Resource Allocation Topic

maybe I should give it to Tanith then, I think I had her a speed transfer.

idk who to send to what route though.

Where does Astrid fit best? Ike's route or Elincia's?

Ike's. Even though Astrid needs an insanely inflated level to double reliably, it isn't covered in thicket like 4-2. Seriously, I forgot how much there is in that chapter when I tried to have Tauroneo do something. Thankfully, my team was like Jill/Elincia/Tibarn/Ulki/Janaff, and Ulki/Janaff had Tear. Tauroneo ended up babysitting Pelleas in a corner.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astrid would be better off on the Bench's team.

If we're being serious though...I wouldn't know. She doesn't seem helpful anywhere.

I'm not benching Astrid, she's going to be my double bow user unless I decide to use Shinnon and I'm not going to use him for endgame, Rolf is out of the options as well and unless Leonardo levels up faster I'm leaning towards Astrid.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I'm not benching Astrid, she's going to be my double bow user unless I decide to use Shinnon and I'm not going to use him for endgame, Rolf is out of the options as well and unless Leonardo levels up faster I'm leaning towards Astrid.

I'll have to agree with Slowking Anouleth and say Ike's route.

Why the bias against shinnon??

Why the bias against shinnon??

I'm playing a little differently from Interceptor.

Instead of Shinnon I'll take Leonardo or Astrid

Instead of Mia I'll take Stefan, Edward or Zihark

Instead of Nephenee I'll take somebody else.

I'm playing a little differently from Interceptor.

Instead of Shinnon I'll take Leonardo or Astrid

Instead of Mia I'll take Stefan, Edward or Zihark

Instead of Nephenee I'll take somebody else.

that's perfectly fine. but i don't understand your reasoning, what GMs do you use? shinnon, mia, and neph are 3 of the best GMs, and iirc you don't use Gatrie, P3 provides a lot of exp so why not use a numerous amount of mercs? i have actually successfully trained 8 including Ike.

When is it adequate to promote Laura?

that's perfectly fine. but i don't understand your reasoning, what GMs do you use? shinnon, mia, and neph are 3 of the best GMs, and iirc you don't use Gatrie, P3 provides a lot of exp so why not use a numerous amount of mercs? i have actually successfully trained 8 including Ike.

I do use Gatrie, he's level 18 right now and I use all of them even if a little but for endgame most of them are not going.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

For Laura, probably as soon as possible. I can't see her gaining much benefit otherwise. Bishop/Saint caps are so low anyway, and she's really just there to Staff Chick.

In my opinion, promote Laura at the start of 3-13, or at level 10 (whichever comes first). The one time that she actually needs her promotion bonuses is when she has access to the Sleep staff, so every stat point counts.

In my opinion, promote Laura at the start of 3-13, or at level 10 (whichever comes first). The one time that she actually needs her promotion bonuses is when she has access to the Sleep staff, so every stat point counts.

I just finished 3-13 and she used Sleep Staff, however she's still not promoted I was undecided to give that last master seal to her or someone else. She's in level 11 btw, should I give her master seal start part 4?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Seems irrelevant to me. An 18/1 Aran is just about as useless in Part 4 as an 18/0 Aran. I think that the opportunity to get measurable performance increases out of a Master Seal has passed; that bus left the station somewhere in Part 3 and is now halfway to Cincinnati.

Seems irrelevant to me. An 18/1 Aran is just about as useless in Part 4 as an 18/0 Aran. I think that the opportunity to get measurable performance increases out of a Master Seal has passed; that bus left the station somewhere in Part 3 and is now halfway to Cincinnati.

These are his stats, is he better off in the bench boat?

Unit       Lvl HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Aran     17.92 28 20  0 20 14 11 19  6  A Nolan

These are his stats, is he better off in the bench boat?

Unit       Lvl HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Aran     17.92 28 20  0 20 14 11 19  6  A Nolan

of course he is.

The only use for Aran at this point is to provide his support bonuses to Nolan. Giving him a Master Seal will not stop him from getting doubled and ORKO'ed by almost everything, nor will it even make him good at weakening. Fortunately it appears that he can barely survive a hit from the Purge bishop, so there's that.

The only use for Aran at this point is to provide his support bonuses to Nolan. Giving him a Master Seal will not stop him from getting doubled and ORKO'ed by almost everything, nor will it even make him good at weakening. Fortunately it appears that he can barely survive a hit from the Purge bishop, so there's that.

Poor Aran :sob:

well he wasn't as useful as Nolan so I gave more kills to Nolan and Jill instead of all the other DB. I do like the support, it helps Nolan a lot.

Nolan missed 70% of the hits irrc.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I generally kill Msr. Purge on turn 1, to stop him killing Leanne. And also because he's pretty annoying in general.

But I'd get cracking on NolanxJill, unless you plan on bringing Aran's worthless ass into Endgame just so he can give Nolan a support bonus.

Poor Aran :sob:

well he wasn't as useful as Nolan so I gave more kills to Nolan and Jill instead of all the other DB. I do like the support, it helps Nolan a lot.

Nolan missed 70% of the hits irrc.

70% is quite alot, and nolan and jill are better than aran at liek everything.

I generally kill Msr. Purge on turn 1, to stop him killing Leanne. And also because he's pretty annoying in general.

But I'd get cracking on NolanxJill, unless you plan on bringing Aran's worthless ass into Endgame just so he can give Nolan a support bonus.

Ok that sounds just as good :)

Have you been playing NM recently? There are no purge bishops on 4-P HM until they arrive at the end of turn 7.

I find that a Beastfoe on Leonardo is much better than a beastfoe on Nolan. See, the problem with Nolan is that he kills anything he touches, and thats a problem because in the enemy phase your hp will suffer alot, 2 tigers can kill him causing many restarts. I'm pretty sure most people dislike restarting especially in Hard Mode. While Leo can kill a Laguz from behind a unit, and not cause many problems. With a bouwgun he'll 1HKO cats and possibly kill Tigers too I don't remember. However he won't be opening him self or anyone in his team to multiple attacks from the laguz, like Nolan or anyone else could (aside from Micaiah, but be honest who would give this to Micaiah?).

I find that a Beastfoe on Leonardo is much better than a beastfoe on Nolan. See, the problem with Nolan is that he kills anything he touches, and thats a problem because in the enemy phase your hp will suffer alot, 2 tigers can kill him causing many restarts. I'm pretty sure most people dislike restarting especially in Hard Mode. While Leo can kill a Laguz from behind a unit, and not cause many problems. With a bouwgun he'll 1HKO cats and possibly kill Tigers too I don't remember. However he won't be opening him self or anyone in his team to multiple attacks from the laguz, like Nolan or anyone else could (aside from Micaiah, but be honest who would give this to Micaiah?).

Nolan is alot easier to train and promote during Part 1 compared to Leo who slows you down, and you could easily give Nolan a support with anybody to help dodge enemies. Also vantage or cancel fits him best if he has beastfoe on, and Tarvos is +5 def and it really helps survive against tigers even @ 15 def (+4 more with Tarvos).

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Nolan can also OHKO with a Crossbow, except that if he wants he can sit there with Tarvos and be durable and kill enemies on enemy phase as well. Leonardo cannot do this.

And also, I find it difficult to promote Leonardo, like QE above me.

Edited by Slowking