New 5th Gen Pokemon Leaked

Anacybele

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does. It loses 25% of its HP upon entering battle, gains only a fighting resist and ground immunity in exchange for a quad weakness to a common attack type, weakness to a common attack type and downgrade to neutrality against another.

Edited by deuxhero

Indeed, i hate that stealth rock... IMO it should have never been invented. Its stupid to see every single team have stealth rock. I think its overpowered.

Indeed, i hate that stealth rock... IMO it should have never been invented. Its stupid to see every single team have stealth rock. I think its overpowered.

I hate it too. I don't think it's overpowered though, but it plays too much of a role in deciding how useful a Pokemon is. e.g. Every single Fire type from OU got pushed down except a few that are ALL neutral to Stealth Rock (Infernape and Heatran). The only reason Charizard is NeverUsed is because of that stupid rock. It's just totally unfair to ignore all of the merits of a Pokemon and put them in a huge disadvantage solely because they're weak to Rock.

That move should be banned imo.

I hate it too. I don't think it's overpowered though, but it plays too much of a role in deciding how useful a Pokemon is. e.g. Every single Fire type from OU got pushed down except a few that are ALL neutral to Stealth Rock (Infernape and Heatran). The only reason Charizard is NeverUsed is because of that stupid rock. It's just totally unfair to ignore all of the merits of a Pokemon and put them in a huge disadvantage solely because they're weak to Rock.

That move should be banned imo.

This sounds like you do think it's overpowered.

Either way, a simple way to fix this in Gen V would be to make it a one-time only hazard. Meaning, the only pokemon that gets hurt is the next one you switch out. That way it's still got a unique typing, and only hurts you badly if you're down to one poke already.

I would like that move more if it did that. I hate to see Yanmega and other worthy pokemons be thrown out of OU because "o look 50% off eww no".

This sounds like you do think it's overpowered.

Either way, a simple way to fix this in Gen V would be to make it a one-time only hazard. Meaning, the only pokemon that gets hurt is the next one you switch out. That way it's still got a unique typing, and only hurts you badly if you're down to one poke already.

No way can it be called overpowered when Lucario/Steelix switches in.

One-time only hazard wouldn't really be an entry hazard then, would it? It would just hit once, like Future Sight or Doom Desire.

Only hope I see for fixing this is to put in similar moves of different elements. When the players realize that Pokemon are fluctuating through entire tiers based on the varying popularity of these different moves, these entry hazards should then be considered too over-centralizing and should all be banned.

I hate to see Yanmega and other worthy pokemons be thrown out of OU because "o look 50% off eww no".

14l5zdh.png

With Yanmega's awesome abilities, decent SpA, access to Bug Buzz and Air Slash, there is no way he should be outside OU. But thanks to Stealth Rock, he got kicked out. Now just think about BellyZard and SubRoostCuno and it's pretty obvious that the metagame would be quite different without Stealth Rock.

With Yanmega's awesome abilities, decent SpA, access to Bug Buzz and Air Slash, there is no way he should be outside OU. But thanks to Stealth Rock, he got kicked out. Now just think about BellyZard and SubRoostCuno and it's pretty obvious that the metagame would be quite different without Stealth Rock.

Add in a HP Fire/Ground to deal with Steel types and we're set.

Indeed, it just so annoying that so many cool movesets and pokemons cannot be used because of a move so overpowered that changes the metagame. I really hope its nerfed.

• 2 weeks later...

If the grass one becomes part dragon, it's the one I'll pick but I guess it'll be just another flying/grass... The fire one is a disappointment... another fighting/fire...

If the grass one becomes part dragon, it's the one I'll pick but I guess it'll be just another flying/grass... The fire one is a disappointment... another fighting/fire...

I remember something about one of the starters having a new combination.

Since the fire one looks like another fire/fighting, and the water one water/ice or water/rock, a grass/flying seems unlikely. Even because I don't think they'd give a shitty type combination to a starter.

Grass Dragon seems like it'd be overpowered just because dragon type isn't weak to much.

Spr_4p_395.png

And it'd make its typing similar to that of a legendary.

You mean, like Kingdra, Garchomp or Flygon?