Train Mafia II (Day 12)

General Spoon

Alright, so here's the deal.

I'm not going to be here today. Like, I won't be back until the evening or so. So this is the only reminder that I can give you to send in orders so that the game can continue. So, yeah. Send in your orders if you've got them.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life, the benefits of siding with the town should be obvious: You have information on the mafia, which you can use, but very little information on the town. We don't yet know what roles are in the game, and after an unlucky night or two, the mafia can end up in a really bad position. Compare that to going with the Mafia (Either of them): The town doesn't trust you, so all you could really do is act as a strategic advisor since you won't be getting any roleclaims - and since the town tends to be the strongest faction in these games anyway, it certainly seems like the sensible option to me.

Life, the benefits of siding with the town should be obvious: You have information on the mafia, which you can use, but very little information on the town. We don't yet know what roles are in the game, and after an unlucky night or two, the mafia can end up in a really bad position. Compare that to going with the Mafia (Either of them): The town doesn't trust you, so all you could really do is act as a strategic advisor since you won't be getting any roleclaims - and since the town tends to be the strongest faction in these games anyway, it certainly seems like the sensible option to me.

I have a lot more dirt on the town than you think. The only reason why I haven't mentioned this is because I want the town to use their brains and think about how trying to speak to me is actually a really logical move.

I know a lot more than anyone thinks I do.

Hmm... Honestly, I don't know how much I can convince you then, it's early days, so I really can't say with any certainty 'the town will win' or 'a mafia is winning'. If it were up to me, I'd suggest you ask the OoR to not kill you tonight until you get more time to survey the game.

But, hey, if you have information from/on the town, you could use that to help the town very easily, such as piecing together claims and reports or whatever.

But, hey, if you have information from/on the town, you could use that to help the town very easily, such as piecing together claims and reports or whatever.

I have enough dirt on all three factions that the side I choose will probably win. That's the best way to put it.

Also, while it might be best for me to ask them for more time, it makes no sense from the OoR's standpoint. I'm in a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" relationship with them.

That sounds like you've already made your mind up to me...

Trust me, I haven't. For me to win with either Mafia faction, I have to anticipate what the other one is doing, not to mention who the town lynches. To win with the town, all I have to do is give away names to the Doc who will keep saving himself night after night.

Just a question, what would happen if you're killed but hadn't chosen anyone recently?

Then I'm reported as dead and my role is posted by Spoon. If it isn't revealed, then my power takes.

And what if the Doctor can't actually protect himself overnight?

Doc told me that he can. Besides, either Mafia only had to equal town + other Mafia to win. Doctor can still be alive at the end of the game and still lose.

Edited by Life

So after shingling a roof all day, I come back to find that not all of the orders. Are in. Whatever. I'm going to be shingling the same roof again tomorrow, but you better get your damn orders in by the time I get done with that, as I'm pretty sure it'll have been 48 hours by then.

I am sorry for being inactive. You can use a substitute in my place. My internet has been acting up, and right now I'm on a crappy connection. Sorry.

You're dead anyway.