E3 Discussion

Doom103

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm so there's going to be remakes of N64 games for the 3DS, interesting.

Although, I'm more interested in Tera tbh, considering it's also in the E3.

And PS2 (Snake Eater remake).

EDIT: They're too late, anyway General Spoon. Their main documents are already on file sharing sites.

EDIT2: HELL YEAH! TWISTED METAL.

Edited by MGS: Metal Gear Solid

I think it's pretty bad when the most interesting parts of Sony's entire presentation for me were Portal 2 and that guy from the commercial trying to be funny on stage by listing off gaming stereotypes. I guess Twisted Metal is cool, but I'm not nostalgic of it in the least, having never played any Twisted Metal game, so any huge impact it may have had on me is completely lost. It was just a mediocre performance in my opinion.

Better than Microsoft's, at least.

Nintendo spent a few minutes bragging about numbers, which we didn't need to hear. BUT, they did focus on the games for most of the conference. The focus on the 3DS hardware was good, but not overshadowing of the games.

Microsoft and Sony focused on hardware abilities when I was really hoping for INFO ON GAME TITLES. Which was a problem as both hardwares were... not new.

Microsoft remade Sony's eyetoy.

Sony remade the Wiimote.

Now, they both improved on the original design, that's not a question. The problem is, at least for Sony, is price.

Some numbers!

Price for an eyetoy: 40 bucks.

Price for a Move controller: 50 bucks.

Price for something definitely not a Nunchuk: 30 bucks.

That means, for one person, you need to spend 120 bucks.

If you have a four player game, you'll need to spend $360 if they need both halves.

And for some two player games if they use two Move controllers you'd need to start off with $240.

And that's just controllers that are for some games, you'll need PS3 controllers too.

...and if you want 3-D, a 3-D TV and glasses.

Sony is a money pit, again.

MGS3DS. Seeing those screens alone made me 100% back the 3DS. I'm getting this shit on day one.

As a side note, showing so many different games, with SCREENS for each one, is completely unlike Nintendo. Have they finally stopped bullshittig us out this stuff?

You've got to consider that just tacking 3D on a DS is a very hard gimmick to sell even without cheap plastic glasses. Giving us an all-star list of games to go with it is shooting the hype to amazing levels and helps people ease into the entire thing.

You've got to consider that just tacking 3D on a DS is a very hard gimmick to sell even without cheap plastic glasses. Giving us an all-star list of games to go with it is shooting the hype to amazing levels and helps people ease into the entire thing.

Good thing they didn't just 'tack' 3D onto the DS and revamped the graphics capability on the whole system, added an analog control option, and revamped the wireless functions too.

I mean, none of them are such a huge step as the 3D, but the rest make it a bit more than something 'tacked onto the DS.'

But is the generic consumer going to care much about slightly improved graphics and a new analog stick? I wouldn't count on it. I realize that it's not just the same thing with 3D, but that's what it's going to be considered.

But is the generic consumer going to care much about slightly improved graphics and a new analog stick? I wouldn't count on it. I realize that it's not just the same thing with 3D, but that's what it's going to be considered.

I'm sure the Ocarina screens are going to be bringing in fans. Maybe Nintendo withdrew them for now so they can unveil the hype closer to 3DS's release?

It really depends on what sorta casual market games come out for the 3DS at launch, when it comes to the casual response. Of the more devoted gamer sect the title list is impressive, however the analog stick and added graphics abilities are probably as strong a draw to it as the 3D on its own is (3D is a gimmick akin to the DS's original touch screen).

Of the games listed most aren't a casual audience draw. The only casual audience draw is the 3D movie aspect of it, so far.

Don't forget about the new Nintendogs. That title sold like mad when the DS first came out, and I'm sure Nintendo is counting on it to do the same now, and bring in all the casual gamers.

It was obvious at this show that Nintendo was trying to get rid of the idea that they only made games for casual gamers (practically every game shown was loaded with nostalgia), but there were still plenty of incentives for new gamers to buy the new systems. If the 3DS can seriously play 3D movies well, I think it might sell well just as a 3D movie-playing device, since you don't need stupid glasses and a special TV.

Edited by Ragnell

MGS3DS. Seeing those screens alone made me 100% back the 3DS. I'm getting this shit on day one.

As a side note, showing so many different games, with SCREENS for each one, is completely unlike Nintendo. Have they finally stopped bullshittig us out this stuff?

I'm hoping they don't take a lot out of the game. We know that the minigame about catching apes from Ape Escape won't be there.

So, so far, I'm most interested in Gran Turismo and Kirby. Some other stuff I found cool (mostly Nintendo), so I'll be checking those out too (too many to list).

GranTurismo will be for PS3, correct?

On another note, will the 3DS have backwards compatibility?

I'm not really into the whole gimicky 3d thing. It seems like it could be an annoyance at times, but nintendo had to jump on the bandwagon, didn't they?

You can turn the 3D off, so it won't really be an annoyance. Unless some games require it to be on.

And what bandwagon? Nintendo's the only game company currently trying 3D.

Edited by Ragnell

I'm hoping they don't take a lot out of the game. We know that the minigame about catching apes from Ape Escape won't be there.

Kojima would not make a game if he had to cut a bunch of stuff. He might be absolutely insane (just play MGS2 again), but the guy knows how to make a game.