Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with Cancel on Leonardo? It's not like non-Archers will get that much use from it, since it only helps when you attack first.

Which reminds me, I'm pretty sure Edward and Leonardo had different Skills in the early build, at least according to fans - Edward had Counter, while Leonardo had Wrath.

What's wrong with Cancel on Leonardo? It's not like non-Archers will get that much use from it, since it only helps when you attack first.

Which reminds me, I'm pretty sure Edward and Leonardo had different Skills in the early build, at least according to fans - Edward had Counter, while Leonardo had Wrath.

The supposed early build skills make more sense than the final product.. Cancel's pretty pointless on Leo because he should be attacking enemies that can't counter-attack him. If it's on a unit that has 1 range, Cancel activating on their first attack means you may not have to bother healing that unit plus it allows that person to tank more hits on the enemy phase. Ambush/Vantage + Cancel would've been quite good if Vantage worked like in FE9. It may not seem like much but it's certainly more than having it on Leo.

Now Wrath on Leonardo would've been much better, get him hit once and he's packing +50% critical with each attack which helps buff up his offense a little. I usually give Wrath to Micaiah due to her Sacrifice skill easily putting her in the HP range to activate Wrath as she dies in 1 hit anyway making how much HP irrelevant save for Sacrifice use.

Edited by Sirius

Ambush/Vantage + Cancel would've been quite good if Vantage worked like in FE9.

even better, vantage + cancel + adept + flare on Soren makes him like, unbeatable.

let's say, 30 speed/skill makes 30% cancel, 30% adept, 30% vantage, 30% flare. lots of chance to at least activate 2 I think.

nobody else with a self-healing mastery skill can get this combo.

You dont obtain transformation points if a 1 ranged attacker attacks you but you do if a 2 ranged attaker does.

even better, vantage + cancel + adept + flare on Soren makes him like, unbeatable.

let's say, 30 speed/skill makes 30% cancel, 30% adept, 30% vantage, 30% flare. lots of chance to at least activate 2 I think.

nobody else with a self-healing mastery skill can get this combo.

There is actually slightly under a 25% chance that all 4 will fail. Even assuming that Vantage procs (which most of the time, does nothing in and of itself), there is a 34.3% chance that none of the other 3 will proc, plus if Flare procs, Soren might not even OHKO the enemy and get hit after he heals himself.

I didn't know this until now.

but if a Laguz misses a hit untransformed he or she gains more laguz gauge filled compared to hitting the enemy untransformed.

You dont obtain transformation points if a 1 ranged attacker attacks you but you do if a 2 ranged attaker does.

You gain gauge if you don't damage the enemy. If you laguz counters the enemy but tinks or misses, then he will gain the same amount of gauge as if he was attacked from 2 range.

Edited by dondon151

You gain gauge if you don't damage the enemy. If you laguz counters the enemy but tinks or misses, then he will gain the same amount of gauge as if he was attacked from 2 range.

oh... that explains it.

I, of course, think this was one of their dumbest ideas ever. But then I suppose fighting untransformed isn't the most efficient way of clearing maps anyway, even if it is only once to boost gauge.

I, of course, think this was one of their dumbest ideas ever. But then I suppose fighting untransformed isn't the most efficient way of clearing maps anyway, even if it is only once to boost gauge.

Its not reliable since sometimes (depending which laguz) gets killed but for someone like Volug theres a need to fill up the other half of his laguz gauge to make him fight sooner.

Of course he's have to be attacked by a ranged enemy or miss a hitting them untransfomed. If its safe I do it :).

The supposed early build skills make more sense than the final product.. Cancel's pretty pointless on Leo because he should be attacking enemies that can't counter-attack him. If it's on a unit that has 1 range, Cancel activating on their first attack means you may not have to bother healing that unit plus it allows that person to tank more hits on the enemy phase. Ambush/Vantage + Cancel would've been quite good if Vantage worked like in FE9. It may not seem like much but it's certainly more than having it on Leo.

Now Wrath on Leonardo would've been much better, get him hit once and he's packing +50% critical with each attack which helps buff up his offense a little. I usually give Wrath to Micaiah due to her Sacrifice skill easily putting her in the HP range to activate Wrath as she dies in 1 hit anyway making how much HP irrelevant save for Sacrifice use.

Personally, I think Cancel makes perfect sense, but form a different perspective. Cancel is a cheep skill, 10 points. Any Tier 1 character can wear one of those. It gives the player a legitimate excuse to play with the skill system and yet witness the difference between innate and equipped skills. Ergo "Do I apply Cancel to Edward which will get better use, or do I leave it on Leo who can use it at not cost?" Fire Emblem is a tactical game. Playing with Cancel early on like that gives the player something to do.

If the game did everything 'right', then pft. Why bother playing the game with any tier one character? Why not just give you a team consisting of the Black Knight, the Royals, and Team Dragon and give them an innate Mantle? They're unbeatable, don't need training, and can thrash through every level they show up in.

Kurth's stats are the only Npc stats which change from one time you see them to another IIRC.

Ena's stats change slightly between 4-1 and 4-E. IIRC she goes from level 25 to 21 and her strike goes down from S to A.

Ena's stats change slightly between 4-1 and 4-E. IIRC she goes from level 25 to 21 and her strike goes down from S to A.

