Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I had just started Book 2 of Mystery of the Emblem yesterday. And now a remake has been announced. I just hope it isn't a straight translation like Shadow Dragon was. Expand on the story, give better dialogue, bring back all promotions (create a promotion for Marth, let thieves become rogues or assassins, etc.), seperate pegknights from dracoknights if you can, and an RD style support system (I won't demand actual conversations since I understand their absence from SD. Characters too bland and it'd be too much work).

And can NOA and NOE agree on the names this time? <_<

It's still a shame we aren't getting a NEW new FE. That poor RD engine is going to waste...

On this subject, every pre-promote except Lorenz will be better.

EDIT: Forgot Midia was in the game. She'll be worse.

Roshea. Abel. :(

Also, the game'll need axe men. Desperately.

People are likely to disagree, but I think they should remove reclassing

It took away the uniqueness of some characters >_>

I very much agree with this point.

Ugh how lame. Not only is it on DS but its also a damn remake...

Pretty much how I feel as well. If I get a chance to play it, I'd like to, since nothing really drives me to play the ol' FE3 and hopefully it won't feel so dated which Shadow Dragon, for me, did.

However, I did like the musical score of FE11 a great deal, so this new one will likely be pleasing to spectate, probably. (no DS, so I never expect to play it anytime soon; haven't had any luck with emulating the system, either)

Also, the mysterious cloaked character and the one shown behind Marth on the logo... it would be easy to assume that this is Sirius, and it might be, but comparing the two... the hair is different, and that looks like a sword, not a lance. You know who that figure reminds me most of? Roy. Weird, I know... it can't be Roy, unless those talks of a crossover Fire Emblem have actually come to pass... but I think it must be a new character, so I'm suspecting the game will have a whole new side story that runs parallel to the main story.

Either that or it's Alm? Fire Emblem Gaiden does happen in the same world and time as Shadow Dragon, after all. Nah. New main character I suspect. He'll be the Hero of Shadow mentioned in the new title.

I would love if it's really Alm. That will make it interesting to see Gaiden included in the story.

Anyway, I'm just hoping that the cloaked figure won't be another "insert name here" tactician style like in FE7. That would be suck, a lot. >_>

If I get a chance to play it, I'd like to, since nothing really drives me to play the ol' FE3 and hopefully it won't feel so dated which Shadow Dragon, for me, did.

If you think Shadow Dragon feels outdated, then you'd have a really awful time with the original FE1.

On this subject, every pre-promote except Lorenz will be better.

EDIT: Forgot Midia was in the game. She'll be worse.

Their is still tons of time for IS to screw up the balance.

Some game designer at IS right now: "Hm... Minerva is too good. I have an idea. Let's screw her bases over completely! WAIT! Let's screw all the pre-promo's over! This will ensure people wanna use crappy units like est! AHA I AM A GENIUS! ALSO LET'S TAKE OUT THE SHARDS SO PEOPLE THINK THIS GAME IS BALANCED!"

Ya know... Honestly I still find it amazing how useless half the classes in SD were on top of how the majority of the characters in that game were utter shit. I know RD had ridiculous growths but damn. Their was no incentive to even take proper advantage of the class swap system due to how crappy most characters bases were on top of how bad the growths were all around. You just ended up sticking to sniper/draco as class A or you were a hero/general as class B. And if you were a mage who wasn't promoted you ended up going healer/sage. Their was no balance at all in the class swap system. Their was simply good classes and bad classes.

Edited by Lancelot

I guess its time for me to return, the FE info drought made me put other games first in terms of priority. I really hope they do away with the gaiden characters' requirements of sacrificing units though there still should be one character that requires a sacrifice to obtain, Nagi is my choice. I wonder if the priestesses will be weak as hell as they were in the original FE3.

First off, I wanna say that I'm quite interested to see what changes are to be made. It's pretty obvious they'd have done this next, since most of the world hasn't played the game because it was never released worldwide, and it's a logical next step since it's a sequel to FEDS, so 'm not too broken up about it being another remake.

Also, the game'll need axe men. Desperately.

I think a good portion of funding actually comes from the Silver Axes scattered about the game.

They better raise Sirius's stats

Thats the only reason im buying it <_<

Sirius needs to be nerfed. He was almost the best character in the original.

Half of the early game cast needs to be nerfed, actually.

I would love if it's really Alm. That will make it interesting to see Gaiden included in the story.
This would be the absolute best thing they could do. Edited by Ilyana

Sirius needs to be nerfed. He was almost the best character in the original.

Half of the early game cast needs to be nerfed, actually.

This would be the absolute best thing they could do.

What's wrong with Sirius being the best? I see nothing wrong...

There is a difference between being the best and being too good.

Also, the animations in Shadow Dragon were fine, I hope they don't change the style at all, only improve it.

Edited by Ilyana

Some game designer at IS right now: "Hm... Minerva is too good. I have an idea. Let's screw her bases over completely! WAIT! Let's screw all the pre-promo's over! This will ensure people wanna use crappy units like est! AHA I AM A GENIUS! ALSO LET'S TAKE OUT THE SHARDS SO PEOPLE THINK THIS GAME IS BALANCED!"

Their nerfing and buffing thought process is far more illogical than that. It would look a bit more like this.

"You know, Ryan was too good in the original. Let's take 2 points off his speed base."

Ya know... Honestly I still find it amazing how useless half the classes in SD were on top of how the majority of the characters in that game were utter shit. I know RD had ridiculous growths but damn. Their was no incentive to even take proper advantage of the class swap system due to how crappy most characters bases were on top of how bad the growths were all around. You just ended up sticking to sniper/draco as class A or you were a hero/general as class B. And if you were a mage who wasn't promoted you ended up going healer/sage. Their was no balance at all in the class swap system. Their was simply good classes and bad classes.

True that Class Swap didn't save people from being crap, but it did save a few characters, because just imagine it without Class Swap.

You want a real gamebreaker? Look at forging slayer weapons, like the freaking Wing Spear.

What's wrong with Sirius being the best? I see nothing wrong...

I think the idea is that characters like Sirius and Paola who join early, start out ridiculously powerful and stay powerful break the game That's what I'm thinking at least. :\

And to another poster, I don't see any reason why Sirius' base stats need to be improved. He could keep his current bases and growths and still remain an above average character (especially if orbs still increase growth rates).

That came out wrong

They should get their own pallets

Oh, okay.
Grandjackal's post
Don't respond to Lancelot, FEDS did a great job improving balance compared to some of the previous games. There are less things broken in SD than in other games. Edited by Ilyana

You want a real gamebreaker? Look at forging slayer weapons, like the freaking Wing Spear.

Forging almost any weapon you want was a nice novelty but that's all, really.

Don't respond to Lancelot, FEDS did a great job improving balance compared to some of the previous games. There are less things broken in SD than in other games.

Where were you when I was arguing about FESD balance in that thread in my sig? :(