E3 Discussion

Doom103

Ocarina of Time remake has basically been confirmed for the 3DS.

http://kotaku.com/5564576/live-from-nintendos-e3-briefing

And some screens.

http://kotaku.com/5564395/rumor-3ds-gets-ocarina-of-time-remake/gallery/?skyline=true&s=i

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO YOU KNOW HOW DAMN HIGH MY HOPES WERE AFTER SEEING PIKMIN IN THE TITLE OF THIS NEWS???!!!!

http://kotaku.com/5564576/live-from-nintendos-e3-briefing

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo: B -> Kinda meh conference in terms of content. And, can we drop the statistics already? Sure, the stockholders want to know them, but that's what conference calls are for, not E3. And, no mention of the Vitality Sensor. That surprises me a bit.

Actually... thats exactly the kind of thing E3 is for. Its a trade show. Its emphasis is on the industry. We get all the big news for the year from it but it is still where they show off, which includes things like sales numbers.

And Nintendo easily gets at least an A this time.

Kojima would not make a game if he had to cut a bunch of stuff. He might be absolutely insane (just play MGS2 again), but the guy knows how to make a game.

I didn't mean for that reason (I heard and read about Peace Walker being insane as well, haha), I meant that I don't want anything to be cut out to conserve space on a 3DS game cartridge. I'm just hoping that the max amount of available space on the 3DS game cartridge isn't exceeded by the game itself.

I know what I said before pretty much doesn't say this at all, but that's how I meant it to be read.

About the Ape Escape thing, I thought that would bring in copyright restrictions.

I didn't mean for that reason (I heard and read about Peace Walker being insane as well, haha), I meant that I don't want anything to be cut out to conserve space on a 3DS game cartridge. I'm just hoping that the max amount of available space on the 3DS game cartridge isn't exceeded by the game itself.

2GB is the STARTING 3DS card size. It will get larger as the system ages and games require it. The largest DS cart was only 4gb, making the 3DS base card 4x larger than the largest DS card.

Size will get even larger as the cards go down in price.

I know what I said before pretty much doesn't say this at all, but that's how I meant it to be read.

About the Ape Escape thing, I thought that would bring in copyright restrictions.

Oh, I know, I just felt like taking a stab at Kojima there because the guy is crazy. But anyway, we probably shouldn't worry, if there's one thing Kojima likes to do it's completely overdo everything.

(though to be honest, if he had to cut down on cutscenes, it would probably be a better game)

2GB is the STARTING 3DS card size. It will get larger as the system ages and games require it. The largest DS cart was only 4gb, making the 3DS base card 4x larger than the largest DS card.

Size will get even larger as the cards go down in price.

I knew about the DS, but not the 3DS. Where did you find that out from? That's an incredible base size!

I knew about the DS, but not the 3DS. Where did you find that out from? That's an incredible base size!

It's part of the details on Nintendo's E3 coverage page. Strictly about the (current) details of the 3DS.

There's a disclaimer of how nothing is set in stone, but its Nintendo.

Yeah. I found it pretty clearly a middle finger at the PSP, with its 1.8 GB UMDs. >__>

Anyways, it's launching with Ocarina of Time and MGS 3. I'm already prepared to throw an organ or two away to pick one up. :awesome:

Also, vuvuzela for Worst Instrument of the Year, All Years.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

The files from the site are finally downloadable but the size of the RARs is ridiculous because the artwork is in stupidly huge dimensions (5200 x 6000 for example) I'm resizing the files that are over 1MB in the folder and uploading them here in a smaller size (Metroid Other M's rar went from 150MB to around 8MB for example).

Currently uploaded:

Metroid Other M

Zelda Skyward Sword

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Here's a list of the rest which I'll upload as requested:

e6atqx.jpg

Edited by Speedwagon

Wow, Nintendo was fantastic! Unfortunately while they were on I was sleeping/at school, but I've been catching up on the releases I'm interested in and I'm pumped.

Skyward Sword looks awesome. I think the graphics look great, and I love the bomb-rolling thing, it amuses me for some reason. :lol:

Other M look great too. Predicting the controls could be a bit iffy (having to swap between third- and first-person all the time) but I still think it'd be awesome, especially since we find out more about Samus' backstory.

Also, why has no-one mentioned

I've been waiting for a new Kid Icarus game since Brawl, so I'm excited by this.

The 3DS looks awesome, and with all these remakes + the Kid Icarus game, I gotta have one. My old DS is like 5/6 years old anyway, lol.

Yeah, this is my favourite month of the year. :3

By the way, good job Sirius. I've got the Metroid and Zelda ones. They're awesome.

Edited by Rhythm

Also, why has no-one mentioned

I've been waiting for a new Kid Icarus game since Brawl, so I'm excited by this.

Perhaps because Kid Icarus on the NES wasn't actually that good, I still have no idea why Nintendo included him in brawl.

The 3DS looks interesting, I think I'll wait till it's released before I make a decision. The 3D seems gimmicky to say the least.

The new Zelda looks absolutely fantastic, but I'm a little nervous about this whole "living in the clouds" thing. Not to mention that hideously ugly HUD.

I'm still waiting on Deus ex 3 though.

Edited by Iced

Calling it now, the next totally new Fire Emblem is gonna be on 3DS while New Mystery is just fodder to hold us over!

I'll lol if the 3DS FE will look remotely similiar to the April Fools' one.

I'll lol even harder if New Mystery will impress me more than the 3DS FE which is very likely.

No new Fire Emblem is fail.

Well chances are, it'd be overshadowed by the other games that were featured. That's why they didn't reveal Pikmin.

Perhaps though I doubt a completely new FE would take that long. No new Advance Wars either. At least IS is involved in the new Paper Mario 3DS.

No mention of Tales of Graces outside Japan also saddened me :(

The files from the site are finally downloadable but the size of the RARs is ridiculous because the artwork is in stupidly huge dimensions (5200 x 6000 for example) I'm resizing the files that are over 1MB in the folder and uploading them here in a smaller size (Metroid Other M's rar went from 150MB to around 8MB for example).

Awesome! Thanks a lot! Now my connection won't choke on itself due to the huge size of the artwork. Really appreciate it.

We likely won't be seeing a new FE even on the 3DS for some time, given that IS is working on Paper Mario 3DS. Once they get further in the dev cycle of that, perhaps they'll start on it, but it'll probably be some time.

Also, given that you know what to expect from New Mystery (or thereabouts), I wouldn't be surprised either, since it's a remake and thus doesn't necessarily bring in the aspect of "Why aren't we seeing something NEW?" like a future FE would (because, honestly, IS hasn't exactly been coming up with interesting stuff as of late...).

Perhaps because Kid Icarus on the NES wasn't actually that good, I still have no idea why Nintendo included him in brawl.

It's possible the two things are related, though. Melee didn't have Kid Icarus, right? Put him in brawl, (hopefully) make people like him again just in time for another game.

THE MOST DEADLY WEAPON EVER INCLUDED IN A ZELDA GAME: VUVUZELAS!

[spoiler=extra wide picture]Qv5Hm.jpg

M RATING RIGHT HERE!

MORE LIKE VUVUZELDAS AMIRITE?

Nintendo did announce a lot of exciting games Whcich I already have >:[

Ah well hopefully this will help Starfox and MGS return to nintendo as Command was how many years ago/

If they don't use the original f*cking voice actors for Lylat Wars I have to kill Nintendo