So, who's disappointed in IS for splitting FE3 into 2 games?

Several of my friends are bawwwwwwwwwing over the fact they now have to spend $70 to get a full remake of FE3. What are your thoughts and opinions on this?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say I bet those friends of yours are also ones who pay to play WoW forever and ever.

But seriously, it's kind of miffing, but it depends on how much they do with the damn game first. Can't really judge it right now. I can tell you right now, if the had included FE3 with FE1 in the remake, I still would be bitching at the game because of how mediocre it was, since the same effort would have been used.

Hypotheticals are fun.

I completely discarded the possibility of both books being released in 1 game the second it was said that FESD would be a remake of FE1 so I'm not disappointed.

I'm actually looking forward to this one and also hopping there's no unreasonable/foolish nerfing (who am I kidding? Of course there will be >_>).

Edited by Speedwagon

The games were announced like two years apart, I really don't think they decided to remake book 2 until after the first one sold enough.

Since I didn't buy Shadow Dragon, here's my excuse to buy Book 2 whether or not it has Book 1 along with it. unless pokemon comes out first. otherwise, screw fe, imma get my wotter!

It was kind of expected they would pull this sort of stunt...

Edited by Chalis

I don't get what you're saying. Shadow Dragon wasn't really "Book 1" of Mystery of the Emblem in the first place, as Shadow Dragon was more of a straight remake of FE1. Book 1 was an abridged version of FE1 and would be far too short to stand on its own. Where are you getting this idea that they're gonna "split it" when the game has just been announced with no more details than the title indicating that it's a remake and a teaser featuring Marth, his army, and this unknown person beside him?

Was planning to say what Haar said, but he beat me to it. Wasn't the meat of FE3 Book 2, and Book 1 was only included as a bonus - more like Lyn's Mode - because it was the SNES instead of the NES or osmethne?

I don't get what you're saying. Shadow Dragon wasn't really "Book 1" of Mystery of the Emblem in the first place, as Shadow Dragon was more of a straight remake of FE1. Book 1 was an abridged version of FE1 and would be far too short to stand on its own. Where are you getting this idea that they're gonna "split it" when the game has just been announced with no more details than the title indicating that it's a remake and a teaser featuring Marth, his army, and this unknown person beside him?

This man is wise.

What Haar said, really. I can't see them splitting the Books. I haven't played FE3, but I am guessing from comments so far that the bulk of it is Book 2. By splitting it into two seperate games, who would bother buying Book 1 when we already have Shadow Dragon?

I think the point, Raven, was that Josh's friends were seeing it not as FEDS is a remake of FE1 and FEDS2 is a remake of FE3, but rather as FEDS was a remake of FE3 Book 1 and FEDS2 is a remake of FE3 Book 2. I don't think anybody thinks that they're splitting FE3 into two games, but they'd think that they've already split it and are trying to milk us for the second half. Did that make sense?

Was planning to say what Haar said, but he beat me to it. Wasn't the meat of FE3 Book 2, and Book 1 was only included as a bonus - more like Lyn's Mode - because it was the SNES instead of the NES or osmethne?

That sounds about true. I seem to recall in one of the interviews that Book 1 was added since FE3 was a direct sequel to FE1 and they didn't want newcomers to feel left out. Book 2 was always intended to be the actual FE3.

Book 2 has about the same number of chapters as Book 1, but it has more than twice the amount of dialogue. There a few chapters where Marth takes a huge detour and nothing really happens plot-wise though (well, I suppose you do learn some important facts there).

Edited by VincentASM

I think the point, Raven, was that Josh's friends were seeing it not as FEDS is a remake of FE1 and FEDS2 is a remake of FE3, but rather as FEDS was a remake of FE3 Book 1 and FEDS2 is a remake of FE3 Book 2. I don't think anybody thinks that they're splitting FE3 into two games, but they'd think that they've already split it and are trying to milk us for the second half. Did that make sense?

So basically FEDS1 = FE3 Book 1

and FEDS2 = FE3 Book 2

If so then I understand now.

If this is the case, then I don't really think I would care, to be honest. I haven't even finished FEDS1, so this would give me reason to do so.

Edited by Raven

So basically FEDS1 = FE3 Book 1

and FEDS2 = FE3 Book 2

If so then I understand now.

If this is the case, then I don't really think I would care, to be honest. I haven't even finished FEDS1, so this would give me reason to do so.

Just disregard the Book 1 concept entirely.

FEDS = FE1

FEDS2 = FE3 Book 2

I'm still waiting for my FE4 remake.

Eh, I'm quite excited about it. I don't think it's too shady of them if this is "merely" book 2 - after all, we DO have a very nice remake of FE1/FE3 Book 1 (whichever way you'd like to think about it) that's recent enough that a Book 1 doesn't need to be included, but also not so near to the present that it seems like they could have taken care of it in one game. Obviously FE11 sold well enough that they felt a sequel was a good idea, and FE3 was a logical choice.

Book 1 was a half-assed remake of FE1. Oh, and it was piss easy.

The 2nd book was far better.

Shadow Dragon remade FE1. And the addition of other difficulties was a great thing.

I fail to see the problem with Book 2 being remade.

I completely discarded the possibility of both books being released in 1 game the second it was said that FESD would be a remake of FE1 so I'm not disappointed.

I'm actually looking forward to this one and also hopping there's no unreasonable/foolish nerfing (who am I kidding? Of course there will be >_>).

Don't forget that they're going to make random units nobody cared about before break the game.

Machis for Top tier. Just watch.

Yeah, I remember GJ arguing that, I better drop him real quick.

Looking back at it, only reason I'd say that's fine is because he's a cocksucker with lances, forcing him to take up the "sword armor" deal by dismounting and cutting off his move to have any sort of offense that doesn't blow donkey dick, which cuts into his versatility.

However, his base durability and the fact he actually has pretty good offense dismounted, I could at least see him upper mid, or mid, just not low.

EDIT: Also, Ninji, how can Roshea be the new Wolf if he joins at near the end of the freaking game?

Also, knowing IS, they'll probably remove 2 speed off Ryan's base.

Edited by Master Tang

Book 1 was a half-assed remake of FE1. Oh, and it was piss easy.

WTF? Piss easy? Did you just beat the tutorial? There were 5 difficulty levels. I can understand if people aren't liking some of the choices made in the game, but piss easy is not one of them. The game is good enough for people of all skill levels.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