Remaking the FE Games

Ewan101

So, Nintendo's obviously running out of ideas for Fire Emblem (that or trying to write an epic game that's taking years to make), so they're re-releasing old games on new systems. First was Dragon of Darkness and Sword of Light, now they're remaking Mystery of the Emblem. So, my theory is that, aside from Gaiden, they're going to remake the first six games that were not released in America. Does anyone else think this may be true? If so, which game would you be most excited for?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE4 and FE5 won't be remade due to incest being part of the plot plus the low demand for them. FE6 might get remade eventually though.

Aww, darn. I never could finish FE4. Thought maybe I could if they remade it. XD Never played FE5. I REALLY hope they remake FE6, though. Roy is my brother's favorite character in Fire Emblem ever since SSBM. And it's my favorite game. :) It's really hard though. I haven't even finished it without using cheats. XD I used the FE6 Super patch. Haha.

I think they're remaking FE's 1 and 3 to attract more people to the series with Marth. I think that they'll go back to new games soon.

They remade 1 and they are going to remake 3

You know, remaking the SNES games aren't bad ideas at all, they were consider the best of the series after all. As for the incest, they can either censor that or rate the game Rated T.

FE6 seems to new to me to remake. I don't think it has aged so poorly to the point that it already needs a remake.

Except that they never actually released it in English... it's not so much 'it aged poorly' as 'they could squeeze some easy cash out of Americans with something they haven't released before'.

Perhaps they're doing this mainly as a follow-up to Shadow Dragon. Given that they released Shadow Dragon two years ago, they should be nearly done, so maybe they'll be able to FINALLY WORK ON ANOTHER ADVANCE WARS make a new Fire Emblem continuity?

Edited by Anouleth

No love for fe2...Why would they skip over it i wonder? Maybe they'll make 3 then make 2?

You know, remaking the SNES games aren't bad ideas at all, they were consider the best of the series after all. As for the incest, they can either censor that or rate the game Rated T.

Amen to that!

It had darker themes yes, but that's what made it so real! that's pretty much how medieval ages were..save the dark god thing and other details but the incest was definitely there! The holy blood system, the holy weapons, the story, the drama! It was all so perfect, so nintendo has no reason not to remake it...preferably on a console. Fe4 in an updated 3d style from snes to wii....i'd die happily!

-Eriad-

FINALLY WORK ON ANOTHER ADVANCE WARS

While I'd like to see a new AW too I feel the need to point out that during the NES and SNES days there was only one Famicom Wars game each (with SFW being very similiar to the original) alongside a few Gameboy games, but those were developed by Hudson anyway.

It wasn't until the GBA that we've been getting such a huge and steady influx of AW games, so you shouldn't be suprised if the gap will start to widen again.

If they make another remake they will most likely remake FE6 due to the fact that it has Roy in it and people fangasm(ed) over Roy in SSBM and would probably kill to play a game with him in it.

Edited by Joey

I think that Gaiden couldn't really take a remake since it's so different from the rest of the series. At that point, it was sort of experimenting, but by now, FE is a well defined game. Unless they drastically changed Gaiden, it wouldn't work.

If they make another remake they will most likely remake FE6 due to the fact that it has Roy in it and people fangasm(ed) over Roy in SSBM and would probably kill to play a game with him in it.

This, though I hope if/when they remake FE6, they add in easter eggs from FE7. Maybe add an adult Erk or Sain as one of your units and give confirmation on who the hell Roy and Lilina's parents are. (And if Roy's mother is Ninian, work his being 1/4 dragon into the plot).

FE6 might be "too new" to remake, but Western audiences haven't seen it and it is a little "primitive" compared to the other GBA FEs, so a remake might be worth doing.

Edited by El Rey León

I think that Gaiden couldn't really take a remake since it's so different from the rest of the series. At that point, it was sort of experimenting, but by now, FE is a well defined game. Unless they drastically changed Gaiden, it wouldn't work.

Huh? Everything in Gaiden has been done in The Sacred Stones o__o

Alright, they are missing actual walking on the map, but I could see that happening again.

People apparently didn't like that game though, which is probably why they decided not to remake Gaiden.

I don't want no FE6 remake. The game has nothing to really update, and is perfectly playable to anyone that cares enough. It'd just be a waste of time and effort.

I disagree fully. They aren't "running" out of ideas. They're formally introducing Marth (and possibly Roy, which I feel is likely to happen).

After the FE6 possible remake, we'll see a new story. There's no way, sadly, that we'll get the "same" experience from a remake of FE4 or FE5 either. Too much censoring. I think the new story will take some features from both, though.

For FE4 and FE5, I guess we have to stick to emulators.

That is of course, if my hypothesis is correct. I'm hoping it's not, as I want a portable FE4 and FE5...

Edited by MGS: Metal Gear Solid

Call me optimistic, but I don't think that much censoring would be required to remake FE4. All the incest stuff could simply be taken out or downplayed like playing off Eltshan and Lachesis like Raven and Priscilla and take out conversations that make it explicit, such as that infamous Aless and Nanna Talk. I think they can still get away Alvis/Diadora, after all they're manipulated into it.

I don't think there really is anything else objectionable that hasn't made it into other FEs already. The large maps might be a hard sell, though.

I don't think FE5 has anything worth censoring at all.

Seisen doesn't even have enough number of maps to match up a typical Fire Emblem, conveniently ignoring the fact that it is just as wildly different from the rest of the series as Gaiden was. Wait, no, it might actually be far more different, since at least Gaiden has a close relative in the form of Sacred Stones.

lololol Metroid prime Fire Emblem Elibe trilogy

All they have to do is add in some cannon ivolving Eleanora, Uther, Elbert and Young Marcus. Come to think of there would be a fare few veteran characters they could use. Or the Black Fang being portrayed like the Greil Mercs.

Yes I know thats even more unlikely then getting Hika, OxR, Jarly and Destiny Hero unbanned.