World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigeria were doing well until Kaita decided to be a huge idiot.

Amazingly, Nigeria STILL have a chance to qualify.

Also, Argentina turning on the style to beat Korea 4-1.

Shouldn't have been a red card. Khune (?) was just trying to cover as much space as possible, and the guy happened to nick Khune's boot and then began to roll all over the penalty area crying for his mam.

I mean, Uruguay DID deserve the win, and likely the penalty, but still.

Doesn't matter. Khune was the last man and denied a clear goalscoring opportunity to score. Intent is never a matter of consideration for referees.

Check this video at around 1:21. See that guy just inside the penalty area? The one surrounded by the three South African players. That guy touched the ball. If you look closely enough, you see the ball change in angle a bit, indicating he did in fact hit that ball, because it wasn't bouncing on the ground.

So guess what? Suàrez was offside.

Again, this is very debatable. It's very close.

It sucks that he got carded, but it was the right call (in regards to Khune). As for Kaita of Nigeria... His action was totally uncalled for.

I can't watch the video. It won't load. But I don't remember him being offsides when the British were showing the clip over and over again.

Let's get over already and have this travesty of a team eliminated. I'm ashamed those buffoons represent my country. :facepalm:

What the hell happened to France? They have excellent players... Why didn't they play as a team?

TBH the last consistently good team France made was the '98 one.

And Uruguay vs Argentina is gonna be a great fight match.

Amazingly, France can still qualify if they beat South Africa and the Uruguay vs Mexico match doesn't end in a draw.

Of course, the chance of this happening is slim (considering how crappily they've played so far), but it isn't entirely impossible.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

TBH the last consistently good team France made was the '98 one.

And Uruguay vs Argentina is gonna be a great fight match.

Don't forget France won Euro 2000. After that though, I agree with you (even when accounting World Cup 2006).

This ref is fucking terrible. Klose just got carded twice and sent off for the two most innocuous fouls ever made. 6+ cards in the first half, mostly bullshit calls. Mostly against German players. And then when Serbia scored they jumped into the crowd area. Should have been an immediate card. Did they get carded? Of course not.

Yeah, tbh I found it pretty stupid that the ref called offsides on that one goal. It wasn't offsides and I saw nothing else wrong with that play. That should've been a goal.

Also, that yellow card that was handed early on was plain retarded as well.

The ref was terrible. The handball on Findley? was bullshit. it hit his face and upper shoulder. Then the goal? If it was holding then its total bullshit because Slovenia was doing the most holding. If it was offsides...then Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Also "England just isn't that good" -ESPN

Really hope USA and Slovenia both make it through. Bonus points if Australia come second in Group D and the US beat the crap out of us.

Also "England just isn't that good" -ESPN

Lets just say that I watched the England vs Algeria match and came to the same conclusion.

Oh well, at least we had a competant goalkeeper this time!

Really hope USA and Slovenia both make it through. Bonus points if Australia come second in Group D and the US beat the crap out of us.

Masochistic, are you?

And yeah I'm glad USA is actually pulling their weight. Everyone counted them out from the start, but here they are tied with Slovenia. If England loses to them and USA beats Algeria, and they both make it through...oh the look on certain people's faces will so delicious it'd have to be fattening!

Did you just imply that DAVID JAMES is more reliable than Green?

EDIT: No, you ninja, it's just that we play terribly and deserve to lose.

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

What do you care, you're Australian!

And yeah, I did imply that David James is better than Green (in fact he's better than the other one, as well)!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

And yeah, I did imply that David James is better than Green (in fact he's better than the other one, as well)!

I didn't say 'better', I said more reliable.

And of course I care about England crashing out. I'm half-Irish. And half-convict.