Data Transfer between FE1DS and FE3DS?

Given that the original Monshou no Nazo had no data transfer between each book, as far as I'm aware, then I don't really even see the need.

Besides, all it did in Radiant Dawn really was make the Greil Mercenaries even more overpowered than normal (and added some really convoluted options for some extra conversations and things, which is nice I suppose but I would of been happier if you didn't have to start a whole new playthrough of PoR just to get an extra bit RIGHT at the end of Radiant Dawn).

maybe the transfers could be done different? maybe something like this:

for every character that wasn't promoted from the start on FESD and was in the end, gets 3 levels up.

every capped level (20/20) will start with 5 levels up.

for everyone holding a sacred weapon in the end, their starting weapon goes one up (iron becomes steel etc.)

for every maxed weapon level their weapon level gets one up

etc.

I'm sure that problem could be solved if they want to...

Miss out on Catria and Palla in this game? No thanks. Ogma's not there. I get to make sure Feena survives without any help from Navarre.

I'm not liking the idea so much. Although I can see certain people suiciding all there units on Medeus so they have nothing but Marth+My Unit+Book 2 people in Lunatic Classic for the extra challenge.

Edited by Slize

Given Shadow Dragon's fun Gaiden requirements, maybe make whoever that you killed in that game non-playable this time around?

Why would you even do the transfer in the first place, then, just to make well over half the cast non existant (and at times youll prolly need them)

There are times (and they're quite frequent) when applying realism to a video game for the sole purpose of doing so is a terrible idea.

It's as PostJediabiwan said, the Japanese version of FE7 had an option to connect to FE6, which allowed you to skip Lyn's mode on your first playthrough. It was also the fastest way to unlock the Extended Epilogue (unless you felt like playing FE7 9-11 times).

Edited by VincentASM

If you didn't do the FE6 transfer, you need a minimum of 9 playthroughs to see the scene with Roy and Lilina and 11 playthroughs to see the Zephiel and Jahn scene. Fortunately, American players can see both scenes automatically, although for some reason both scenes were removed for the PAL versions : /

If you didn't do the FE6 transfer, you need a minimum of 9 playthroughs to see the scene with Roy and Lilina and 11 playthroughs to see the Zephiel and Jahn scene. Fortunately, American players can see both scenes automatically, although for some reason both scenes were removed for the PAL versions : /

Wait, they were? Like, completely removed? I thought you just had to get the correct supports...

Guess at some point they wanted to bring Fuuin over, but the decision was completely reversed by the time the game came out in Europe?

Glad that the NA copy has theirs unlocked immediately though. As much as I love the game, 11 playthroughs is rather too much to ask.

Maybe do it this way?

Step 1: Insert FE12/FEDS2/3/whatever.

Step 2: Select Data Transfer. Send team.

Step 3: FEDS2 writes a small program onto the DS RAM. (basically goto a specific nintendo wifi site)

Step 4: Insert FEDS1

Step 5: Connect to wifi (I'd be automatic because of the program on the RAM)

Step 6: Teams recorded. DS ID recorded. (So no one can steal your people)

Step 7: Re-insert FEDS2.

Step 8: Select Data Transfer. Collect team.

Step 9: DS downloads your team from Nintendo wifi.

Step 10: ???

Step 11: World Domination. :awesome:

Edited by Prince of Ravens

How would this work, given the reclassing system? I'd love it if a certain purple-haired Aurelian appeared as the class I set him in my current playthrough (which makes him very, very useful).

I doubt they'll do it. If the data could be stored on the system memory then maybe.

IS could release a second version of FE11 that saves to a DSi SD card, and FE12 would link to that. Would only work for DSi owners though.

Another two games that used the whole "you need two gameboys and a link cable" thing were Golden sun and Golden sun 2. Now, they had a password option if you didn't have those two things, but...

anyway, I don't think they will do any kind of transfer thing, so it doesn't matter.