Opposing Views: Sick of Hearing Christians Claim "Religious Discrimination"

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was a disgusting opinion to read. How moral is it to turn a deaf ear to someone because they don't believe in a deity? Is it truly that much a stretch?

Makes me wonder if their God is the only thing between them and being moraless in themselves. Really, if the only thing between you and madness is the fear that God/a god/whatever won't pay for your rent in heaven...Wait a minute, how is that moral in the first place? That's only doing it because you get something good out of it. Wouldn't it be moral to just make a a personal decision not to be a shitstain of a human being?

Facepalm-worthy, really. I always feel slightly more braindead when fellow Christians assume that belief in God makes one righteous; if God created us the same as He created anyone else, then not only did he instill morals in believers from birth, he instilled morals in ALL HUMANS. There are much better ways to keep a Christian body in a nation and gain converts than making the BS claim that anyone who isn't them is immoral. It's wrong and bigoted on so many levels to think that one is better than another, and to also hold that God created all in His own Image, and that He has written the laws on the hearts of all mankind; woe to the believer who acts with no compassion and is filled only with hate, but blessed be the one who does not believe yet acts righteously. We should be no stranger to the fact that hypocrites do and always have existed in the faith, nor should we plug our ears when one of our number is revealed to be hateful and a liar; we should press him to repent of his ways and be once again upstanding and good before the God he believes in.

To those who do not believe and are truly good people regardless, blessed are you, even if you ignore this religious gesture.

To those who do not believe and are truly good people regardless, blessed are you, even if you ignore this religious gesture.

That's one of the nicest things I've heard in some time. :wub:

I wish it were status quo. But, sadly... >__>

I doesn't, unless Stalin and Hitler and Mao and so forth were considering voting for him. The only statement he made was that Atheism causes brutality, and he gave the reasons that are supported by the athiest's beliefs. That since there's no consequences, you can do whatever the hell you want, and that, in turn causes brutality. I don't know what the problem is. Is this not true?

I'm sorry, but it's just amazing to me to run into something so very facepalm.

1: From this point of view, there are no consequences in catholicism as long as you don't have a heart attack between murder and confession.

2: It seems extremely obvious to me that even without divine punishment, there are still consequences for people who commit crimes not condoned by others. I'm not making an argument that atheists are internally more/less moral than anyone else. I'm simply pointing out that consequences exist independently of god, and you're an idiot to have missed that.

3: Also, comparing the people you are debating with to hitler is generally considered to be a sign that you've lost your argument.

Most of the rest has already been said. The one other thing I'd like to do is extend some goodwill towards janissary. IMO his opinion was not expressed in a particularly hostile manner so I'm not sure why the backlash was so strong.

Edited by SeverIan

SO glad that I neither live there nor go to public school. That's absolutely awful. Of course, I don't really go to religious sites anyways, but still. Also, how is atheism mysticism? It's like as far away from mysticism as you can get.

SO glad that I neither live there nor go to public school. That's absolutely awful. Of course, I don't really go to religious sites anyways, but still. Also, how is atheism mysticism? It's like as far away from mysticism as you can get.

The point is that atheism isn't mysticism, which is exactly why the grounds from blocking atheist sites are null.