E3 Discussion

Doom103

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Konami's conference was, without a doubt, the most hilarious thing I've ever seen at E3. Forget Ridge Racer, we have One million troops.

Nintendo's E3 was amazing! I thought their last year's was the best with SMG2 Metroid, and Golden Sun but they owned this year with too many awesome titles (also, don't know if anyone's already mentioned it but yay release date for Golden Sun new Goldeneye and Donkey Kong Country as well as the 3DS and Kingdom Hearts). I felt too giddy yesterday after their E3. I thought that was it for me but it just didn't stop when I found out they were remaking Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time for 3DS.

God that was awesome.

Oh and yay new Rayman game with Rayman in it.

Edited by 21_21

Perhaps because Kid Icarus on the NES wasn't actually that good, I still have no idea why Nintendo included him in brawl.

The 3DS looks interesting, I think I'll wait till it's released before I make a decision. The 3D seems gimmicky to say the least.

The new Zelda looks absolutely fantastic, but I'm a little nervous about this whole "living in the clouds" thing. Not to mention that hideously ugly HUD.

They were probably one short So they could revive him. That way when they decided to make a new game (like they have) people will actually know who he is.

I think they'll be able to make it work. Nintendo are cool like that. Besides, the 3DS will make the regular DS obsolete like the Wii did the NGC. (Unless you want to play GBA games without an emu or an actual GBA)

I'm not sure about the HUD either, but I still think the game's going to be fantastic. I think the "living in the clouds" is interesting; I'm thinking it has something to do with the myths and gods of Hyrule.

Since I don't feel like making a ridiculously long essay explaining my impressions I'll just sum the 3 'main' conferences up in one picture for each.

Microsoft:

easeofusegonewrong.jpg

Nintendo:

2263631783_small_1.jpg

Sony:

towel.jpg

That's going on my profile.

Edited by Rhythm

I think they'll be able to make it work. Nintendo are cool like that. Besides, the 3DS will make the regular DS obsolete like the Wii did the NGC. (Unless you want to play GBA games without an emu or an actual GBA)

I don't know that they will be able to, a more powerful DS yes, but 3D? how is that going to work on a portable system? 3D for PC games has only recently become easily available and you still need a 120HZ (about $400 at least) monitor and $300 Nvidia glasses. also I still play my NGC.

I don't know that they will be able to, a more powerful DS yes, but 3D? how is that going to work on a portable system? 3D for PC games has only recently become easily available and you still need a 120HZ (about $400 at least) monitor and $300 Nvidia glasses. also I still play my NGC.

Neither do I, but we're not apart of the Nintendo team, are we? They must have something, that is working, or know that it will work, otherwise they wouldn't have announced it. And they DEFINITELY wouldn't have people signing up to make games for it if it was a hopeless cause.

Edited by Rhythm

Ain't touching 3DS unless they announce something as impressive as a Fire Emblem on it.

Platforms are only as good as the games that are actually available for it.

I feel a different way. The games announced seem reason enough for me to get one. I wouldn't fret that there wasn't a FE announced for 3DS, though. Pikmin, which has been confirmed to be in development, wasn't shown because Nintendo officials felt it would be overshadowed. New Mystery of the Emblem (a game we KNOW is coming soon to Japan) wasn't even shown, probably for the same reason. I know IS is working on Paper Mario 3DS, but that's not to say that they aren't working on a new FE (or Advance Wars).

EDIT:

Hopefully we hear about one soon. :(

Edited by DavidAndGoliath

Ain't touching 3DS unless they announce something as impressive as a Fire Emblem on it.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Metal Gear Solid 3. Super Street Fighter IV. Dead or Alive. Kid Icarus. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. Star Fox 64.

Are you telling me that none of these are as impressive as a Fire Emblem? Are you fucking joking right now

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Metal Gear Solid 3. Super Street Fighter IV. Dead or Alive. Kid Icarus. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. Star Fox 64.

Are you telling me that none of these are as impressive as a Fire Emblem? Are you fucking joking right now

The first game you listed alone is enough reason (especially after the interview with Eiji Aonuma on IGN) to buy a 3DS on launch day.

Edited by MGS: Metal Gear Solid

Baw. Command can't even begin to hold a candle to Starfox 64. The Starfox series has only been going downhill. Thankfully, 64 will be getting remade.

Aye its been going downhill but Command was still better than nothing and each sequel had some salvagable aspects even if Lylat wars was out of their league

Edited by mikethfc

Well we already know for a fact that it does work, so you're worried about nothing.

Also, Kid Icarus Uprising looks absolutely nothing like the old game. This is probably a good thing, we essentially get a third Sin and Punishment game.

I was honestly hoping for more info on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The game is due out sometime next year, but I guess this points to coming out next holiday in Japan, with America not getting it until spring of 2012. Great.

Also, every E3 I hope for information on a continuation of a series that I love. Like Shenmue.

So who wants to bet money on how badly the Kinect will fail?

I don't think it will. It'll take some getting used to, but I think it'll work when it's done. The concept is incredible, and it's looking like it's working.

I'm getting for the OoT remake, Lylat Wars remakes, new Paper Mario game & Kid Icarus. How are they not impressive?

I'm pretty sure that the 3DS is going to do to the DS what the Wii did to the Gamecube, but I could be wrong. Not sure on that.

I don't think it will. It'll take some getting used to, but I think it'll work when it's done. The concept is incredible, and it's looking like it's working.

It's a continuation of the Eye-Toy, and all the games that are to be released for the peripheral are shit-tier games that the Wii has had for years. Why is anyone going to pay such money for an attachment, when it doesn't come with freeware originally announced, and they can get this all on a cheap system with cheap games? It doesn't make sense. The best thing that it has to offer is the ability to navigate menus without use of the controller. But that's a braindead thing to do, when a controller is easier to use in the first place, and this is a fucking game console.

I'm definitely for moving forward when it comes to games, but this motion-control gimmick is getting fucking annoying.

It's a continuation of the Eye-Toy, and all the games that are to be released for the peripheral are shit-tier games that the Wii has had for years. Why is anyone going to pay such money for an attachment, when it doesn't come with freeware originally announced, and they can get this all on a cheap system with cheap games? It doesn't make sense. The best thing that it has to offer is the ability to navigate menus without use of the controller. But that's a braindead thing to do, when a controller is easier to use in the first place, and this is a fucking game console.

I'm definitely for moving forward when it comes to games, but this motion-control gimmick is getting fucking annoying.

And I will sign this with a feather pen in my best cursive...

EDIT: Reason being that there is no appeal to motion-control focused games, and most games on something like the Wii that hype it so much I tend to just go to the gamecube controller because the controllers focused on it tend to suck my nutsack.

Thanks, fun police

Edited by Master Tang