Fire Emblem |影 の 夜明| 

NICKT™

soldier head angles don't match their helmets at all. though this might not be the place for that

I don't have enough time on my hands to focus incredibly on graphics, especially generics.

Awesome soldier sprites! They look like Renais... but they could be someone else entirely! O.O

They're RA Wyvern Riders. Renais soldiers are the default Soldier ingame, but blue.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do the helmets on those soldiers look like they are on the wrong angle >_>?

edit: oh someone said it already, I should read. My bad!

Edited by Tangerine

Is it just me or do the helmets on those soldiers look like they are on the wrong angle >_>?

It's not just you

soldier head angles don't match their helmets at all. though this might not be the place for that

and I see it too, but

I don't have enough time on my hands to focus incredibly on graphics, especially generics.

so \O__o/

It's a one man band here guys, so don't expect complete perfection in any certain area. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't strive for perfection, but just that it might not be as perfect as, let's say Dream Of Five for instance.

My apologies in advance.

I don't think is a very good excuse. It is your project so you can do whatever with it that you want but I personally believe that you should strive to make everything the best that you possibly can, not rush to get it completed. Ps. Sorry for the spam, just wanted to throw in my two cents. :p

Edited by eCut

It's a one man band here guys, so don't expect complete perfection in any certain area. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't strive for perfection, but just that it might not be as perfect as, let's say Dream Of Five for instance.

My apologies in advance.

No need to apologize. The only reason it stands out is because the design you took was intended for a different angle. If you were to fix it, all you'd need to do was make the heavier side of the design... less heavy. Essentially.

Which is a small detail that can be done at any point in development, like, right before you make a patch sort of anytime. No need to apologize for something that can't stop development :]

I don't think is a very good excuse. It is your project so you can do whatever with it that you want but I personally believe that you should strive to make everything the best that you possibly can, not rush to get it completed. Ps. Sorry for the spam, just wanted to throw in my two cents. :p

Between all my other commitments, the time I get to allocate to this Rom Hack as it stands is minimal as it is, further of it needs to be divided up between all the aspects of the hack. This of course is obviously relying on the hinge that I actually am motivated to do so, so personally I feel it's at least a decent excuse.

I tried though, how is this:

99ni21.png

It's not perfect, but it's a step one, I hope, in the right direction.

I also changed the palette so that it is a little easier to differentiate between the Winged Scouts and the First Sky Fleet Generic.

Edited by ∑-sigma-

I can't imagine their armor bogs them down too much when their primary form of scouting is through the air. Even scout vehicles & planes in wartime can be fairly heavily armored in order to protect the driver/pilot in the event that they are discovered, so they can escape with whatever information they retrieved more soundly :P:.

It could be a tiny bit excessive though, it kinda looks like knight/general armor? It's just the shoulder plates that look a bit too big; I imagine they would protect the neck from arrows better than if they were lighter or shaped differently, but maybe that's thinking a little too hard on the subject :O.

Edited by Tangerine

I was thinking the same thing earlier, so I'll get around to changing it, soon, hopefully, maybe..

W.I.P

zluu.png

Collars are so easy and so sexy. =3

Edited by ∑-sigma-

hmm, maybe it's me, but the helmet doesn't seem to be in same direction as the face. Also, I think that the helmet is a bit too round, like there were some free space between each side of the head and the helmet : the head wouldn't have a good support. If we compare with alctual helmets from FE 6,7,8 that are more adjust to the head.

I just took the top of the head off my Clone Trooper mug. Star Wars, heh. c:

But hopefully the mug is decent now, just waiting for bug fixes and then I'll get to the ending scene for Chapter 1.

To be completely honest I hate the helmet. :/ It looks like something a construction worker would wear stuck to an actual helmet. The rest of it's good, it's just that part that ruins it.

I have to agree with Dr. Sholes, but a simple fix would be to remove the hardhat ridge, or turn it into something else, add spikes, a centurions horse-mane-brush-thingy (YES that is in fact the correct term), or even double up the amount of ridges to make it more uniform-y rather than hardhat-y.

At the risk of getting torn apart here, when i say simple fix, i mean i tried spriting & hacking and frankly sucked at both, but i have interesting ideas.

now his head is disconnected. and he looks too lightly armored now. i get that he's suppose to be non battle unit, but it looks like he doesn't even have armor on. just shoulder pads connected to cloth. helmet does look better though and that's the important part.