why is sothe forced for the endgame.

Except I don't want to have to heal him. I'd like him to be more like fe9 titania. You don't have to heal her at all early on. Volug and sothe need healing in part 1. I wish they didn't, but they do. And they need a fair amount of it, too. And since there are no physic staves in HM, that means either Laura needs to stay close or they need to burn player phases using healing items.

Anyway, 40 hit means you can't let him get wailed on by more units than his concrete durability allows. The risk is too high. And considering how it only takes 26 mt to 3HKO him, that's pretty easy for him to be at risk. And if Micaiah isn't there? Wow. 39 hp 20 def sothe is so much better than 35 hp 14 def sothe that it is humiliating. It depends on which transfer sothe you are allowing.

I'll take all the other stuff you gave me, I just didn't consider staff abusing since I train both, Mist and Elincia to S rank swords. I don't mind for Rhys, his durability is close to unfixable, although capping Mag & Res faster helps.

As for Sothe and Volug, 4-3RKO'd is not even bad, you are considering the good chances they have to dodge, 40% isn't at all too risky unless you get 2-shotted. You're being a bit excessive with their durability you know, they are just fantastic as they are.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Titania is as useful as a Sothe transfer. It saves you having to give her the Speedwing, and that's about it, except that most other units don't really get much out of a speedwing if they have transfers to begin with. I guess it lets you put a Wing on Boyd (T). Umm, woo-hoo?

Marcia is also a little bit iffy. Generally doesn't have a big impact in Part 2, and while it is good to have for Part 3, she's still not good upon rejoining.

I'll take all the other stuff you gave me, I just didn't consider staff abusing since I train both, Mist and Elincia to S rank swords. I don't mind for Rhys, his durability is close to unfixable, although capping Mag & Res faster helps.

As for Sothe and Volug, 4-3RKO'd is not even bad, you are considering the good chances they have to dodge, 40% isn't at all too risky unless you get 2-shotted. You're being a bit excessive with their durability you know, they are just fantastic as they are.

If they're 3HKOed at 40 hit rates, you can't expose them to three enemies, or if they took a hit last turn you can't expose them to two enemies. If you do, you're risking death. Given that what Volug and Sothe want to do is run off and be useful, in say, 1-5, 1-6-2, 1-8 or 1-E, the durability is helpful.

Edited by Slowking

The Speedwing is pretty good on Boyd considering he gets a Spd transfer. It's not unlikely with a Speedwings in FE9.

Yes. In terms of transfer "pairs", if you like the term, Titania + Boyd is probably the best. Not on the level of some of the individual unit transfers (particularly Ike, Neph, Jill), but still really good. (Yes, Ike + Jill > Titania + Boyd, I just mean in terms of symbiotic transfers. Ike and Jill are completely unaffected by whether or not the other gets a transfer. Actually, Titania doesn't care if Boyd gets one, so maybe it's more parasitic than symbiotic.)

Actually it depends on who you ask. Depending on the person, symbiosis can be synonymous with mutualistic. But I suppose more people may use it for more than that. I don't actually remember which way it was taught way back when I was in high school. I think it was the narrow version used where I was, but I could be mistaken. And I suppose the Boyd and Titania relationship is best defined as "commensal", since Boyd benefits from Titania having a transfer and Titania couldn't care less one way or the other about Boyd getting one.

Anyway, back to sothe, I'm not actually certain we are on topic with any of this talk. However, as long as it is about sothe or heather, I think it's fine.

Is Data transfered Sothe leaving any left overs? I'd prefer to have left overs and give to the others than have him take almost everything he faces, since they convert the kills a lot better in Part 1.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Is Data transfered Sothe leaving any left overs? I'd prefer to have left overs and give to the others than have him take almost everything he faces, since they convert the kills a lot better in Part 1.

Depends on the weapon you give him. Even with 20 str, you can get him all the way down to 21 mt with bronze knives. I mean, sure, he kills a few things early on, but he ORKOs nothing in 1-4 (except for 3 untransformed cats), doesn't kill fighters or soldiers in 1-5, stops killing archers in 1-6, never killed armors from the moment they appeared...

You can get him anything from 21 mt with bronze knives to 29 mt with beastkiller. And as he gets str you can get him a bit more. It's actually a pretty good deal because you have the option for him to kill more for efficiency's sake and you still (mostly) have the option to weaken. 21 mt doesn't kill all that much more than 19 did in the first place (at least, not after 1-4).

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Well, you have to realize that Sothe is transferred in a different way. The highest his bases can be are his PoR caps. In PoR he's an unpromoted tier 1, so he has 20s as his caps basically everywhere.

Really, assuming you maxed out PoR Sothe, he would not have appreciably better SPD (it's 20 either way), though he'd have more evade (depending on his LCK abuse). His STR would only be a few points of Atk better. Really, where he'd benefit most is his defenses; he could in theory have 20 DEF, which is very nice but not necessarily amazing.

What makes transfers so good is that many transfer tier 2 characters (especially the GMs) already have really high stats. So giving them even better stats, even by just +2, not only makes them better, it also pushes them close to tier 2 caps. Sothe won't start all that close to most of his tier 2 caps of consequence. I suppose if you have a max-transfer Sothe (remember, this isn't actually possible without cheating, as he'll never get 40 LCK that way), he'll have 4 stats capped and will be able to bexp lots of SPD, SKL, and HP/STR, but Rogue caps aren't exactly amazing. And being capped in tier 2 still doesn't exactly help him in tier 3.

Well, being able to BEXP his speed means he can double more easily in Part 3 and 4. And 40HP/20DEF is pretty amazing. 20/01 needs Tarvos and the Dracoshield to match that, and even then he's a bit behind in HP. Aran needs about 20/4 to match it. And Jill isn't comparable until 20/15, or 20/10 if you gave her a Robe.

But Nephenee and Jill could use them better for capping Def. Wyern Bands help alot with that.

And you can get them all there through resetting. You seem to have serious trouble understanding the concept that getting stuff for sothe doesn't prevent getting stuff for other units.

Of course I don't, I'm considering stuff that doesn't include any type of abuse. But now that I think of it, getting Nephenee to cap Def naturally is pretty hard, Jill is more likely if we include Bands and a Dracoshield.

There is no need to abuse. You can kind of think of it as Sothe getting +Str and Def transfers (with Soldier band) and then with +2 HP, +5 Lck, and maybe +1 Res and Mag as anomalies.

He still needs two Dracoshields to cap Def.

I thought he had to cap the stat in RD.

cap what for the what now? 17 is still a significant improvement. 20 is obviously better, but with his def growth it is unlikely to prevent +spd from bexp anyway. The main focus isn't surviving 2 hits from tigers. That would just be a bonus. For me, I'd like more freedom with him in part 1 and 3-12.

Yeah just to be clear, Sothe's stats just transfer. He need not cap. Thus as long as he at least hits his averages with Blossom he should transfer identically to his RD bases. Anything more he can get is gravy. Technically, two Dracoshields on Sothe is more efficient from a transfer perspective than a character who would need two to cap who uses normal transfer rules, as then the +4 PoR DEF becomes +2 RD DEF. In Sothe's case, it stays +4. Kind of a silly point though.