So, what's all this bullshit about Hikarusa not being able to post?

Didn't he change his name to Stupid Nigger and not get any kind of reaction to it? If so then I'm not sure what the staff is smoking.

Nah, he got warned, then got suspended when he made a mocking topic about how he couldn't change it due to no name changes.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why even challenge the administration if you know for a fact that they have the balls to ban you without a decent enough reasion? SF isn't North Korea or anything, but you shouldn't be surprised when stuff like this happens. Nothing wrong with bringing it to everyone's attention and stating your feelings on it though either I guess.

Slightly off topic:

I had a weird dream last night that I got a warn for posting a picture of a anime style teenager dressed similar to Ash Ketchum in FFtF(minus the hat). It was weird because the picture was relatively harmless and broke no rules. I nearly got banned for it too. Weird.

EDIT: Wait ... "Stupid Nigger" was one of his names? :facepalm: I've got a feeling the ban was based on Hika's cumulative activities(posts and name changes), not just the recent one. I wonder how many warns he had.

Edited by Phoenix

Why even challenge the administration if you know for a fact that they have the balls to ban you without a decent enough reasion? SF isn't North Korea or anything, but you shouldn't be surprised when stuff like this happens. Nothing wrong with bringing it to everyone's attention and stating your feelings on it though either I guess.

Just because I shouldn't be surprised when stuff like this happens (though I am a bit surprised), doesn't mean it's not stupid when stuff like this happens.

Nah, he got warned, then got suspended when he made a mocking topic about how he couldn't change it due to no name changes.

Just warned for the name change and suspended for the mocking topic?

Uh, cool, I guess.

Just because I shouldn't be surprised when stuff like this happens (though I am a bit surprised), doesn't mean it's not stupid when stuff like this happens.

If this place is that important to him, he'll probably be back in two weeks or less with an alt or something :mellow:

If this place is that important to him, he'll probably be back in two weeks or less with an alt or something :mellow:

I honestly doubt he will. He's not the type to try that.

Haha, my Internet's been crapping up on me all day. Okay, so making this quick:

The reason he's not in the banned members group is 1)None of the admins have gotten to it yet and 2)If it comes to it, the "permanent suspension" can be easily reversed by any simple mod. Now the reason he's "suspended" right now was not simply the latest name change, but his long warn record. If Hika didn't have such a long warn record (and maybe had this been his first controversial name change), the punishment/reaction wouldn't have been this severe.

Well, anyway, that's what I know of the situation. This issue itself is still under discussion in the staff board, so...yeah.

The reason he's not in the banned members group is 1)None of the admins have gotten to it yet and 2)If it comes to it, the "permanent suspension" can be easily reversed by any simple mod. Now the reason he's "suspended" right now was not simply the latest name change, but his long warn record. If Hika didn't have such a long warn record (and maybe had this been his first controversial name change), the punishment/reaction wouldn't have been this severe.

Well, anyway, that's what I know of the situation. This issue itself is still under discussion in the staff board, so...yeah.

Thank you for actually responding and explaining.

Did he hit 100% Warn?

His history is likely being used as evidence to support a "He's just a troublemaker" case. If that's true, it wouldn't need to hit a 100%, it would only need to have added up to it given past warns that are no longer active.

My own warns would be 40% total if they weren't deleted.

But I do hope the mods consider that his "trolling" isn't serious, and his intentions are bad, but usually are to stop making some people take evrything so seriously by being the way he is.

Oh, another one for the banned group? Okay.

Edit:

And Hikarusa would rather you don't raise a fuss about it.

Probably because in a few weeks, he'll create an alt, and come on back.

EDIT: Wait ... "Stupid Nigger" was one of his names? :facepalm: I've got a feeling the ban was based on Hika's cumulative activities(posts and name changes), not just the recent one. I wonder how many warns he had.

And you're damn right.

This.

Thank you for actually responding and explaining.

Did he hit 100% Warn?

He doesn't need to.

He actually only hit 40% Warn, which makes me wonder why his history matters so much...

When you've been warned a total of 14 times in your history of being on the forums, and purposely try to see how far you can toe the line without getting warned, you're asking to be banned. I predicted this a long time ago for Hikarusa. I didn't do the banning here, but I did cement it in place.

I've quoted below Hikarusa's response to his ban. Before someone brings my attention to the fact that I am in some small capacity acting as an intermediary circumvention to his ban, note that I am aware of and acknowledge this. If the administration decides my posting it is improper, then so be it, but I've not elected to post it out of ill will; as far as I can make out, his response is perfectly relevant to the topic at hand.

