Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware of that.

You're suggesting we assign Overcast/Heavy Blow to a #, so that people don't use their hit roll to augment their STR/MAG.

What I am saying is that the SKL stat is the only thing that is deducted from. IE, you can't take it from your hit roll. Which makes sense, as you shift your stats BEFORE you roll. Can you explain why that's not good enough?

I mean Daunt... I'd also like to think about switching Adept with Charge for Chase. Charge is so much better, and I'd have definitely taken it if I had the option to do so.

Depends on if you double or not. If you double, yes, it's better. If you don't, Adept is better. Anyways, I'd say you'd be allowed.

Edited by Snike

• 3 weeks later...

A few things.

-SM skill still needs to be amended

-Hero skill should be 2 STR, 2 SKL, 2 LUK, to be decent.

-Suggesting an action for shield-bearing units. Pavise, which would forfeit your battle phase for reducing an allies' damage taken by 50%, rounded up. 5 EXP a use, 10 if the ally is attacked.

-Suggesting an action for shield-bearing units. Pavise, which would forfeit your battle phase for reducing an allies' damage taken by 50%, rounded up. 5 EXP a use, 10 if the ally is attacked.

Interesting idea. Some relevant feedbacks.

[01:26:27] <Snike> Bal, go bitch about my suggested action, plz. >___>

[01:27:11] <Kiryn> I am so subtle I know

[01:27:43] <Snike> And terrible. But not the most.

[01:28:40] <Balcerzak> wait, where is my bitching needed?

[01:29:10] <Snike> Suggestions.

[01:29:12] <Snike> Point 3.

[01:32:56] <Balcerzak> By action, do you mean, actual action, or Skill?

[01:33:24] <Balcerzak> Because, now that I'm rereading and cross-checking, I'm confusing myself

[01:33:50] <Snike> As in, an actual action. It could be a skill, but it isn't exactly worth 3 stat points.

[01:33:57] <Snike> Unless it's made a class skill.

[01:34:35] <Cynthia> I don't think anyone would use it

[01:35:11] <Snike> I certainly would.

[01:35:27] <Cynthia> does it help against counters?

[01:35:36] <Cynthia> enemy phases are...sporadic

[01:35:38] <Snike> Yes.

[01:35:46] <Cynthia> less useless then

[01:35:51] <Snike> That was the main intent.

[01:36:33] <Balcerzak> It's interesting, though I do question the XP assignment.

[01:36:43] <Punk3d> Catching up on RP again

[01:36:59] <Snike> It can be changed, but otherwise, there's no benefit to it.

[01:37:19] <Balcerzak> I meant specific values and conditions

[01:37:23] <Snike> Oh.

[01:37:23] <Balcerzak> not the fact that XP is earned

[01:37:25] <Snike> K.

[01:37:30] <Balcerzak> I was unclear

[01:37:46] <Snike> Might as well state it in there, and bring it to Snowy's attention.

[01:38:21] <Balcerzak> while you do have it as 5 and 10, which matches melee classes, dance action (Kamilla) and heal action are only 5 XP flat, regardless of if the buffed made use of it (Kamilla) or the person to be healed needed it (or how badly)

[01:38:39] <Snike> True.

[01:38:45] <Snike> Maybe just 5, then.

[01:39:12] <Snike> Or, we buff the healing EXP. Which is a whole new can of worms.

[01:39:12] <Balcerzak> I don't even really know, it was just something that came to mind.

[01:40:03] <Balcerzak> It seems like if you have Pavising be 10 XP for success, then someone could just forgo weakening attacks altogether, and get free ~kill XP by guarding a friend who's actively attacking

[01:40:12] <Balcerzak> which seems potentially balance probing.

[01:40:21] <Snike> Yeah...

[01:40:28] <Balcerzak> And yeah, I wasn't trying to buff up heal XP at all, not the can of worms to open

[01:40:46] <Balcerzak> I try to never argue with a conflict of interest

[01:41:08] <Balcerzak> I will go paste chat log in suggestions thread, though, so Snowy sees it

If I would set the EXP down to 7, would people use it?

Also, Healing exp to 8 would be great,so they don't get left behind as much.

It was brought up in chat, and commented on by a few people, so I thought that I might as well post it here.

People were discussing that they thought the gains for promotion(+4 stats) were too low, and so i suggested, What if it was just a flat +1 to all stats, to closer resemble FE promotion, and to alleviate random WTF moments(ex. Aiya promotes and gains... +4 Res!)

It was brought up in chat, and commented on by a few people, so I thought that I might as well post it here.

People were discussing that they thought the gains for promotion(+4 stats) were too low, and so i suggested, What if it was just a flat +1 to all stats, to closer resemble FE promotion, and to alleviate random WTF moments(ex. Aiya promotes and gains... +4 Res!)

I was going to say that! :(

I'm alright with it, myself.

So, here's a list of amendments:

-Keen Edge needs to be change from a -2 STR for + one to skill die, to a passive, +-1 Crit modifier, without any costs.

-Heroic Stand needs to change to +2 STR/SKL/LUK for 2 HP.

-Pavise is added as an action for Cavs, Knights, Loldiers, and Heroes. Forfeits battle phase for 50% damage reduction. Flat 5/7 EXP.

-Healing exp Buff to 8.

-Class Change means all raw stats up by 1.

So, here's a list of amendments:

-Keen Edge needs to be change from a -2 STR for + one to skill die, to a passive, +-1 Crit modifier, without any costs.

-Heroic Stand needs to change to +2 STR/SKL/LUK for 2 HP.

-Pavise is added as an action for Cavs, Knights, Loldiers, and Heroes. Forfeits battle phase for 50% damage reduction. Flat 5/7 EXP.

-Healing exp Buff to 8.

-Class Change means all raw stats up by 1.

-That's good but it needs limits. Like maybe -1 to damage.

-K

-6 is better

-K

-K

That's what I think.

Edited by Lightning

-That's good but it needs limits. Like maybe -1 to damage.

-K

-6 is better

-K

-K

That's what I think.

SM are already STR screwed. No need for more of that.

-6 is fine by me.

Edit: I would guess it would be your choice.

Edited by Snike