Fire Emblem |影 の 夜明| 

NICKT™

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zxr5dz.png

Better?

You should just use Legault's body as a base and make the armour/clothes on that because that has some bad angle issues. :P

I rather like the design though.

I was looking at the maps I've done a few days ago, and I began putting the maps together, similar in fashion to something I did ages ago with another hack I did. Basically putting all the maps from FE8 together to try and get a decent idea where everything is.

It was at this time, that I was looking at the overworld of Magvel, and noticed something. I had originally put Weiss and co. landing on Melkaen Coast, and then heading south to Carcino, the place where you recruit Innes in the original FE8.

World_Map.jpg

Taken from Serenes Forest, one can look upon this, and say but one thing, Melkaen Coast, is no way near Teraz Plateau(idk, it's what SF says it is, but I'm still talking about the recruited Innes map*).

So, in Chapter 0, Weiss heads south. Ok, in Chapter 1, he heads kinda south west.. Following that, would end you up in Darkling Woods. o_0

So in other words, I'm scrapping chapter 1, and making him go west of Chapter 0 instead, following along the coast to Port Kiris; Where General Valora begun his journey on Magvel.

For the fourth time I've had to restart Chapter 1 of this hack, fourth time.

*sigh*

My ROM file won't even open in FE_Editor, so this time, I've got to start complete from scratch.

In other words, this thing's a bust. It's going on hold, and I don't really see any motivation from my end to do any hacking further on it.

I probably will work on other things related to it, like writing and graphics, but as for the actual hacking? It's over. I'm done.

Not that many people seemed interested in this idea in the first place, imagine me trying to get a team of decent quality together, yeesh.

Not to mention, that team would have to be productive on all fronts, as I work through what I can do quickly.

It's probably an error that I'm doing myself, but whenever I open the program into FE_Editor, it gave me a "cannot open stream" or something like that, I can't exactly check because I've deleted almost half the files of my entire computer. :awesome:

(Majority of the hack was done through FE_Editor, so to not be able to open the ROM in the program is devastating to the hack's progress, and my sanity. :mellow: )

I'm just not cut out for this kind of thing, no patience. :dry:

Edited by ∑-sigma-

I usually keep back-ups, I find it funny, it's like it knows that exact one moment I'm not keeping a back up and then it jams a broom up my butt. :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Most Recently Publicized, Recorded and Updated Timeline of Magvel.]

Around 003

- The Five Heroes, led by the Hero Grado, defeat the Demon King and seal his soul using five Sacred Stones

- Garcia retires as a general of Renais

- Joshua leaves Jehanna

- Gerik challenges General Malach to a duel

- Joshua and Caellach work as mercenaries

- Eirika and Ephraim become friends with Grado's Prince Lyon

- Gerik travels to Renais to study under Garcia

- Lyon uses Grado's Sacred Stone to peer into the future and discovers an earthquake will soon devastate Grado

- Death of Grado's Emperor Vigarde

- The Fire Emblem is split into two halves- The Sacred Stone of Grado and the "Dark Stone"

- Lyon uses the Dark Stone to reanimate Vigarde

- Gerik starts his band of mercs

- The Grado Empire invades its ally, the Kingdom of Renais

- Princess Eirika flees Renais, while Prince Ephraim goes missing

- Eirika and Ephraim reunite at Renvall

- Gerik leaves behind his mercs and joins with Eirika and Ephraim

- Ephraim's forces conquer Grado Keep

- Eirika and Ephraim defeat the Demon King at the Black Temple

- Joshua takes control of Jehanna

- Gerik regains his mercs and purges Grado Loyalists from Jehanna through Grado

- Grado is consumed by a major earthquake

- Gerik is approached by Joshua, becoming a Jehannan General

- Glen is born to Cormag and Tana

- Sabrina and Dante are born to Saleh and Myrrh

- Amelia returns home to Silva

- Duessel weds Melina

- Gabrielle was born to Joshua and Natasha

- Cormag, Knoll and Duessel start rebuilding Grado

- Forde's knighthood is revoked

- Seth and Eirika leave Renais in the hands of Ephraim

- Ephraim promotes Kyle to take Seth's place

- Franz is promoted to take Kyle's place

- Princess Elice is born to Eirika and Seth

- L'arachel and Ephraim wed

- Lauren is born to Ephraim and L'arachel

- Knoll leaves Grado and goes MIA

- Duessel becomes King of Grado

- Garcia weds Phoebe, Ross disapproves

- Cormag leaves Grado

- Mansel of Rausten passes away

- L'arachel leaves Ephraim and returns to Rausten with Lauren

- Ross challenges his father and loses

- Twins Derek and Friga are born to Forde and Vanessa

- Ross leaves Ide

- Prince Felix is born to Seth and Eirika

- Garrik is born to Amelia and Ross

- Garrik is left with Garcia and Phoebe

- Forde goes MIA

- Saleh and his family are attacked, his son and wife killed, his daughter lost to sea

