World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain won and deserved it, despite their utter inability to shoot.

I'm shocked.

Actually the Germans weren't bad in the match. It's just that the Spaniards completely neutralized them everywhere.

This is actually quite true.

Edited by Mr. Facepalm

But then gain, it'll probably make little difference...

I don't think so. Trochowski is more of a defensive player, and Kroos that replaced him really made difference, and played more like Muller.

My dad's overjoyed, he has both Spain and Holland in a sweepstake, he can't lose.

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in. Not like it hurts like hell enough already considering that team is my heart and soul or anything.

If it's any consollation, my team was knocked out first.

Edited by Kirsche

I would have said Germany if they hadnt lost but meh.

Yeah, but Germany are a completely different team to Spain. Germany would likely have overpowered NL but perhaps NL can outplay and shut down Spain?

And of course, the effects of the goddamn ball/referee/vuvuzelas (delete as applicable)

Yeah, but Germany are a completely different team to Spain. Germany would likely have overpowered NL but perhaps NL can outplay and shut down Spain?

Indeed. Holland is a more offensive team(and not like Spain, with all those passes rottening the opponent), which would result in more counterattack chances for Germany.

They wouldn't wait for Spain to fuck up to create chances.

I do think Mueller would have made all the difference. I was hoping, however, that they wouldn't need him. Spain surprised me by actually coming to play this time. I hadn't seen that from them all tournament.

I think Holland will win. Like you said, Holland doesn't wait for counterattacks. They're going to be there to kick your ass off the bat, not wait for you to screw up. Which results in them screwing up, which Spain doesn't handle nearly as well as Germany does. So I think Spain will have less of a chance than Germany would have had.

Either way, it'll be the first time for either team, so we'll have a new Cup winner.

Germany should get third place.

Which results in them screwing up, which Spain doesn't handle nearly as well as Germany does.

Because the Spaniards are so focused in making the most awesome dribbling perfect play they forgot to score.

Exactly. Germany can't lose tonight. It's impossible.

Wow. It would appear that bloody octopus is a better forune teller than both of us out together :(

and there is a parrot in Singapore (I think) how said Holland is gonna win.

so the parrot gets my vote :D

I'm hoping the parrot is right. Because if he isn't, I'll take a bus over to him (20 minutes, woo~) and break his neck~

BEAUTIFUL GOAL. Nice job to Schweinsteiger as well!

EDIT: I feel like Germany would be thrashing Uruguay if we had all our players. Uruguay isn't doing poorly by any stretch of the imagination, but I mean... Germany is holding up pretty well considering the circumstances.

Edited by Crystal Shards