World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

I gotta say, even though I don't like the USA team, they played VERY well. I hope they at least advance to the quarters.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the England-Algeria game, I was surprised to see Rooney bring out the dark sarcasm. Also, he sounds like Lister.

SUPPORT LEVEL INCREASED!

Cameroon should have won that match. They were much better, in my opinion. Too bad they're out of the competition already.

Cameroon should have won that match. They were much better, in my opinion. Too bad they're out of the competition already.

I disagree. The match was an even one, both teams had great chances, and Cameroon couldn't even with Denmark's epic missed passes and flaws, so you can't say "they were much better"

I just saw Australia versus Ghana, I'm very angry, stressed, and I want to impale the referee on a specially sharpened dildo.

Verbeek's unique policy of playing defensively in a must-win game with no strikers didn't impress me, either.

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

I didn't get to watch the entire Italy vs New Zealand match but I have to say I lol'd when the final score was 1-1.

It was a pretty lame match. Italy had better chances, yes, but goddammit they could have won even without them.

It was a pretty lame match. Italy had better chances, yes, but goddammit they could have won even without them.

Yeah, for 2006 champs they sure played pretty poorly. Maybe the ego went through their heads perhaps?

I did get to see the end of the game and damn, New Zealand was so happy that the score was 1-1 and then the camera switched over to the Italian audience and they were all pissed off.

Well, typical Brazil game was typical.

Although I have to say wtf @ Cesar for putting no effort into trying to block the ball when Ivory Coast scored that goal.

I was under the impression that he (and the defenders) thought it was an offside, but still.

Also, wtf Kaká.

I was under the impression that he (and the defenders) thought it was an offside, but still.

I figured the same but still, they should've kept playing until the refs blew the whistle. They should know by now that they can't really trust the referees this time around.

Masochistic, are you?

And yeah I'm glad USA is actually pulling their weight. Everyone counted them out from the start, but here they are tied with Slovenia.

Ummm..no? Everyone expected USA and England to make it out of that group considering Algeria and Slovenia are two of the weakest teams in the tournament.

Also, Sepp "It's part of the game!" Blatter needs to die.

Yeah, for 2006 champs they sure played pretty poorly. Maybe the ego went through their heads perhaps?

Well, most of the better guys aren't even on the team, and they lack new talents, so yeah.

Also, wtf Kaká.

Better receiving the red card than receiving his ass on a plate. Anyways, he played well today.

That ref is one crazy motherfucker.

Kaka's second yellow wasn't even close to being deserved.

I haven't really been all that impressed with the Netherlands. They're playing well, but they're not exactly shining through all the dredge or anything.

I have to say I haven't been all that impressed with this World Cup so far, but I honestly think that's because the refs are taking up most of the spotlight. It's like they think these people traveled all that way to watch THEM and not the players.

Yeah, and the wins seem to be either 1-0 or utter curbstomps. A lot of big teams are failing and only grabbing draws unfairly.

Curbstomps like the sudden Portugal rush that just happened.

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

It was a curbstomp, sure, but it's North Korea. I wasn't really all that impressed with it. Had they curbstomped a team that is known for playing well, then okay. I did feel really bad for the North Koreans though. I bet they were happy when the final whistle blew.