- A girl washes up on the shore of Royal Alnara

- Ephraim, Joshua and Duessel join with Frelia

- Hayden becomes King of Magvel

- Mattie is born to Gilliam and Syrene

- A group of theives break into Renais Treasury

- Franz captures Colm and places him in Jail

- General Valora travels to Magvel, goes MIA

- Hayden revokes the right for lord's to hold armies

- Gerik reigns his mercs to support King Joshua of Jehanna

- Duessel returns to his wife and daughter in Silva

- Joshua leaves Johanna and disappears

- Renais and Grado fall into chaos

- Colm leaves Renais and goes to Frelia

- Tana leaves Frelia

- Riots begin in Renais

- Ephraim starts an armed force

- Eirika and Seth return to Renais to take over for Ephraim

- Rumors of Joshua throughout the streets of Frelia immerge

- Gerik leaves to be with Marisa, leaving his mercs with Natasha

- Elice joins "Cold Rain"

- Rausten joins with Carcino and forms a Senate

- Apollo joins the Carcino Senate

- Maya starts a bandit gang and takes over Jehanna Hall

- Maya kills Natasha

- Maya kills Marisa

- Maya imprisons Gabrielle and her mercs

- Groups of bandits attack religious temples in Renais

- Artur is killed

- Lute returns to her hideout in the forest

- Marco joins "Cold Rain"

- Elice takes soldiers and defeats the Muddy Cult

- Rumors of Joshua and Gerik's mercanaries begin

- A group of trained soldiers(The Wolfpack) lay seige to Grado

- A group of bandits start terrorizing citizens near Renais Castle

- Mattie becomes Prince Glen's personal guard

- General Weiss Helden travels to Magvel on King Trajan's orders

Edited by ∑-sigma-

So this is "hack that has been in progress for at least a full year, and it doesn't even have up to chapter ONE? Why bother putting so much effort into the planning, if you aren't gonna bother with the actual hacking.

So this is "hack that has been in progress for at least a full year, and it doesn't even have up to chapter ONE? Why bother putting so much effort into the planning, if you aren't gonna bother with the actual hacking.

Well, if you're going to be a jerk, I might as well humour you.

This hack, and all the sources for it, not including FE8 itself, have been in progress for at least four years. Also, this is a serious hack, with an incredibly in-depth storyline that's been worked on not only by myself, but by half an entire community on FEU when the hack was first introduced.(The entire thing here was originally a graphics project, go figure.)

Also, I'm not like other people in that I'm not just blowing wind out of my arse, I'm trying my damn hardest to make sure that everything in DoS fits with FE8, expanding on it, like a sequel should. If all you want is half assed stories by some cock-eyed internet douche bag, I'm sure you can find many hacks that'll whet your appetite, as for this hack? It's being written, and sprited, and hacked, by people who are not getting paid, who have other things to do with their lives. But they are putting all they can into this. We are not all pros, we're not Gods at what we do, but by hell we do it and we do it good.

tl;dr Good things take time, piss off.

Question: Why is gerik studying under garcia, it seems random.

Also you never mentioned who maya is(i'm assuming she's still gerik and marisa's kid at like age 16), and I still have no idea what would make her kill her own mother and father's best friend's wife.

I wanted Gerik to meet someone and train under him to explain his leadership skills, with Garcia being a retired general, it would also give me a few strings to play with in FE8.5. :newyears:

*rubs hands together*

Some questions might not get answered until the hack is done, my sincere apologies.

But rest assured, all questions asked that are not answered will not be over-looked and will be taken seriously to all extents and considerations.

In that timeline you forgot something which you would know If you look at the A support between Knoll and Natasha:

"...Within five years, half of Grado will be destroyed." "In the southern half of the continent, there will be a terrible quake. The ground will shake violently. The earth will crack open wide. Cities will fall. Fields will burn in the earth's hot blood. Few will survive. This is what we have foreseen."

also you said Colm gets arrested by Franz also in his his solo ending he becomes a chivalrous rogue helping people and with his support ending with Neimi he stops being a thief to care for Neimi and their child

also you said Colm gets arrested by Franz also in his his solo ending he becomes a chivalrous rogue helping people and with his support ending with Neimi he stops being a thief to care for Neimi and their child

I didn't want everyone to end up with children, the thought it stupid, plus a chivalrous rogue is still a rogue. :/

Doesn't the EQ happen right in the epilogue in Ephraims route, though?

*rubs chin*

My bad, I was under the impression it hadn't happened yet, I'll figure something out, maybe later tonight..

Even though progress is slow, and bad things have been happening, it's great to see this still has some life in it. This looks to still be VERY promising, and I wish you well in this endeavor. May your computer not be a troll and happy hacking!