Oh, well, I know there was only 1, so maybe it is Ena. :/

Untransformed tinking is actually amazing, as it raises gauge like you weren't able to retaliate, but a tink still counts as a "hit," which causes the Laguz to gain Strike. Resolve and untransformed tanking can lead to a full gauge, some free Strike, and survival, but of course Resolve is better on a transformed Laguz.

Well, yeah. If you're going to be picky, it has a different cost, uses, effectiveness and stat boost. But it's raw stats (mt, hit, wt, crit) are identical except for one point of wt.

Zihark and Eddie are the only two who can SS rank their weapon in tier two.

Both users with innate Paragon come in Part 2.

There were no playable non-royal ravens in PoR.

(At least in easy mode, I not sure about the others) If you shove the Volunteers in 2-1, they won't keep attacking you, so you can leave them alive for BEXP. Except for the Hand Axe Fighter. He'll still follow and attack you.

Personally, I think Cancel makes perfect sense, but form a different perspective. Cancel is a cheep skill, 10 points. Any Tier 1 character can wear one of those. It gives the player a legitimate excuse to play with the skill system and yet witness the difference between innate and equipped skills. Ergo "Do I apply Cancel to Edward which will get better use, or do I leave it on Leo who can use it at not cost?" Fire Emblem is a tactical game. Playing with Cancel early on like that gives the player something to do.

I see your point. However, Shade is worth 10 points and it's available when you first get access to the base. That's already an excuse to play with the skill system as such a skill would sound perfect for more frail units such as Laura and Micaiah.

If the game did everything 'right', then pft. Why bother playing the game with any tier one character? Why not just give you a team consisting of the Black Knight, the Royals, and Team Dragon and give them an innate Mantle? They're unbeatable, don't need training, and can thrash through every level they show up in.

Saying that Cancel on Leonardo makes no sense is in no way suggesting that everything should be done right. It was simply a comparison between an early decision and the final decision of the skill placed on Leonardo as the developers themselves know (and overrate) the fact that a 2 range unit often has the advantage of attacking without fear of a counter-attack and to place a skill that will do what the purpose of this unit's attributes is already doing (attacking and not being counter-attacked) is redundant. Only difference between having the skill equipped on him as opposed to simply having it on his inventory, is the small chance of Leo canceling a counter-attack from a 2-range unit which is insignificant.

Edited by Sirius

I see your point. However, Shade is worth 10 points and it's available when you first get access to the base. That's already an excuse to play with the skill system as such a skill would sound perfect for more frail units such as Laura and Micaiah.

Ermm... Technically you're right. But Shade is one of those skills with intangible benefits. "Might" cause the enemy to not target? There's nothing that ever makes it obvious to the player when the unit is not being targeted because they're undesirable, or because shade is actually kicking in. Therefore you are still going to put characters with shade in places they can't target. That makes Shade not a very fun skill to replace.

On the other side, the player is going to know when Cancel kicks in. The game gives you a very legible message. They get 3 or so chapters with it on Leonardo. There's a great chance that the message kicks in, Player goes "WTF". Checks his status, sees Cancel. Learns what it does. Thinks it isn't doing a great job. Gets to the Base, learns (s)he can replace it. From there the player can take off.

I maintain that Cancel is the skill the player 'really' wants to play with. Shade gives the user a second opportunity.

Saying that Cancel on Leonardo makes no sense is in no way suggesting that everything should be done right. It was simply a comparison between an early decision and the final decision of the skill placed on Leonardo as the developers themselves know (and overrate) the fact that a 2 range unit often has the advantage of attacking without fear of a counter-attack and to place a skill that will do what the purpose of this unit's attributes is already doing (attacking and not being counter-attacked) is redundant. Only difference between having the skill equipped on him as opposed to simply having it on his inventory, is the small chance of Leo canceling a counter-attack from a 2-range unit which is insignificant.

Before I debate your point, I should apologize for that outburst. I tend to get snappy about arguments that revolve around getting the perfect advantage in given circumstances. In my mind, by extension, a more desirable outcome with that mindset would be the perfect advantage that wasn't given to you. IE Team Invincible. But that doesn't excuse my action.

Having said that, what would you propose as a skill unit/combo that the programmers should use, with the deliberate intent of a miss match? Unlike, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn is very forgiving with removing innate skills. This is a new mechanic the player should test out.

My only restraints are that if you add a skill to Laura, then someone needs to take her place as as the skill-less unit and that the skill added should be obvious to the player.

On the other side, the player is going to know when Cancel kicks in. The game gives you a very legible message. They get 3 or so chapters with it on Leonardo. There's a great chance that the message kicks in, Player goes "WTF". Checks his status, sees Cancel. Learns what it does. Thinks it isn't doing a great job. Gets to the Base, learns (s)he can replace it. From there the player can take off.

It's really obvious when Shade kicks in. If an enemy doesn't walk up and OHKO the unit that has Shade, then you know it worked.

It's really obvious when Shade kicks in. If an enemy doesn't walk up and OHKO the unit that has Shade, then you know it worked.

And how is a Fire Emblem newbie supposed to know this? I don't deny that you can't see the effects of Shade, but that's only after you A. Know what to look for and B. Have a character in a situation where Shade would work. Shade is a bad example because they player has to know of the effects of Shade and create the situation to feel the effects. If Cancel was absent, this would be bad design.

You need the game to come to the player in the early stages. There's a reason why in most 1-1 Mario levels the first Mushroom is proceeded by a vertical barrier that causes the Mushroom to recoil and collide with a non-dextarious player. Cancel comes to the player with the HUD 'Cancel' Message. Shade does not.