.

That said, there's no proof that Nanna and Delmud have different fathers. There's not even any proof Beowulf was anyone's father at all. The whole Beo Sword thing and Fergus's claim are the only things linking Delmud and Beowulf (well, besides kinda looking like him; I think Beo/Lachesis is the intended combo, but then again Lester). And Nanna calls Fin father, but their relationship isn't developed enough to really determine whether she's his biological daughter (she might be, and Fin may know one way or another, but he doesn't bother to say).

I think it's kind of sweeter that way though. Then Fin gets to be the new queen's dad. Poor guy deserves it, really. Hardest working dude in Jugdral.

Well, nobody works as hard as Marcus. Dude's already basically retired when he's out kicking ass for Eliwood. He's freaking ancient when he's out kicking ass for Roy. For a guy "past his prime" twice, that ain't bad.

Not that Fin wasn't working as hard for about as long, but he was just a kid First Gen. I'm not sure which is harder: Putting up with Leaf, or putting up with Eliwood and Roy.

• 6 months later...

they still keep Brian Johan Johanva full siblings, that's weird

Burian is nice, if misguided and ugly. To me he seemed more about honor than bastardiness like his father and grandfather.