World War III

Life

It's a version of a game that I played long ago on GameFAQs. Back then it was called Island Wars and the theme was LoZ:TWW. However, I'd rather make this one more realistic.

outline-blank-transparent-world-map-b1b.png

This is the world map. Players will make a base wherever they want and form an army. They may make alliances with certain nations and attack other nations. Think of it as Risk on paper.

There are other things too but since I have a job interview in less than 2 hours, I'll talk about them later and in greater detail.

Also, I will mod the game but I will also be playing. For events that apply to me, I will have another war mod who will also be playing. I will only override that person when it comes to events that don't impact me directly and I'll try to be fair.

So yeah. Any thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... Hmm... count me in if you end up starting it!

If you make a base somewhere do you control the whole country? Either way, my base will be in Ireland :awesome:

Also, I haven't forgotten about Urban Rivalz. Problem with that game is that it needs 30+ people to work. This one needs about 5+. 15 people doing logs would be nuts but incredible.

Oh yeah and countries don't exist yet. That's something I'll talk about specifically later. I'm looking for a bigger blank world map so if someone finds one for me, PM the link to me. I'm going to be using Paint to fuck with it a shitload.

Edited by Life

Oh yeah, one other point.

This game is more of a "2 post a day" game. It's going to take a long time to finish. And be hectic as FUCK.

Do I get Australia? I'll only play if I get Australia. =P

Either it seems interesting (I always like Risk). If my internet connection is still stable by this weekend, then I may be interested.

... Hmm... count me in if you end up starting it!

If you make a base somewhere do you control the whole country? Either way, my base will be in Ireland :awesome:

Ffffff-

Do I get Australia? I'll only play if I get Australia. =P

Either it seems interesting (I always like Risk). If my internet connection is still stable by this weekend, then I may be interested.

-fffuuuuuuuuu-

I meant the whole island of Ireland

But whatever.

-uuu*cough* Furetchen.

If we're claiming now? I want France, so's I can cross the border and take back Ireland without relying on the goddamn British. Let the cheese-eating surrender monkey jokes commence!

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

Thoughts on the idea, sign-ups are actually done in the game thread

I can't tell if people didn't see this, or if this was just edited in, or even if it's just null now.

In that case, if we're claiming territories (which I doubt) I want Somalia, South Africa, Madagascar, and Antarctica.

DAMN YOU!

Probably, but hey! If anyone's gonna claim Ireland by the end of this, it's gonna be ME.

I'm of 100% Irish descent.. I WILL have Ireland.

You can have a part of it that looks oddly similar *coughthesamecough* to present-day Northern ireland, though... or you can be my ally and have a mini-base there...