World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

The first half of the match was more like Ronaldo VS Spain.

It felt more like Coentrão vs Spain's pass trainig

This match is kind of sad.

It was boring as hell. Couple of nice shots by Villa and Llorente, and that was it.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what that red card was actually for? I saw nothing. Well, I saw a dive from the other team... but...

IIRC the portuguese player attacked Capdevilla with a slap in the ear.

I can't believe it took Spain an entire freaking hour to score a goal. It pretty much was Ronaldo vs. Spain. Truly he is a worthy opponent.

BTW, anyone think the thread's subtitle should replace "France" with "England"? I do. They were just awful this year.

Really? I didn't see that at all, either in real time or in any of the replays.

(I'm not saying you're wrong or lying, just that it's strange...)

That's what they said. One of cameras did show something resembling an attack, but it was too far away and from behind/above

Spain is always the favorite and never goes anywhere.

It reflects their Modus Operandi on the field.

That's what they said. One of cameras did show something resembling an attack, but it was too far away and from behind/above

And since they're supposedly avoiding to show dubious scenes now...

Having dozens of cameras on each field sure is wonderful when they aren't going to be used when they'd matter the most. Pro.

Having dozens of cameras on each field sure is wonderful when they aren't going to be used when they'd matter the most. Pro.

Well, the ref was pretty close to the motion, so yeah...

But I think at least ONE camera can prove that the aggression really happened.

The Ronaldo vs Spain match was...below par. If every team is just gonna throw 10 men behind the ball when they face Spain...then. :facepalm: Thanks a lot Switzerland.

As for Paraguay Japan...it was not bad for a 0-0 draw that ended on penalties. I'm surprised Japan didn't use the patented "The glorious Defense of One Hundred Million" strategy.

Actually, their simply not showing the scenes on the big jumbotrons. It's just that the cameras aren't focusing on two random players on the other edge of the field at the time. :awesome:

If I said as much, then I misspoke. Sorry.

Okay we coo :]

EDIT: Sepp Blatter finally admitting goal line technology is needed?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/29/2000922/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-apologises-to-fa-for-englands

"FIFA will naturally take on board the discussion on technology and will have the first opportunity to discuss this in July at the business meeting of the International Board," Blatter revealed today.

"It is obvious that after the experience so far in this World Cup it would be a nonsense to not reopen the file of technology at the business meeting of the International FA Board in July.

dylan.gif

Edited by burning_phoneix

But I think at least ONE camera can prove that the aggression really happened.

The BBC showed one scene several times, and what I'm guessing is that he got carded for that, but he didn't even touch him. The Spanish player just fell to the ground holding his face and the Portuguese player didn't even notice and then the ball came and he tried to head the ball but didn't jump high enough. If that's not what he got carded for I'm not really sure why they showed that one scene over and over again.

And has Sepp Blatter definied goal line technology? Is it just that: literally, goal line technology? Because if it is, then the Argentinian and Brazillian goals that weren't goals wouldn't be affected. The US goal that wasn't would not have been affected either. Only the British have to gain from that. (Speaking in terms of types of goals, not that it actually affects THIS World Cup.) If it's more of a general AREA type of thing, then that's something else.

He just said "technology" in general without specifying goal technology.

Also, about the red card. You can see just before they zoom in that there seems to be a contact of some sort, possibly an elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE9TZe3VxBk

At 14 seconds you can see something and hear the commentators noticing that there may have been contact.

At the very least he was red carded in the 90th minute so it didn't really effect the match much.

EDIT: Oh wait. Seppy Blatts was jerking our chains:

The FIFA president added that the IFAB would only look again at goal-line technology and not video replays.

Blatter said: "The only principle we are going to bring back for discussion is goal-line technology.

"Football is a game that never stops and the moment there was a discussion if the ball was in or out, or there was a goal-scoring opportunity, do we give a possibility to a team to call for replays once or twice like in tennis?

"For situations like the Mexico game you don't need technology.''

Edited by burning_phoneix

FIFA blocked the video on "copyright grounds." But I dunno when they showed it, it didn't look like enough to red card. Then again they were also showing it in slow motion, which either makes things look 100x worse or 100x not as big of a deal.

That doesn't surprise me, about Seppy Weppy.

The problem with that video is that it shows the aftershot and not the lead up. I agree if it the elbow hit the guy in the face it's a red, but I just don't think it happened. I think it's a dive. My real question is where the ref was. Did he even see this or did he give the card based on Capdevila falling over?

The problem with that video is that it shows the aftershot and not the lead up. I agree if it the elbow hit the guy in the face it's a red, but I just don't think it happened. I think it's a dive.

Watch it again. The third camera shows the lead up.

Aaaand it wasn't the first time R.Costa elbows ppl in that match

Could be Netherlands, but yeah. Did Ronaldo end up crying again? I only saw highlights after hearing the game was uneventful.

Anyways, I want Paraguay to beat Spain. It would be the classic way for them to go out.

Did Ronaldo end up crying again?

Yes he did. Who knows, maybe it'll be good for marketing.

Yes he did. Who knows, maybe it'll be good for marketing.

Sure helps me get to sleep. Sometimes I dream about hitting him repeatedly with a shovel as San Marino hold Portugal to a 1-1 draw.

Let me bring up this idea.

Who is now the team to beat?

Is it Argentina? Germany? Brazil? Spain? The Netherlands???

Paraguaylol

Don't lol at Paraguay. If there is any way for Spain to lose to them...

Let me bring up this idea.

Who is now the team to beat?

Is it Argentina? Germany? Brazil? Spain? The Netherlands???

Paraguaylol

Either Argentina or Germany, with Netherlands as a distant third.

Spain need to rely less on Villa and actually score some damn goals.

Brazil tied with fucking Portugal, ffs.