Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rescue would work better like this:

The staff when activated prevents one ally from being targeted during the enemy phase. That would have kept Alferis from getting KO'd. None of that matters though unless the enemy phase is enforced during a stat battle.

THat's what I meant Phoenix.

And too bad. Cause Pary wouldn't save Alf. >_>

That's why Tessa gets the staff, genius. She's the mobile(mounted) one, remember?

Also the person rescued obviously can't attack during the following player phase. At the very least they can't attack their previous target, but I don't think they should be able to attack at all personally.

You know I would be perfectly fine with everyone getting up at the battles end without any non-plot wounds. Right?

Plausbility issue though, people getting knocked down during a fight don't just pop up because enemies are dead. Fortify might solve this...

I dunno though, if no healing occurs at all, you're just inviting people to pop bck from injuries like nobody's business, possibly with the explanation "I assumed so and so healed me".

You can't choose not to heal people with a mass healing staff if he were to have Fortify, dumbass.

You made Pary's character the way it is. It's your own fault.

It's also that due to Pary refusing to heal people he dislikes or dislikes him without demanding money, he'd be the worst choice by far to get a Fortify. Let alone whether or not he'd use a Sleep on Alf or Dani.

First of all, Pary doesn't have a choice but to heal Alf if no one gets to him first. The social ramifications are so dire.

Second, we need healing posts after battles for context, as well as plausibility and character development. End of story. Seriously, imagine if we had no healing posts. Bal's post count would be cut in half, Pary would cease to exist, and no one would remember that Charlotte is actually a cleric. The healing posts after battles really need to stay. Fortify is fine in the right hands, but outright skipping healing is just asking for story gaps and other godmodding troubles.

Well, I kind of imagined that Fortify would only heal more minor wounds/ bring people back to consciousness. More healing could be done after that for very serious wounds.

I imagine Bal could find other things to post if he wasn't doing healing. I'm most interested in his opinion.

My two cents: Staves are all right, but, uh, plot fortify is not exactly a good idea. We NEED the healing posts, otherwise death is cheap in stat combat. As an aside, a stat S-rank stave would be Fortify. You could say it heals two or three units, instead of one person, and nerf it like that.

Fortify discussion:

Phoenix, Cynthia, and Snike covered most of the reasons why at least lip-service (but at times more than that) needs to be paid to wounds.

On the other hand, as a healer you notice that either

a) You're swamped, forced to deal with taking care of only healing interactions, when there's tons of other important things you'd also like to be doing, but six chapters later still haven't been able to manage to fit in...

b) People ignore your healing posts anyway, apparently wanting more attention than you gave, or wanting attention from someone that wasn't you, and meaning that the efforts you put in were wasted.

I don't know whether a Fortify option would necessarily fill the gaps or fix either of those. I'll think some more.

A Fortify staff isn't really going to fix the craziness with healings overall. In Bal's case it's only going to give Tessa less of a load(unless she's the wielder and in that case it's more of a one time heal most type of thing). As far as "I want Charlotte to heal me" or "I want Pary to heal me!"(I lol'd) or "I want Tessa to heal me!" ... I've got nothing. That's just supporting stuff that doesn't necessarily matter when you're bleeding out.

I do notice that on some occasions(not rare, but not common), wounds healed by one healer have to get treated by another healer shortly after. It's a little weird and I'm not just talking about the severed folks. I can't remember any specific times, but it does happen sometimes and maybe that's what Bal was talking about? If so I think people not only need to respect being KO'd, but also respect being healed :lol:

Both Bal and I have had our healing posts ignored several times. Sometimes it's just people honestly missing them, sometimes people kinda do it on purpose so Esphyr can do a staff thing or whatever.