Final Fantasy world poll

luigi bros

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of FF world do you prefer

• Medival Fantasy
    • Futuristic Sci-Fi

I've been thinking about this. I loved FFs I-VI, and did not dislike FFs VII-X, XIII, but what did bother me is that the name is Final Fantasy and it takes place in a sci-fi world.

I way prefer the fantasy world. Which do you?

I've been thinking about this. I loved FFs I-VI, and did not dislike FFs VII-X, XIII, but what did bother me is that the name is Final Fantasy and it takes place in a sci-fi world.

I way prefer the fantasy world. Which do you?

What part of any of them are not fantasy?

I prefer the old-time FF theme, IX did it well. Just gives it more charm than a generic anime world.

Cars, trains, space ships. Seen a lot in FFs VII, VIII, and XIII.

People, houses, boxes, tables, sky, ground, words...

Cars, trains, space ships. Seen a lot in FFs VII, VIII, and XIII.

Cars and trains exist in Harry Potter. I guess neither are fantasy anymore. As for space ships, none of them exist in the same sense that space ships do in reality.

Wait, so Final Fantasy IV isn't fantasy. There's a space ship in it. For that matter, I don't think any but the first are if we follow this crazy logic. Last I checked, airships are a bit more complicated than cars.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I can't put it in to words, but in the first five there is definately a sci-fi theme, but it's very minor. FFIII has a submarine, IV has a space ship, but the rest of the world is pretty fantasy. VIII takes place in a modern world.

I've never read Harry Potter, but that sounds like a fantasy set in the modern world, which is a combination of sci-fi and fantasy.

I don't understand your gripe. Do you not like it being "grassy plains with fantasy creatures and magic spells," with a little bit of technology mixed in, or do you just not like the science-fiction aspect at all?

I for one, like the science-fiction settings more. I loved FFXII a lot. I haven't played FFXIII yet, but I like the fact that's linear. :D

I can't put it in to words, but in the first five there is definately a sci-fi theme, but it's very minor. FFIII has a submarine, IV has a space ship, but the rest of the world is pretty fantasy. VIII takes place in a modern world.

I've never read Harry Potter, but that sounds like a fantasy set in the modern world, which is a combination of sci-fi and fantasy.

So sci-fi isn't fantasy how, exactly?

Edited by A boy named Sal

Almost all of them have future technology in varying places, but X and XII are the only ones in which it is everyday. And even then, it's incredibly lopsided. So XII is the absolute only one in the series where the majority of humanity lives in total modern trappings.

Sure, Gardens are future-like, but what about Balamb? Winhill?

Thought not.

Medieval FFs all the way. Can't stand the modern setting ones all that much. 9 was tolerable, but it still got boring with the sheer... weirdness of the characters. A monkey man? A BM (Awesome, actually)? A human (OK)? A Rat...? A Blue thing? A Green Thing?

I actually like the futuristic ones, but maybe that's just because I like technology so much.

It's not like a heavy futuristic element disqualifies it from being fantasy, either; sure, the original enemy group in VII is a power company, but it's a power company that's exploiting the magical life-force of the planet. (Then we get the magical space-alien enemy, and... yeah.)

I had a WarMech, didn't it?

Don't read Harry Potter. If you have two hours to kill, and it's coincidentally just started, watch the movie. Maybe.

Anyway, I was a fan of FFVI's world the most, yet don't really consider that 'Medieval'. Because of, y'know...Chainsaws, and Magitek.

I had a WarMech, didn't it?

Don't read Harry Potter. If you have two hours to kill, and it's coincidentally just started, watch the movie. Maybe.

Anyway, I was a fan of FFVI's world the most, yet don't really consider that 'Medieval'. Because of, y'know...Chainsaws, and Magitek.

As I said earlier, FFVI's world is actually steampunk.

Out of medieval fantasy and futuristic fantasy, I guess I prefer medieval, but I really don't have a problem with either of them. But as Spoon pointed out, FFVI takes place in a steampunk setting, and I prefer that over both.

I think if they could do some sort of mix between them it would be awesome, however i don't think that is possible or maybe it is idk.

I would prefer futuristic though.