Heeey Jyooooooooooooo' date='

You said that I've had a total of 14 warns in my time spent here. ALRIGHT, LET'S HAVE FUN WITH THIS.

I was warned for naming myself God because it was supposedly 'offenive'. Do you know who else had like 10 names that were Gods or something? Jarly. Was he warned for any of them? No. You need to be consistent with your warns, SO LET'S SEE, 10 VS 1? GEE, I GUESS THAT JARLY'S GONNA HAVE TO GET WARNED TEN TIMES AFTER BEING BANNED OR YOU CAN MAKE THAT WARN STOP COUNTING HUH. Yeah, I could push this further but really now, I shouldn't need to, and something just being offensive is so painfully subjective that you're gonna need to come up with something consistent for it, or even a rule at all. There is no rule against offending people.

I was warned for the name 'Destiny Faggot' suddenly after being named 'Retarded Faggot' for like a month or something without any kind of warnings (verbal or otherwise). Yeah. I guess that's 12 if you don't wanna be stupid about this huh.

I was warned for naming myself 'Stupid Nigger'. Fireman had 'nigger' in his sig for months before I got this warn, and not only was I not flaming anyone (except myself, technically), but I was warned for being offensive. Offending who? Why should anyone care? Why do I need to get warned because I changed my name to say that not only am I a nigger, but I am a stupid nigger? 11/12

After getting warned for this, I got warned and suspended for making a retarded joke thread because I was a 'drama whore'. What the hell Shuuda. ok, that's 10 or 11 warns.

And now we get to 'White People Suck'. The entire reason behind me changing my name to this was the fact that Jarly never got warned for something I got warned for because of something subjective as fuck like 'offending people'. I had a history of being warned for 'being offensive' or whatever the fuck, so I completely forgot that the 'no prejudicial comments' rule existed and I was warned entirely based on how I worded it. I did not offend anyone with this name (except Crash hurr). You could say that I shouldn't have forgotten that rule existed, but really now? It took almost a week after I changed my name to get banned, let alone suspended, let alone [i']warned[/i]. There is no reason it should have taken that long if the staff hadn't forgotten the ruled existed too, and really now, why should I remember a rule exists if the staff doesn't remember it exists? And I was banned without being told in advance, or without having any simple way of contact with any of the staff except Fireman (who is rarely on) and Speedwagon (who I have to annoy other people to talk to), other than e-mail which is completely worthless for discussion (not that I'm good at writing down what I'm thinking at the time I initially think it 8E).

So there, 9-11 warns (OH NO THAT'S SO FUCKING OFFENSIVE) depending on how nice you wanna be. And I've been an active member for 2 and a half years, so that's an average of about 2 warns per 6 month period. Looking at it like that, am I really that horrible of a person? I mean really now? Hell, even if you keep it at 14 warns, that's like 1 warn per 2 months on average (although I've only gotten 2 warns in the past 6 months so take that as you will). Is that really such a huge amount? I mean really now?

When you've been warned a total of 14 times in your history of being on the forums, and purposely try to see how far you can toe the line without getting warned, you're asking to be banned. I predicted this a long time ago for Hikarusa. I didn't do the banning here, but I did cement it in place.

Jyo. What the fuck? I know you're just going to ignore what I post or warn me for some stupid reason (not like it would be the first time), but seriously, what are you smoking?

I know you're not a stupid person, so why do you have to keep making these terrible administrative choices?

How was Hikarusa asking to be banned? Seeing how far you can toe the line without getting warned isn't asking to be banned, it's a fairly acceptable and normal thing for someone to do. He wasn't disrupting the forum, he was only even POTENTIALLY disrupting those looking to be disrupted. There is nothing wrong with being warned a lot, especially given the fact that he has had more time to gain those warns than pretty much everyone else on the forum. Fuck, I've had 10 Warns in way less time than he's been here, I guess you should ban me too, eh? I bet if you check other people's warns and their time here you'll find a lot of members should be banned.

Seriously, how in the world do you even think this is a good idea? What do you gain?

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Um, wow. Hikarusa makes a pretty convincing case there, bringing in such concepts as "precedents" and "consistency." Those are both valid concepts, and ones that the administration should strive to follow.

---------------------------------------------------------

And it looks like Joshua's trying to shoot himself in the foot AGAIN, and right away when he gets back from his long break. Nice to see you haven't lost this touch ;)